AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Just an FYI: I tried 1.15 on my P5W DH (on-board ALC882) and tried the old 0.4b patcher but neither is complete (no multichannel available) and neither gives me the control over volume and mute that I had from my keyboard originally. Could this be due to the change of kernel? (Semthex to DaemonES)? I'll try the most recent Semthex kernel, and worse case, I can restore the entire partition from a backup I made when everything was freshly installed (with the working keyboard control of the ALC882).

First off, thank you, Taruga, for the great work!

Alas, all I get right now are the three lines of codec info and then the patcher stops and doesn't patch anything. I'm using v1.15 of the patcher and a codec dump for AD1988A I made yesterday.

Should I be using an older version of the patcher or is AD1998A not supported well?

Thing is - I can easily get my sound working by erasing the AppleHDA kext and adding device/vendor ID to the Azalia kext - but that only gets me sound - no other outputs, so I'd rather get it working your way, by patching the AppleHDA kext.

Anyhow, I'm attaching my AD1998A codec dump if anyone is interested.

AD1988A.txt

dionysossss: I'm using a P5B-E which is like a P5B but with ICH8R instead of vanilla ICH8, so I get more SATA ports, among other things, but I think the audio is the same. The Asus site doesn't specify a number for the audio codec for the P5B-E, but does specify AD1988A for the P5B-E Plus, which is the european version of the board, so I'm assuming my board is 1988A as well, even though the codec dump doesn't specify it explicitly.

I'm using the same JaS 10.4.8 release as you. Still hoping for DaemonES to finish working on a driver for the Attansic chip on my board, but otherwise the P5B-E works like a champ.

Hi I am new user that just got a sony vaio sz220. i have searched for a couple of days and found scattered information on making osx86 work on the sz series. i'm not that good with macs so i need some help!

I put together a list of all the steps that need to be done, please let me know if anything is incorrect as I am going to try and install everything this weekend!

get osx 10.4.7

install

get JaS 10.4.8 Update

install with Intel Support, 10.4.4 login window, and GMA950 <- not sure if this is right (not sure how this works, please help)

get Power management from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912

install (will this increase the battery life, i heard the vaio sz will only last 1 hour with osx86 running, is this true!???)

video: nVidia GeForce Go 7400, macvidia drivers version 1.0.8 manual install, reboot and that's it. (i can manage this one!)

video: Intel GMA950 Video works. CI & QE are supported with JAS GMA950 patch (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37213 <-- i think this site describes how to do the patch). In the Sony Vaio BIOS, set the laptop display area to extend the screen to get 1280x800 resolution in OS X. Otherwise your maximum resolution will be 1024x768. (should be taken care of if i did the update correct i guess)

ethernet: follow instructions on http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28680

USB: Works natively

wireless: buy usb wireless adpater

Any steps I left out? How long will this all take? Anything I need to do before installing 10.4.7? Can all the patching can be done after the os is installed?

THANK YOU GUYS! THANK YOU! YOU GUYS ARE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE JUST INSTALLED THE AZALIAAUDIO,PKG AND IT WORKED, MY COMPUTER IS AN INTEL 925 AND IT FINALLY WORKED! I HAVEN'T SET THE INPUT, BUT ACTUALLY I DON'T NEED THOSE THAT MUCH REALLY... I WORK WITH CGI AND INPUT IS NOT SO IMPORTANT FOR ME! I'D DONATE FOR ANY OF YOUR ORGANIZATIONS, BUT I CANNOT EXCHANGE US$ SO SORRY FOR THAT, BUT GREAT WORK FOR ALL OF YOU! THX

Hi Taruga. So attached you find a copy of my codec#0 from my Toshiba Laptop's reluctant CONEXANT sound card. It differs from the codec#0 from the FTP in the 1st posting.

In Konqueror, I went to /proc/asound/card0 and copied codec#0 to my FAT boot partition. I am just writing from within Firefox running from the Kanotix live CD and attached the codec#0 right from here :thumbsup_anim:

So I hope there is a chance for you to incorporate this codec into your patcher :D

Thanks a lot,

Bugs

PS: For anyone having troubles getting Knoppix to boot because of pcmcia or udev issues, just use Kanotix.

codec_0_CONEXANT_Toshiba_BugsBunny.txt

Edited by BugsBunny

:'( V1.15 - Another patcher and still no sound on alc861/alc660

AppleHDA Patcher v1.15 * new *

Will ALC861/660 be supported at all or is it different piece of hardware? In Linux it's supported by Intel HDA driver... I'm wondering if I should delete OSX partition, I was kinda hoping to use Garage Band mostly :P

Thanks for all the work anyway Taruga :)

OK i've used this on my 10.4.8 and rebooted after patching

And now it keeps telling me i need to reboot {WTF} ;) (ok just found out its a "kernel panic"

now what do i do i cant get into OS X at all!

Is there any way to revert it back to its state before???

Plz help!

Edit: Can i recover form a kernel panic?

Edited by hula-hoops

OK i've used this on my 10.4.8 and rebooted after patching

And now it keeps telling me i need to reboot {WTF} ;) (ok just found out its a "kernel panic"

now what do i do i cant get into OS X at all!

Is there any way to revert it back to its state before???

Plz help!

Edit: Can i recover form a kernel panic?

please refer to post# 1224

wow! that would be cool to get this one working. But still, I think that in our case this could be problem with DSDT (man, I'm talking about this one all the time ;)). Anyway, can't wait to get sound fully working on my machine.

cheers,

mentorek

Guys! I can't use this patcher. Every time I tried to launch this patcher I got the restart message. There is no difference either I double click patcher or drag and drop driver file to it's icon. Please, help me what is wrong?

Thanks.

I've got laptop Samsung X11

Core2Duo 1.83

Intel 945

1Gb

NV Ge7400

SoundMax AT1986

I have an Asus P5N-SLI mobo.

The specs say it has a ALC883 onboard.

My goal is to get the coaxial SPDIF working.

I have stereo out using AppleAC97.kext

When I boot into Linux it seems to detect the sound as an ALC850. There is no codec#0.

This is the closest I can find:

0-0/0: Realtek ALC850 rev 0

PCI Subsys Vendor: 0x1043
PCI Subsys Device: 0x812a

Revision		 : 0x00
Compat. Class	: 0x00
Subsys. Vendor ID: 0xffff
Subsys. ID	   : 0xffff

Capabilities	 :
DAC resolution   : 16-bit
ADC resolution   : 16-bit
3D enhancement   : No 3D Stereo Enhancement

Current setup
Mic gain		 : +0dB [+0dB]
POP path		 : pre 3D
Sim. stereo	  : off
3D enhancement   : off
Loudness		 : off
Mono output	  : MIX
Mic select	   : Mic1
ADC/DAC loopback : off
Double rate slots: 7/8
Extended ID	  : codec=0 rev=2 LDAC SDAC CDAC DSA=0 SPDIF DRA
Extended status  : SPCV LDAC SDAC CDAC SPDIF=10/11 SPDIF
SPDIF Control	: Consumer PCM Category=0x2 Generation=1 Rate=48kHz

I've tried all the 883 dumps from the first post and get nothing.

Any idea on what I can do with this?

Thanks.

Install the “AppleHDA” with package” INTEL_D945GNTLR.TXT “and when reinitiating he appears this:

"You need to restart you computer. hold down the power button for severd seconds or press the restart button" :P

pardon my English is k I do not only pull ahead Spanish

Help please ;)

PD: if they responded to me in very good serious Spanish for my

MaxL,

That's called a kernel panic.

This is a problem with the default kernel that comes with the JaS DVD's. You need to get a new one. DaemonES worked for me. Post 1080 in this thread explains how to do it. BTW- There is a note concerning this in the first post.

Pablo,

Do you get that message when you run HDAPatcher or after reboot?

If you get it when running HDAPatcher, see the note above to MaxL.

If you get it when rebooting, your new kext is probobly not compatable with your system.

Boot into singleuser mode (hit F8 when you see the blinking cursor at the beginning of boot and type -s and hit enter).

Find the kext (in /System/Library/Extensions) and rename or remove it.

I have no idea how to get a working kext though.

Edited by GiM