• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3991 replies to this topic

funnypanks

funnypanks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
someone please help me solve my issue. i hate not seeing logs here. jalavoui does all this work and cant even get logs? what bs! i really wanna help. if u can fix my issue expect a log evertime within 24hrs of update

sKylo

sKylo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Is yet an update avaible for 2200 bg cards to connect to SECURED networks?

Im really waiting for this to come :)

When I can help (i dont think i can) msg me!

laundromatt

laundromatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,

i stumbled onto this site the other day, and would like to offer my services (i'm a former software engineer, now in grad school). i have a 3945 card in my thinkpad, which is running windows xp at the moment.

is there an FAQ out there on how to get started with this? i looked on the iwidarwin site but didn't see instructions for people interested in helping with the coding.

also, which OS version are you all using? does it matter? what's the best place to get it? i have experience with unix/linux programming, but i'm a bit of a newb when it comes to Mac OS, so i'm not familiar with things like version numbers, etc.

thanks,
matt

eLMafUDd

eLMafUDd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hmm, I think you should just contact jalavoui regarding dev work.

I am using OS X 10.4.8, but I think the latest release is 10.4.10.

jalavoui

jalavoui

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

is there an FAQ out there on how to get started with this? i looked on the iwidarwin site but didn't see instructions for people interested in helping with the coding.

all developers are welcome - just read a few posts back - i've write some comments about the source code

funnypanks,

you can try to edit the info.plist for the vendor/id of your card - see in windows/linux for values. - linux gives more info on this
those with the mac address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff should also try this - instead of using pci8086,4222. google for compatible devices for this - i've done so and get:
pci1179,ff31 (driver not attached)
Hardware properties:
name='reg' type=int items=5
value=00000000.00000000.00000000.00000000.00000000
name='compatible' type=string items=7
value='pci8086,27a0.1179.ff31.3' + 'pci8086,27a0.1179.ff31' + 'pci1179,ff31' + 'pci8086,27a0.3' + 'pci8086,27a0' + 'pciclass,060000' + 'pciclass,0600'

or
reinstall mac os x - might fix you problem

TheCoolNerds

TheCoolNerds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Girls! Computers! Girls!
hey dude whats up, i have the INTEL PRO WIRELESS 2200BG and it works... too bad it has to be under UNSECURED but i just turned off my SSID Broadcast Option....

anywho... it connects with no PROBLEM... thanks...

any updates???

this is on a GATEWAY 8510GZ notebook...

emymrin

emymrin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
iwi2200 logs + screenshot of NSGUI with networks' flags.
0xDEADBEEF is WPA-PSK network using TKIP and passphrase.
home_wi_fi is most likely configured identically.

Attached Files

codegenic

codegenic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
End the discussion and stop waisting more time porting/dev the iwi 3945. It is now official that it can not be done.
Two highly estimed members of the apple dev team revealed that it cant be done, having risked their jobs trying to solve this riddle themselves, so please stop the bickering and moaning and get on with your lives. Stop being cheap asses, get a second job and buy a real mac.

mickey knox

mickey knox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

End the discussion and stop waisting more time porting/dev the iwi 3945. It is now official that it can not be done.
Two highly estimed members of the apple dev team revealed that it cant be done, having risked their jobs trying to solve this riddle themselves, so please stop the bickering and moaning and get on with your lives. Stop being cheap asses, get a second job and buy a real mac.

Link?

fsk141

fsk141

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Someone forgot to drink their cranberry juice. And dumbass it's not cause were too cheap, its just nice to have OS X running on standard hardware. Unlike Macs, you can pick and choose your hardware. I have a desktop that I taylored to my needs, and OS X runs great. And I just got an IBM X61 and it doesn't have network or sound so some project like this would help me out a lot. Also Mac is a nice middle ground, having a full unix core, and photoshop hehe, otherwise I'd just stick with linux.

MacintizeD

MacintizeD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you seen the progress Jalavui is making over the last 8-10 months? Jalavoi is getting real close now. Please don't spread these unproven rumors on the development topic. If what you said is true, show us a legitimate link!

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
codegenic 103% you dont know what you are talking about, it can be ported trust me

TheCoolNerds

TheCoolNerds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Girls! Computers! Girls!
yeah codegenic is probably STEVE JOBS... pissed off cuz we are doing what he is too incompetent and greedy to do...

emymrin

emymrin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
More iwi2200 logs.
0xDEADBEEF network is WEP-64 open system this time. NSGUI shows the same network flags - 0x431 - as they were when network was WPA-PSK.

Please let me know if I do something wrong or if I can do something about my router settings to improve logs.

Attached Files

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
jalavoui is doing an awsome job, if you need help mate, maybe you need 3945 hardware, maybe i can buy and send you to speed this process up?

.ZAWiR

.ZAWiR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
is the driver for 3945 abg ready??

i still can't find it..

can somebody post the link??

jalavoui

jalavoui

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

0xDEADBEEF network is WEP-64 open system this time. NSGUI shows the same network flags - 0x431 - as they were when network was WPA-PSK.

if WPA flag is 0x431 and WEP-64 also , i'll have to figure out another way to detect the network type - i guess it can be detected in the encript settings
since you have a router, can you try different network settings and report the flags value you get?

i'm changing iwi2200 for QoS (Quality of Service) support. i'd like to know if it makes the driver slower or not
and add code for secure net authentication - this was missing in moses code
my guess is that we'll try to work on WEP first and after it's done try other algorithms
can someone help testing?

you can try this version - it will:
- associate to a secure network (might fail or drop packets)
- report network capability and flags (see in system.log at association time) - this is important for me to id the safe networks. look at the values and explain what type of network/encryption you're using
- QoS will be used/detected - report about download/upload speed performance

iwi3945
any report on the mac address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff or "map is zero" problem?

iwi2100
dpeddi,
sorry for the mess of last post
let me know how i can help
send me a gmail account so i an add you to the iwidarwin site - you should commit your changes to the svn tree

Attached Files

whatmeworry

whatmeworry

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Jalavoui,

I'd like to test my 3945. Is the driver from Post #2956 the latest build? Is there anything you'd like me to look out for during testing?

Thanks,

Ken

emymrin

emymrin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

since you have a router, can you try different network settings and report the flags value you get?

Ok I will try to use different WEP modes with new driver and then will post logs.

codegenic

codegenic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
There is no need for flaming or personal attacks. I merely stated that it couldn't be done, hence the post.
Proving this via link would be compromising two peoples actions and therebye jobs. This I cant nor wont do and I can only gather, that you understand this consideration. Dont take this the wrong way, I too enjoy running jas and uphuck, messing about with the iwi2200 and testing for the 3945, however you just reach a certain point when you gaze upon the casing of ur laptop and silently admit, that it never will nor become a mac. I can however offer you documentation via email as to why this port is a lost cause, however I will only do so if adressed by a dev. Anything else would be a waste of my time and effort. We are talking serious coding conflicts that cannot be solved via code only. I may be old and grumpy, but having coded the last 20 years of my life in every language basically, both professionally and at home, I will allow myself the luxury of claiming that I know better than those supporting the idea of this project without the skills needed in order to make this happen, as opposed to those who truly wishes to but are stuck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy