GeForce FX5200/FX5500 Installer for SSE2 AMD/Intel BETA

Prasys

147 posts in this topic

Hi before... thanks for this reply,

I dont believe... i can get QE/CI only with Intel machine?

Mi system is Asus k8n motherboard with AMD Senprom 2800+ (64)

which is your system? all components works good?

Mauro

I have an AMD Athlon64 3200 with an Asus A8V-e motherboard with an nVidia 7300gs pci-e card. I have QE, CI, and Rotation. Everything works including usb, sound, and lan.

So I'm trying to get dual monitors to work, but it seems the problem is that it will only find a second monitor if I have a TV hooked up to the S-Video port along with one of my monitors, one monitor and one TV will work. I don't want that, I want 2 monitors, is there a way to select which outputs the driver uses? :whistle:

I've got Myz 10.4.5... o updates... wich it my kernel version?? 5.0.1?? should i update it?? how??

any help would be very nice!!

thank you very much for avery post, every idea.... this is a wonderfull forum; AND THIS IT A GREAAAAT threat!!

i'm going right now to buy a gigabyte fx 5200 card.

Thankyou Prasys! :)

After spending nearly a week trying to enable QE/CI w Natit/Titan on my old Ti4400 I finally had to admit defeat.

Yesterday I went out and bought an FX5200 card, within an hour of returning home my OSX86 install was finally fully operational - thanks to your installer pkg.

I never thought I'd see the day!

Massive respect and eternal gratitude to you and all the other immensely talented people that have made this possible.

There's only one thing I need now - a fully k'd Logic Pro 7.2 then I'll truly be in Hackintosh Heaven

:turbin:

Furri

Does this only work for for AGP cards and not PCI??? I have a PCI GeForce FX 5200, and I swear I'm doing everything right, and it's just not workin for me. It did does let me choose the resolutions now, but thats where it stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated, My stats are in my sig

Got it workin :thumbsup_anim: For some reason, and I don't know what, but I had 10.4.8, which was updated from 10.4.7, and when I used the installer it enabled different resolutions but that was it. So I decided to do a clean installation of 10.4.8. When it first kicked, there was alot of tearing, so I deleted all of the ATIxxx.kext, repaired the permissions in disk utility, rebooted, and BAM... CI/QE was enabled.

Thanks Alot, I really do appreciate it.

post-19552-1177218712_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed working on JaS 10.4.8 Semthex 8.8.1 Kernel.

XFX GeForce FX5200 AGP 128Mb CoreImage / QuartzExtreme / OpenGL

Order of installation:

1) Boot from Installer DVD

2) Erased drive and installed ONLY the INTEL ATA Kexts and 10.4.4 Login Window

3) Booted into OSX fine, downloaded this driver installer and installed it.

4) Ran Disk Utility and Repaired Permissions

5) Rebooted and enjoyed 1280 x 1024 @ 90Hz!!!

Thanks SO much. I'm a PC Technician, but this stuff is quite new to me. Thanks for making it easier to understand!

Hi,

I wish I were all of you who managed to make it work...

For the last several day I am installing and reinstalling like crazy but can not get it to work.

I have Dell D800 with Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 and 64Mb RAM dedicated( +64Mb shared memory - this is what windows vista shows). Strangly in Mac it says I have 256Mb? My card Ven ID= 10de and Dev ID 0324.

If I am installing JaS 10.4.8 with only intellogin and Intel Ata it works in basic 1024x768. It works OK but with some graphics problems when scrolling. Therefore I am looking for graphics driver. I tried also this driver but it just hangs and stops. Then I can not manage to do anything but to reinstall. (I do not know how to deinstall this driver)

How to change Dev/Ven ID? Where, how and when? After driver installation and before rebooting?

Did any of you make it work with Geforce FX Go5200 64Mb? Which system? Which driver?

Thanks,

Jernej

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
i tried the installer, it gives me all the resolutions--im running 1600x1200@60hz on my samsung SyncMaster 204B---b

How did you get the 1600x1200 resolution?? I'm dying for that... and I don't have a clue how to get there :)

I'm on the original JAS 4.8, no updates, no updated kernel, Geforce 5200 FX AGP. Everything including ALL of my hardware is working more than great, the only thing I need is the max resolution for my 21" Iyama..

Tips are very very welcome! :)

Mistakenly used your patch on 10.4.6 in trying to use dual monitors. 1st and 2nd bad idea. I my gma 900 now lost QE. Is there a quick way to restore the system to the way it was? What files do I need to delete? Do I need to edit anything? What should I have backed up before I did this?

hey ,first want to thank you for this installer.

Its word perfect on Tiger,my geforce 5200 is working good,all enabled.

But, now i have Leopard(dont ask me how)and it shows errors big time.

The colors are screwd up,but its the same config as whit Tiger.

Maybe some ideas?

How did you get the 1600x1200 resolution?? I'm dying for that... and I don't have a clue how to get there :)

I'm on the original JAS 4.8, no updates, no updated kernel, Geforce 5200 FX AGP. Everything including ALL of my hardware is working more than great, the only thing I need is the max resolution for my 21" Iyama..

Tips are very very welcome! :)

Nevermind my comment there... played around with SwitchResX and eventually got 1600x1200 at 51hz.. workin' like a a charm!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Pundit P1-AH2.

In the Pundit there is a Nvidia 6100/6150 onboard Card which is not working with Natit or everything else I have tried :D

I'm planing to buy a PCI Nvidia 5200 Card. Has someone tested the Card in such a Configuration?

Will the Driver ignore the Onboard Card and just use the PCI one? :D

If someone could help me with this it would be great.

Thanks

Vlaves

• 2 weeks later...

Getting Close.

Have 10.4.8 sse2 installed and working. Natit and Titan both work on external LCD with QE/CI. 5200go with 32megs. Built in 15.4 only gives black screen. Tutorials section advise trying latest kernel, is nebukanezer the latest?(The one on Disk) . Video out is listed as PCI internal should be AGP 4x . Will try the earlier AGP .kext Tried one and gave the restart message . Don't know if device id's will make any difference now as acceleration is working.

Last hurdle

Toshiba M30 1.4m laptop.