New Parallels Beta Build 3036 Released

Colonel

109 posts in this topic

Boot-Camp is grayed out for me too. even though us hackintosh users dont have boot-camp

i just hope i can boot up my windows partition or something

Question: Will it run fluently on my MacBook? It is a Dual core 2 Ghz, withc 512bm installed...

I'm kinda waiting for the 3d graphics to be included,

which is what I've read elsewhere what will be be included in a future version of Parallels.

I wonder if I need my REAL PC any longer by then or can put it on e-bay or something..

Do you guys still use your PC, now that u use Parallels on your Mac? Duh, probable for games at least, since there's no 3D graphics included yet.. :wallbash:

New build, new (and a little bit better) hack to make it working on AMD.

Now, you don't need to delete InstallationCheck and some other stuffs from the pakage, but just watch inside Info.plist and change these lines:

<key>TestObject</key>

<string>GenuineIntel</string>

whit these others:

<key>TestObject</key>

<string>AuthenticAMD</string>

Or, you can delete <key>IFRequirementDicts</key> and all the stuffs regarding Intel and AMD checks between the last two arrays.

Sherry Haibara

ok, im having a bit of a problem, wonder if anyone can help...

so i got Parallels to boot my Boot Camp install (on my MBP - see sig for specs), but it hasnt picked up my keyboard or trackpad - the OS is running, and throws up a bunch of Found New Hardware type things, then a wizard for Floppy Drive (!??!), but i cant move the mouse, and the usual keyboard shortcuts do nothing, suggesting the keyboard also isnt detected.

i tried plugging in an external usb keyboard, but i cant ever get parallels to get access to it... i always just get the dreaded 'wait 5-10 sec and try again' message.

so i CAN boot the bootcamp install, but i cant DO anyhting with it! help!

ok, im having a bit of a problem, wonder if anyone can help...

so i got Parallels to boot my Boot Camp install (on my MBP - see sig for specs), but it hasnt picked up my keyboard or trackpad - the OS is running, and throws up a bunch of Found New Hardware type things, then a wizard for Floppy Drive (!??!), but i cant move the mouse, and the usual keyboard shortcuts do nothing, suggesting the keyboard also isnt detected.

i tried plugging in an external usb keyboard, but i cant ever get parallels to get access to it... i always just get the dreaded 'wait 5-10 sec and try again' message.

so i CAN boot the bootcamp install, but i cant DO anyhting with it! help!

And after all that you're still having more luck than me :poster_oops:

had the same problem munky with my mouse, got through it by installing the vmtools using alt-tab, enter. But Parallels was messing with my network when i booted into xp natively so i trashed it. Great progress but since its a beta it def needs some work.

munky keyboard no worky either.

munky a sad simian.

munky cry now...

(actually, im going to try safe mode...)

EDIT: that didnt work either. pish.

Are you crippled in VM, or from a real boot? Or both?

Don't know how to add a quote. . . ah well. Anyway, just to clear the record for my comments last night, I was just a bit drunk and maybe a bit more gushy about a computer program than some would think proper. My life, however, is quite satisfying.

I had the same problem with the mouse and keybord not working. Parallels would boot the Boot Camp install, but I could not log in because the mouse and keybord did not work. To correct this problem on my MacBook Pro, all I needed to do was add the USB devices to the VM before booting the machine. Afer that, everything worked fine. The only issue I am consistently experiencing now is that when I wake from sleep mode, the internet connetion in paralles does not work correctly until I restart Windows.

Ah, I see it now.

Have any of you found a workaround for Windows activation when running the Parallels VM from a Boot Camp partition? I've already had to call Mircosoft twice to reactivate the OS. Any suggestions? I tried coping the wpa.dbl file, but was unable to copy the old file over because windows forced me to activate before it would let me login.

Is anyone else having this problem?

On my hackintosh, it runs very well but with some issues.

First of all, the installation was super smooth. I just entered the serial number for Windows XP and it did un-attanded install and Parallels tools was already installed. The network works great and the performance is very good. The video acceleration is bad in full screen and I can see pixelation. Sound does not work and I receive failed to write to sound device error (I am using AzaliaAudio) and it reverted to loop back driver instead.

However, Coherency works out of the box and it is the best feature in virtualization I've ever seen till now so I can't blame them for the other issues. The most interested feature is full 3D acceleration support and once that day come I will ditch dual boot forever !! On my newly bought Intel Pentium D Pressler Intel Virutalization technology is disabled. How can I tell if my processor supports IVT or not ?

I hope apple will not buy them otherwise it will be crisis for us Hackintosh users :D

but some people already managed to run it on AMD platform :P

BTW, don't forget to turn of screen saver in Coherency mode :rolleyes:

I tried some 2D games like Gunbound and they still don't work. Error 310: No 3D accelerator card could be found or low graphics driver. I send them report for my sound card issue.

I have Windows installed on a second hard drive and after installing the parallels tools on the windows partition the bootcamp selection on Parallels is still greyed out. I read the parallels forums and it seem like thtat is a known issue has anyone found a workaraound for that?

some clarifications: im crippled only when booting in Parallels - my Boot Camp experience is fine; im running 10.4.8; and geekbench scores - so what? i still have a fantastic laptop... :(