[How To] Solutions for Ethernet Problems

Rammjet

132 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Those drivers on the realtek site do not work for the RTL8110S. Despite the fact that the page says the drivers are for that chipset, when you run the installer it only lists

8169S (SB)

8168 (B/C/CP)

8102E

Tried it with my ECP 945P-A motherboard with the RTL8110S chipset Kalyway 10.5.2, kernel 9.2.0 and no luck.

I have installed the forcedeth.kext and Mac recognises my ethernet card, but i can't connect to the internet. Not with automatic neither manual configuration. The little button turns to green and it says I have ip-adress 165.xxx.xxx.xxx (don't know the exact adress). But normally (in windows) it's always 192.168.1.10x. It says I am connected but Safri still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution - This was orginally posted by Flake I'm having the same problem if anyone could help I'd definitely appreciate it. I have a hp pavilion slimline s7700n Kalyway OSX 10.5.2

I have installed the forcedeth.kext and Mac recognises my ethernet card, but i can't connect to the internet. Not with automatic neither manual configuration. The little button turns to green and it says I have ip-adress 165.xxx.xxx.xxx (don't know the exact adress). But normally (in windows) it's always 192.168.1.10x. It says I am connected but Safri still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution - This was orginally posted by Flake I'm having the same problem if anyone could help I'd definitely appreciate it. I have a hp pavilion slimline s7700n Kalyway OSX 10.5.2

That 165.etc. is a fake address.

Since it doesn't appear to be grabbing an IP from the router via DHCP, you should use a static IP that's outside the range of your DHCP pool (as configured in you router). Does your system connect to your LAN at all? Can you connect to your router via 192.168.x.1? If you can, but don't have internet access, it may be a DNS issue, try inputting the DNS #s (from your ISP) in your Ethernet panel and see if it connects.

regards,

MAJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i've got Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet.

tried AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip but didn't work. anyone has solution for this?

BTW, i've got iAtkos working on Acer Aspire 4710.

Thanks!

Please tell me if you have found a solution!

THANKS

The Broadcom 57xx Links are down :[

Yeah!! :(

Please advice!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

i made my broadcom 5755 card work on my dell latitude d630 laptop using AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext. Immediately after the installation using kext helper, the leo4allv3final installation recognized the network card and asked the configuration.

Now its working. Thanks for this kext

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest PeterJones1

I am using the V8.0 Stratix III dev kit with the example "standard" design for the SIII board. I wonder if v9.0 would fix it, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to download it.

it is not really clear what has been done there to fix it. While it works, it doesn't really help me for creating my own design. The DOC file describes how the NIOS project was changed, but there have also been changes to the Quartus/SOPC side of things.

Googling has drawn a big blank (apart from this thread). Would some kind person be able to point me in the direction of information on what the issue is here and how to fix it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I have a problem with nForce 550 and dual booting.

I installed dual booting with Leopard and Windows XP and after some MBR configuring I was able to even run the Windows XP as a virtual machine in VMware fusion, because it was recognised as a "Boot Camp Partition". Everything worked fine, until I installed drivers for ethernet in regular booted Windows XP. After that, the network in Leopard didn't work. I tried to reinstall the Leopard kexts and even reinstall whole Leopard, but nothing solved the problem. Any idea how to make it run?

Hardware:

AMD Sempron 3400+

MSI GeForce 8600 GS

MSI K9N Neo PCB v1.0

- Realtek HDA

- nVidia nForce 550

Software:

Windows XP Professional SP3 32bit

- original network drivers from MSI

iDeneb 1.6 Lite (Leopard 10.5.8)

- network drivers: forcedeth & nForceEthernet (ethernet worked only with these two together, not with forcedeth or nForceEthernet alone)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...