InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I would just like to share that this kext:

http://forum.insanel...t...ost&id=7135

from this thread:

http://forum.insanel...o...255x&st=20#

allowed me to use my Intel Pro 100 S network card. All I had to do was un-rar the file and drop the kext into the appropriate directory, as per the included instructions.

cheers.

cagoenbillgates

cagoenbillgates

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

i have a strange issue with a wireless card in my laptop. it thinks that it is ethernet.

when i went through the setup on a fresh installation, it knew it was a wireless card, and i was able to pic up signal and connect, but when i launch osx it does not allow me to configure the airport card, and none of the wireless troubleshoots that i have tried have worked. please help....

this is a picture of the setup.
now since i have launched osx the airport icon in the menu bar is always blank, and in the system prefferences it show that i am connected via ethernet. NEED HELP/ IDEAS

Same problem here! Acer extensa 5210 (broadcom 4311, ill confirm if this exactly this chip).

The weird thing is I can browse webs and so until the first reboot, then no more internet.

mediashock

mediashock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
i got the same issue .. it thinks its regular internet card not wireless
and after i reboot it wont work anymore any ideas??? its broadcom

beniel09

beniel09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
could anyone pls post a driver for a Realtek Rtl-8139D PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
VEN ID: 1904 DEV ID: 2031

i've been looking... i've been editing and installing diff kext.... i couldnot get it work :rolleyes:

thank you

HojoojoH

HojoojoH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

gigabyte ethernet marvell 88e1116 doesnt work probably even if just modified IONetworkFamily.kext, guys any other good ideas can make it work ????

Thanks !

I second the need for this fix

Just a heads up!

Omakayd

Omakayd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I third... maybe we are the only people with this chip? ;)

mobo is m2n-sli deluxe... have tried everything...

xaviler

xaviler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
could anyone pls post a driver for a INTEL PRO 1000 ( 82566MM )
VEN ID: 8086 DEV ID: 1049

it doesnt work...
Error in Kernel : Intel 82557 : couldnt allocate eeprom objectVID: family spe....

any tip ?

dafart

dafart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi there, maybe this can be added to the starter post? http://forum.insanel...showtopic=52296
It's a driver and guide for: Ethernet controller: ALi Corporation ULi 1689,1573 integrated ethernet, used for example on my ASRock 939Dual-SataII board. Personally testen on my 10.4.8 install, will test it with 10.4.10 as well. Didn't get this working in Leopard yet, will test some more and maybe an update will be written for 10.5 support!

Cheers

surah

surah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi there,
does anybody know, which ethernet card the ibm thinkpad T30 has? and how to get it working?

edit: i dont mean the wirelesscard, i mean the real 10/100 RJ-45 ethernet card. i just dont get it working...

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:swim, learning, computers
hey

I have a solution for the GA P35-DS3(P):

For me, When I first installed, ethernet worked great. Then I installed Vista, started up in Vista, and when I went back to OS X, the ethernet was broken. solution:

boot into bios (press <delete> at bios post)

open "Integrated Peripherals"

enable LAN Boot ROM

startup. it will add 20-30 seconds to your boot time, but ethernet will work.

LeBron

LeBron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
i am having trouble getting ethernet working on leopard. i got it working in tiger but i cannot with leopard.

its the yukon one

Andr3s

Andr3s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Could anyone post the driver for the Realtek 8168/8111 ? please!! thanx

karaakeha1

karaakeha1

Mac Pro Case

• Donators
  • 561 posts
Hi

Could anyone post the driver for the Realtek 8168/8111 ? please!! thanx

Check out my Guide , it has it

xplode_me

xplode_me

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Anyone has a functional RTL8139 kext for leopard?
Thanks!

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
For me it works the vanilla kext.

joeyalaiza

joeyalaiza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i've got Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet.

tried AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip but didn't work. anyone has solution for this?

BTW, i've got iAtkos working on Acer Aspire 4710.
Thanks!

obs0lete

obs0lete

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
In regards to an earlier post I made on there forums: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=83265

I have managed to actually get my D-link DFE-538TX recognized in iATKOS 1.0ir2 (still no luck with the Atheros L1).

Now, the only problem is that I cannot assign an IP address to my machine and I suspect it is because the Ethernet ID shows up as 00:00:00:00:00:00 instead of the address it should be.

I am able to get the system to recognize when a cable is unplugged or plugged in and I am just getting the default DHCP IP address.

What would cause this, could it be an incorrect kext installed? I choose the ViaRhine driver durring the setup, I've yet to try with the Realtek driver which seems to be working for some people.

How would this issue be resolved? If I were to manually edit the Ethernet ID, would I be able to finally have a working ethernet connect?

That raises another question, how would I manually edit the Ethernet ID address? I can't see any way to change this....

Please help, I'm sooooooo close to a perfect install now!!! :(

Maxtoid

Maxtoid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello - I have the broadcom 57xx card and I attempted to use both options you gave under that catagory. the second option installed perfectly, yet nothing changed after reboot. it was like I never installed it. The first option gave an installation issue and upon reboot would freeze the computer at the login screen. every time. I had to reformat after that.

Any ideas?

obs0lete

obs0lete

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Ok, I have finally figured out how to get the D-Link DFE-538TX Card to work!

I'm now using Kalyway's 10.5.1 as it seems to be quicker on my system than iATKOS.
Anyways, I remembered that when I had an AMD, I was using tubgirl's 10.4.10 release and I was using the same card in my system with no problems. So I took the ViaRhine.kext from the tubgirl release and installed it on my current system and well...I'm typing from Leopard now :)

nicknowsky

nicknowsky

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I got a Realtek_RTL8150_USB_10_100_Fast_Ethernet_Adapter I got it from compUSA, its just a little USB thumb drive type adapter. It is read under the System profiler as USB LAN ADAPTER but that along with my nforce ethernet dont work at all, I am currently using tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD image, installed fine ,but I have NO ethernet or on board AUDIO I got a nforce southbridge chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy