[How To] Solutions for Ethernet Problems

Rammjet

132 posts in this topic

I have an ethernet port, Marvell Yukon, Yukon-88E8038, and vendor and device IDs, 0x435211AB. I cannot get it working on Kalaway's Leopard 10.5.1 installation. Could someone please help me out here? I have been looking everywhere with no luck so far.

Does anyone know what kind of ethernet i have inside my Alienware please I cant open it up to find out because it will void my warranty and it's only 3 weeks old.

I got Alienware m15x

I think it's a Gigabit Ethernet but i cant find drivers for it to use with Leopard All4Leo.

This is my network car and wifi info:

Wireless NIC Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN Data link protocol Ethernet, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Bluetooth 2.0, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11n (draft) Networking standards IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Bluetooth 2.0, IEEE 802.11n (draft)

Hey Everyone!!!! look at what i discovered!!!!Realtek Drivers from REALTELK them selves:

RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168/RTL8111C for 10.4 (10/100/1000 pciE) under OTHER

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...GetDown=false#7

RTL8110S-32/RTL8110SB(L)/RTL8169SB(L)/RTL8169SC(L) RTL8169 (10/100/1000 pci) for 10.4 under OTHER

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...ue#5,7,8,10,987

Can you attach the realtek drivers here, because I can't connect realtek site for some reason :D

Ethernet

Realtek 8169/8168/8110/8111/8100/8101 - Use This or get an installer here

[/indent]

worked for Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: G31M-S2L

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Solo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 1 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

alone cable modem connection works.

but how can i get the router to work with the mac?

http://www.planex.net/spec/router/BLW-54CW...nglish_v1.0.pdf

BLW-54CW IEEE 802.11g Wireless Broadband Router

it fails to connect to internet :trumpet: any advice?

BRILLIANT! you are some very clever people this has got my internet working properly and solved the last major headache I had with the hackintosh!

many many thanks!

EDIT: alas - although I'm sure you are still clever people this appear to have been a cruel game my tamed leopard was playing on me, although the internet worked for twenty minuets, far longer than before - it once again decided to change it's IP address and stop working. *sigh*

I have installed the forcedeth.kext and Mac recognises my ethernet card, but i can't connect to the internet. Not with automatic neither manual configuration. The little button turns to green and it says I have ip-adress 165.xxx.xxx.xxx (don't know the exact adress). But normally (in windows) it's always 192.168.1.10x. It says I am connected but Safri still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution (except buying a Apple)?

I experience the same. Solution is needed...

• 2 weeks later...

That's how I overcome the driver problem with my onboard Broadcom BCM5752 chipset. I choose instead the Apple USB to Ethernet adapter ($30) with free delivery from Online Apple Store. I am more than happy with its performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a tip for jump-starting the Intel PRO/1000 series (both card-based and onboard; it shows as onboard Ethernet) in Leopard (works in 10.5.x) when connected to a router:

Temporarily change the setting from DHCP to DHCP with manual address, then select an unused IP address on the same subnet (I use 192.168.100.113 for this, as my router uses 192.168.100.xxx), then exit System Preferences; however, don't restart yet! Instead, go back to System Preferences, and to Network, then change the setting back to DHCP, and hit Apply. Despite everything being *greyed out* and the red light remaining on, the fields will still populate (in grey). When this happens, it means that (despite the false red light) your router is being seen and your network connection is live!

I've had this happen twice now (first with ToH 10.5.2, and just now with JaS 10.5.4) and this fix works for both (same hardware).

I'm having trouble with an nForce card connecting to the internet via a home router using DHCP. Plain old DHCP doesn't work - it says that the status of my connection cannot be determined, then self-assigns an IP Address that's completely different to the rest of the network. So, I've therefore connected the Hackintosh with DHCP and a manual IP (definitely unique on the network). System Preferences then says that I'm connected over ethernet - the router status page can see the Hackintosh is connected and reports its MAC address correctly. However, I can't ping the machine from anywhere else on the network, nor can I ping any other machine from the Hackintosh. I can't get the internet, check email, ssh or anything. My MacBook connects fine with just plain DHCP - gets a correct IP and works without any problems. Anyone got any suggestions?

nForce ethernet card

Kalyway with Forcedeth

OSX firewall turned off

Not sure what else is important, so let me know if you need any more info. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have installed the forcedeth.kext and Mac recognises my ethernet card, but i can't connect to the internet. Not with automatic neither manual configuration. The little button turns to green and it says I have ip-adress 165.xxx.xxx.xxx (don't know the exact adress). But normally (in windows) it's always 192.168.1.10x. It says I am connected but Safri still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution (except buying a Apple)?

I have de exact same problem. i also put "waking up lan" off in my bios. But then my XPS M1330 would even start mac os up.

I am using leo4ever v3.

Please help.......

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Using VMware workstation 6.5 under vista (64 bit), I managed to get iATKOS 4.1i installed

and running on a HP Pavilion m9351.

The network was not working yet, so I installed the driver for the RealTek 8168 Ethernet device suggested

in this thread. It installed successfully, but when I go to the network in the system configuration, it

still claims the cable is not connected despite the cable being connected.

Can anyone provide some assistence on how to get the network configured properly?

I have other virtual machines (XP Pro and ubuntu) that have no difficulties with network connectivity.

Kind regards and thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek