Skylake-X Testing (i7-7800X i7-7820X i9-7900X)

stinga11

147 posts in this topic

I have a Kabyl Lake-X (just for testing, obviously this family sucks). What FakeCPUID should I set?

Edit; I can boot with no FakeCPUID set and cpu=1 (CPU errors without that flag) in 10.12.6.

Hardware:

i5-7640X

Gigabyte X299-UD4 (F2 BIOS)

GT 740 (native support)

I attached Darwin Dump, System Information, PCI List from DPCI Manger, IOreg, Mald0n's Send Me, and the ACPI Origin from Clover dump.

Easy 5GHz overclock gets me 198 in Cinebench single core bench!

Good info. I will check your system.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I'm slowly working through stuff. Got it from stuck on pluses to a kp :P

The stuck on pluses was just old caches in my install. The kp has moved along a bit, I had to get rid of some kexts and various patches. Possibly this one is hwmonitor? I attach the screen dump and would appreciate some advice!

post-1564334-0-65283800-1501965242_thumb.jpg

i9 7900x, Ga Aorus 9.

• Like 1

Yes, you need to delete all of the sensors in your Plugins folder in FakeSMC.

Yes indeed. Thanks maleorderbride. Worked that out just before you posted haha. Now I've just got a reboot way further along the boot process. I'll try to get a pic of it before it disappears. Along the way I figured cpus=1 is not a good idea. This is always quite fun :)

Nice way to spend a Sunday.

Oh, btw, My radeon vega isn't arriving until Tuesday, so I've got until then to work out how to get this going in Sierra, then how to get it going in HS.

Yes indeed. Thanks maleorderbride. Worked that out just before you posted haha. Now I've just got a reboot way further along the boot process. I'll try to get a pic of it before it disappears. Along the way I figured cpus=1 is not a good idea. This is always quite fun :)

Nice way to spend a Sunday.

Oh, btw, My radeon vega isn't arriving until Tuesday, so I've got until then to work out how to get this going in Sierra, then how to get it going in HS.

If you need only cpus=1, remove cpus=1 on bootarg. And check Kernel LAPIC patch on KernelAndKextsPatches in config.plist. i am not sure but its simliar issue on HP laptop.

If you need only cpus=1, remove cpus=1 on bootarg. And check Kernel LAPIC patch on KernelAndKextsPatches in config.plist. i am not sure but its simliar issue on HP laptop.

I don't think I need cpus=1, I just had a go on account of the cpu being unsupported. It worked once for my xeon to get it going.

I tried lapic patch but no change...

This is the latest screenshot. it's nearer the end of the boot sequence and usb stuff etc has loaded.

Thanks for your work! I realise that only NZ is awake usually at this time...

post-1564334-0-61614600-1501973733_thumb.jpg

How did you get past your last error? I'm stuck in the same place.

I don't know!

The only thing I did differently was to accidentally boot from the NVME instead of the USB HD.

I'll try to figure it out and let you know. 

My EFI is really messy now, but I'll attach it anyway. Some kexts and patches needed to be disabled or removed from my X99 install.

edit:

So, I'm not clever with this sort of stuff (just persistent), so if some kind and clever person can take a look at the IO reg, the send me and clover attachments and help me figure out how to get X299 working on High Sierra I'd be very happy!!!

This is because I have the Radeon Vega turning up next week, which will only work on HS...

Thanks in advance :)

CLOVER.zip

Send me pete’s Mac Pro.zip

pete’s Mac Pro.zip

• Like 1

Perhaps you had a USB problem then? Do all ports work without any other changes?

And thanks Sherlocks, I'll try that tomorrow. FYI though, it is panic'ing because it thinks I have 8 threads (despite 4c/4t). I tried iMac18,1, 2, and 3, but same problem on all. I cobbled up a SSDT manually, but Pike's script doesn't have Kabyl Lake in it, let alone -X. I left a bug report.

I imagine that all KBYL/SKYLK-X's work so long as they are i7's at this point. Looks like XCPM does as well (it does on my single core even).

Perhaps you had a USB problem then? Do all ports work without any other changes?

And thanks Sherlocks, I'll try that tomorrow. FYI though, it is panic'ing because it thinks I have 8 threads (despite 4c/4t). I tried iMac18,1, 2, and 3, but same problem on all. I cobbled up a SSDT manually, but Pike's script doesn't have Kabyl Lake in it, let alone -X. I left a bug report.

I imagine that all KBYL/SKYLK-X's work so long as they are i7's at this point. Looks like XCPM does as well (it does on my single core even).

I7 problem, apple not release i9 processor mac series. At least best one is i7. Or xenon. In autumn, we can expect to use i9.

If you can take a kernel panic pic, upload here.

EDIT

i will find cputype. Maybe has big chance that has i9 info on 10.13

All USB ports seem to be working according to about this mac.

I did use voodooTSCSync modified with 19 (CPU threads minus 1). I don't know if it's necessary though, I just did it :P

Old habit from the xeons and X99.

The sensors crashed it - had to open fake smc and delete them.

I unticked everything in acpi, disabled all the patches there as well, disabled all apple HDA and airport patches but left 5960 pike kernel patches active.

Changed to mac 14,2 and used the patches at the beginning of this thread. - fake cpuid 0x0506E4

Now I have to go through and test all the things I disabled one by one I guess.

I7 problem, apple not release i9 processor mac series. At least best one is i7. Or xenon. In autumn, we can expect to use i9.

If you can take a kernel panic pic, upload here.

EDIT

i will find cputype. Maybe has big chance that has i9 info on 10.13

Hi Sherlocks,

How do I find out if the i9 is being supported?

Attached is a snapshot in Sierra which seems to recognise it?

post-1564334-0-87625100-1501990759_thumb.png

Its no problem. What is your cpu info on system identifier?

3.31 GHz unknown.

As you say, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the general function of it. Cinebench recognises it correctly also and gives an appropriate score (similar to windows).

3.31 GHz unknown.

As you say, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the general function of it. Cinebench recognises it correctly also and gives an appropriate score (similar to windows).

Not sure. Try 0x0805 cpu type on cpu part in config.plist.

Then tell me.

Not sure. Try 0x0805 cpu type on cpu part in config.plist.

Then tell me.

0x0805 didn't work - got a hang on +++++

There is something new before the clover screen. 

post-1564334-0-59233200-1501994107_thumb.jpg

post-1564334-0-48784700-1501994721_thumb.png

0x0805 didn't work - got a hang on +++++

There is something new before the clover screen. Sorry it's so blurry, it lasts for a split second. I'll try to do better next time.

attachicon.gif20170806_162927.jpg

Sorry. It is just test. You have to use 0x0705 to avoid unknown processor. But you have i7. We will wait new imac pro series on fall 2017.

Thank you for testing

EDIT

i7 0x0705

Xeon 0x0A02

• Like 1

Sorry. It is just test. You have to use 0x0705 to avoid unknown processor. But you have i7. We will wait new imac pro series on fall 2017.

Thank you for testing

EDIT

i7 0x0705

Xeon 0x0A02

I can wait. It's working well and I want to focus on either getting X299 to work on 10.13 or getting the vega kexts to work on Sierra, so my rig will all work together.

Thanks for the help!

I can wait. It's working well and I want to focus on either getting X299 to work on 10.13 or getting the vega kexts to work on Sierra, so my rig will all work together.

Thanks for the help!

I tried high sierra because I also have a Vega. I can get it to boot but it was so slow and laggy it was unbearable. There was somerhing horrible wrong. The installer did not have that problem. X299 + i9 is very buggy it seems.

• Like 1

I tried high sierra because I also have a Vega. I can get it to boot but it was so slow and laggy it was unbearable. There was somerhing horrible wrong. The installer did not have that problem. X299 + i9 is very buggy it seems.

ok thanks for that.

My i9 and X299 is running like a dream on Sierra with the 390x. Only the HWSensors are no good yet.

You have the vega with X299? And if so, could you possibly download your clover? Maybe I have some kexts or patches that are no good for HS.

ok thanks for that.

My i9 and X299 is running like a dream on Sierra with the 390x. Only the HWSensors are no good yet.

You have the vega with X299? And if so, could you possibly download your clover? Maybe I have some kexts or patches that are no good for HS.

Yes the frontier edition. I already reinstalled windows on the drive (It also only booted correctly from my nvme). My efi was also a mess though. I think you have the same patches. I'll wait until high sierra is released or if somehow the vega drivers could be loaded in sierra, but I don't think that's gonna work.

I'm stuck at this screen. If anybody can offer a little bit of guidance, please. I'm thinking of putting a guide together for X299 users.

Here's a quick outline of my system:

• i7-7800X Water Cooled
  • ASUS X299 Prime-A MB
  • NVidia GTX 1070 and/or Radeon R9-280X (tried with each one and got stuck in the same place)
  • 32 GB DDR4 G.Skills Ripjaws 3200MHZ
  • 850W Power Supply

I tried each and every one of the tips given in this thread to no avail.

post-1064113-0-67289300-1502053826_thumb.jpg

I'm stuck at this screen. If anybody can offer a little bit of guidance, please. I'm thinking of putting a guide together for X299 users.

Here's a quick outline of my system:

• i7-7800X Water Cooled
  • ASUS X299 Prime-A MB
  • NVidia GTX 1070 and/or Radeon R9-280X (tried with each one and got stuck in the same place)
  • 32 GB DDR4 G.Skills Ripjaws 3200MHZ
  • 850W Power Supply

I tried each and every one of the tips given in this thread to no avail.

IONvmeFamily kext gave me a kp. I had to take it out.

Also plugins in fakeSMC needed to go.

I got this clover that works on High Sierra now but not Sierra. You can make a few changes around your motherboard (if necessary) and your GPU and give it a go.

CLOVER.zip