HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

Gils, because you have a running system, it is easy to export the ACPI tables using Mac OS X. either use DrwinDumper.app and set the checkmark under "ACPI Tables" or start MacIASL.app then go up to FILE => (and click) "Export Tableset" then the entire Tableset is exported, from which you can then create all the single tables. Then you insert these files into the folder: CLOVER/ACPI/patched and test it with clover. Then we will then known whether it will boot or not. here is your patched dsdt from your package.

Gils.zip

Yes, I read in other forums that some users have enormous bios problems with regard to the new x370 chip / mainboards. Presumably the adaptation phase is not yet completed. :(

Edit:

If you have all data files exported then upload this here ... I think that these files are very interesting for developers, which exclusively work with dsdt programming.

It may take some time, maybe it does not have to be complicated?

ryzen aml.zip.    Hi Spakk, here's my Windows DSDT.

I have R7 265 (R9 270x, HD 7XXX) and TP link N900 wifi on this one.

attachicon.gifryzen aml.zip.    Hi Spakk, here's my Windows DSDT.

I have R7 265 (R9 270x, HD 7XXX) and TP link N900 wifi on this one.

your dsdt were no errors found as well as those from gils, various patches were inserted and some warnings removed

GIGAMAXX.zip

• Like 1

Gils, because you have a running system, it is easy to export the ACPI tables using Mac OS X. either use DrwinDumper.app and set the checkmark under "ACPI Tables" or start MacIASL.app then go up to FILE => (and click) "Export Tableset" then the entire Tableset is exported, from which you can then create all the single tables. Then you insert these files into the folder: CLOVER/ACPI/patched and test it with clover. Then we will then known whether it will boot or not. here is your patched dsdt from your package.

:)

thanks Spakk but no works ;) 

• Like 1

Clover 3650/Mavericks new boot error, it's not red panic.

attachicon.gifIMG_2688.JPG

Boot0: doneen  => to the devil what does that mean?... i could'nt find anything.... hmm.. or is this only a typo mistake into clover and should mean "done"? this is just a guess :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Im trying to install the ryzen kernel that Bronya created. I disabled system integrity protection and tried to copy the files over in /System/Library/Extensions,/System/Library/Frameworks and /System/Library/Kernels. During the copying I recevied a lot of errors and after that i tried to shutdown the virtual machine, it could not shut down. Keep in mind that im trying to apply the kernel while on a intel CPU, because the virtual machine cannot be started on my Ryzen CPU. Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Hello,

Im trying to install the ryzen kernel that Bronya created. I disabled system integrity protection and tried to copy the files over in /System/Library/Extensions,/System/Library/Frameworks and /System/Library/Kernels. During the copying I recevied a lot of errors and after that i tried to shutdown the virtual machine, it could not shut down. Keep in mind that im trying to apply the kernel while on a intel CPU, because the virtual machine cannot be started on my Ryzen CPU. Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Create a USB Installer for Mavericks, Yosemite or for El Capitan

Install the current Enoch bootloader

Add the files that Bronya has uploaded

Then start the system with the appropriate drivers for your hardware as well as matching bootargs, if you have any questions turn to Bronya or Gils !!!!

Hello,

Are you installing on a seperate disk or the same disk as virtual machine? Ideally, you would make a seperate copy (2 disks, one for Ryzen only and one for vm) of El Capitan, or Mavericks instal on a fresh disk. Then do the fixes and use that on Ryzen setup.

I am not installing the OS, I have a working virtual machine with OSX sierra, that worked with my intel CPU, but I switched to ryzen yesterday and I would like to use the same virtual machine. Can I swap the kernel files while the OS is running?

Would someone be able to write a guide on how to create a Sierra USB boot? I've only ever used Intel Hackintosh in the past and just used a vm to create an install.

I'm totally lost trying to create a Sierra Ryzen hackintosh :(.

Any help or links to guides would be greatly appreciated.

Use this

I have that app, do i use transmac or what to get the OS X files onto the drive?

Sorry - i am a total noob when it comes to making it from windows. I've always had a VM that i have made it from on my old intel pc

I am getting stuck at "PCI Configuration Begin" 

Now the fun begins!

Here is a screenshot where i am stuck at:

http://imgur.com/a/eHeie

Board: ASUS X370 Prime

Tried booting with: Dart=0 ncpi=0x2000 -v nv_disable=1 PCIROOTUID=1 

My keyboard and mouse instantly turn off once it hits pci config begin and goes no further.

Any help would be appreciated!

try with bootarg npci=0x2000 or npci=0x0x3000

boot with: -v -f npci=0x3000 KernelBooter_kexts=Yes

Edit:

What graphic card are you using? If you have an AMD Radeon or ATI graphic card, then remove nv_disable=1 !!

by the bootflag npci=0x3000 will prevented that the system stops at "PCI Configuration beginn"

You have to write the hardware specs in your signature..otherwise we can not help

Mainboard:

CPU:

Graphics card:

Using -v -f npci=0x3000 KernelBooter_kexts=Yes nv_disable=1 

That got me past PCI Config hang, however, i believe i have an issue with my kernel. 

http://imgur.com/a/8yMBo

Hi @all. I wasn't able to run El Capitan with my Rizen setup + X370 Prime, so i switched to Sierra.

Here's what i've done :

- Created install partition on a SSD using terminal :

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install/ --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app

Then installed Enoch 2877 on this volume

Downloaded Bronya's files : boot_rc2_ryzen & kernel_rc2_ryzen

Downloaded Sparkk's files containing those files

http://imgur.com/a/QlKVm

Questions :

- Where to put boot_rc2 content ? i moved it to usr/standalone/i386 & copied "boot" at root

- Same for kernel_rc2 : copied to System/Library

And then what kexts are needed in /Extra to boot with Asus X370 Prime ?

with this setup i get there :

http://imgur.com/a/ywTE6

Thanks for your help !