Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

It's fantastic that you've been able to accomplish getting this done. We're all anxiously waiting to see the finished product, but I'm sure no one more than javaloui. When should we expect to see it? :)

I am told that the admin should be able to obtain a copy by the end of next week for testing purposes. I will however point out that this is a beta driver reserved for the the admin and jalouvisi ( sorry for the misspelling ), since they are the most qualified to test and furthermore coordinate a deployment. I hope you will all embrace this descision in here.

I am told that the admin should be able to obtain a copy by the end of next week for testing purposes. I will however point out that this is a beta driver reserved for the the admin and jalouvisi ( sorry for the misspelling ), since they are the most qualified to test and furthermore coordinate a deployment. I hope you will all embrace this descision in here.

When does your driver be published ? I'm waiting for it since a long time and my laptop feels like a poor lonesome computeur whithout his wireless connexion lol

I wish to report a success on my laptop HP DV1325LA with Hackintosh 10.4.8 from JaS, only on open networks.

No need to do anything else, just install the package and restart. It would be nice to have WEP support :censored2:, but its a good (very good) advance.

I have an intel 2200G, from the centrino chipset.

Hard to tell where things are on the status. I am about to try the latest drivers on my HP NC8430. I have its internal NIC working, for developing purposes is there anything I can do to provide this machine as a test? Give terminal access or something over the net?

Did anyone make a progress for a HP Compaq 6710b? Also 3945a/b/g.

Downloaded the driver. Tried Network Connector. Got the "Could not get ID for kernel control. 2" error.

Tried to install the driver, kenel panic during shutdown. Kernel panic during boot... So I had to get my backup back.

Any suggestions?

KlyX

Did anyone make a progress for a HP Compaq 6710b? Also 3945a/b/g.

Downloaded the driver. Tried Network Connector. Got the "Could not get ID for kernel control. 2" error.

Tried to install the driver, kenel panic during shutdown. Kernel panic during boot... So I had to get my backup back.

Any suggestions?

KlyX

It sounds like you are running this on leopard, because that is what happened to me. :( I don't believe this driver is compatible with Leopard as of yet. BUMMER!

Hey there

Yep, on leo...

So then, there's no chance to get wIFI (or also normal LAN isn't working on my HP 6710b) working with Leo.

So which Tiger is best? 10.4.9? 10.4.10?

Maybe I should try it out.

None is the best. The iwi3945 driver isn't working, really. It still is on a test stage. So, keep Leo and don't downgrade.

The only one working is iwi2200, the one that Jalavoui owns and that permits him to do more intensive investigation and work. All others are being tested, some are nearer to completion, some are not.

So, keep your pants on and wait for leo driver's news.

Javaloui is always asking for money to try to complete other drivers. It is fair. But it would also be fair to have a roadmap of development so we can know what is being done. At the moment, it seems that, Javaloui apart, no one knows! A Roadmap it's not hard to do.

Hey there

Yep, on leo...

So then, there's no chance to get wIFI (or also normal LAN isn't working on my HP 6710b) working with Leo.

So which Tiger is best? 10.4.9? 10.4.10?

Maybe I should try it out.

Hey jjduro

Thanks for the answer.

It's what I thought, and I saw, that Javaloui is doing great work here.

I would really like to donate, but the little money I earned this month brings me nowhere atm ;-)

But if I can do anything else, I will ;-)

ah, and: no I won't keep leo atm. I just installed my Vista Business again, becaue I need a working sys on my laptop. But as I know myself, I'm gonna make a backup of the complete HD after and try to install 10.4.9 with EFI 5.2 and then I'll try some versions of the driver-alphas, posted here. If I have luck, I'll tell it. But first of all, I've to get the MAC-address :angel:

KlyX

iwi3945/4965

i've updated the svn tree with latest source code

since there are other developers working on this drivers it's better to wait for them to post new versions for testing

anyone who as a change in code, please post it here - there are lot's of people willing to test alpha/beta releases

altought i don't have this cards i'm willing to help on making them work

iwi2100

i'll wait for someone to read the howto post logs and submit fresh logs.

i'd like to put iwi2100 to work - i know it's an old card but i've learned a few things that i use in iwi2200 from writting code for other drivers

iwi2200

open wep support is working - i'm working on shared wep at this time

i already explain the driver status of all iwidrivers - read a few posts back

Dell Latitude D820 3945 with Leopard 10.5.1. Panic's and first time it removed my Darwin Bootloader.

I patched my Hard drive with EFI 8.0 and GUID partition. I have PrePatched BrazilMac's DVD Installed on First partition and Vanilla Leopard on 2nd partition. Both OS's updated to 10.5.1.

Both have NVinjectGO for the Graphics.

Rest of the D820 is pretty much the same as any other D820.

Hopefully with all that I have written here the driver can be updated or fixed. Once that is done I will donate!!

I've been keeping up with driver development within this thread for a while now, well...as a newcomer I've been keeping up as best as I can...it's fairly difficult to sort through 189 pages of posts, and am curious if there has been any concern discussed within this community regarding the incompatibilities many users are experiencing with the PCI-E interface used in many laptops? It would be a shame for anyone to be waiting anxiously for, let's say the iwi3945 drivers as an example, to be released only to experience an entirely new set of problems. Personnaly, when I discovered the incompatibility of my 3945 card I naively ordered a replacement Broadcom netxtreme (4311) and quickly ran into the problem I have just described. Has this been addressed? If it has then forgive me for reposting. If not I think there are some users who should prepare themselves for dissappointment...at least until the PCI-E dilema is resolved.

(If someone does have a solution for this issue please let me know as I, too, am currently seeking support for my hardware)

Take care all!

Hi guys, here are my logs. Nothing to be done with the new iwi2200 driver (Nov. 12th), but I've noticed some good improvements in the WEP direction.

As you can see in the screenshot I can't get the internet connection.

I'm using an Acer Aspire 1692wlmi with Hackintosh 10.4.3 JaS.

log.zip

post-37696-1197709949_thumb.png

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

with the donations made so far i get a wireless router and finish the wep suport for iwi2200

it will take a long time to make this work for other iwi drivers - please help

iwi2200 rel 545

wep association. my router doesn't allow shared key auth - i'll deal with this later

mac address set as param in info.plist

rx/tx speed tuning

etc,etc...