[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.4

ricola

201 posts in this topic

Thank you MaLd0n but my system with different plist hangs here without any KP

Yap, I tried with the plist of MaLd0n and it does not work on mine either. Tonight I'm going to revert to 12.3 again. At least I have NV support ^_^

​But has anyone noticed what happened with this 12.4 beta 5? Is there any solution to work around the problem?

• Like 1

Look at the "AppleACPICPU". May consider removing your CpuPm SSDT temporarily and check if it works... (This is about to prevent X86PlatformPlugin from loading.)

EDIT: No. Not worked.

Fergarth
According some infos by pikeralpha on github
Problem could be due with incorrect frequency vector using hwp
So you can try different system frequency definition
For you it could work because you have same CPU of MaLd0n

I don't think so. If HWP is unsupported then you should encounter a reboot at last (Actually while X86* is loading.) instead of hanging.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 2

Look at the "AppleACPICPU". May consider removing your CpuPm SSDT temporarily and check if it works... (This is about to prevent X86PlatformPlugin from loading.)

I don't think so. If HWP is unsupported then you should encounter a reboot at last (Actually while X86* is loading.) instead of hanging.

check hwpenable in config.plist to enable cpu power management with clover 4035. right?

I don't think GTX 1080 will even work - at least for now...

And for your video, I can almost see nothing! (I'm nearsighted with 6.5 diopters and unfortunately can't see much without the glasses.)

Nonetheless I glimpsed that FakeSMC was not loading, and something wrong with IOPCIFamily. (*"Can't xxx (Cannot see it clearly) IOPCIFamily"* in your -v log.)

IDK what's changed in NV related. You may add nv_disable=1 as a boot argument to use VESA drivers / disable driver for graphics temporarily for more investigations if you'd like to. But IMHO it should make no difference.

• Like 1

Could you please confirm whether FakeSMC loads?

nv_disable=1 is in my config i know no driver for now and who knows for the future
And it is working in previous verison of osx
If could be useful tomorrow i will do a better video
I will try also to limit number of cores...

Yes it loads

I have also the display of all 44 cores/threads

The strange things is that i have not a kp

Systems hangs..i stay here for some minutes but only some disk led flashing and no progress at all

And also, is there some thing wrong with IOPCIFamily? Like I said.

(*"Can't xxx (Cannot see it clearly) IOPCIFamily"* in your -v log.)
  • Like 1

I can boot in beta 5 with Asus X99 Deluxe2 fabiosun. The problem must be in your configuration. Im attaching my efi folder so you can compare. Obvious changes you should do are:

-pike's SSDT

-maybe SSDT-XHC

-remove kexts if you installed them in /S/L/E or /L/E (only modified kext I have is X86PlatformPlugin.kext with pike's freqvector.sh -> iMac17,1)

-config-plist:

-CPU kernel patches?

-NVME patches ?

-add your SMBIOS info

Some BIOS settings maybe too... (for example for usb I use XHC enabled, XHC handoff enabled, EHC handoff disabled)

Hope it helps

EFI-deluxe2.zip

• Like 2

Hello friends,
I got tired of testing the 12.4 beta 5 boot and reverted to 12.3

Everything went back to normal, regardless of using only two xcpm patches. I also have the advantage of having NV support.

Regarding the sound, I took advantage of having AppleHDA vanilla and I started to use PMheart's suggestion and it seems to work fine, but I still have to test if the sound works well after sleep without codeccommander.kext.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313296-guide-mac-osx-1012-with-x99-broadwell-e-family-and-haswell-e-family/?p=2371527

But what you say can make sense! It might have something to do with FakeSMC or even UEFI Bios settings. What makes me confused was that in 12.4 beta 5 I was able to boot once and then I could not get anymore! :(

• Like 2

@danif

Reboot system produce a kp and system does not restart anymore after manual reset ( it reboots before login screen)

Your patched new and some patches are completely new for me as acpi renaming part ie

Tomorrow i will try to understand

Thank you again

DSDT patches are mainly renaming devices into Apple names. Some other are tests that i´m doing. And one is renaming XHC-RHUB so that I can inject a new one from SSDT. I don`t think your problem is here. But if you want you can delete patches 0 to 10 and 29 to 30.

I would try changing cpu kernel patches to the ones that you were using in 10.12.3.

yes

my old efi with BOOTX64.efi and CLOVERX64.efi taken from danif efi and all starts fine as always :-(

I had not changed clover because when I find a working solution I limit all changement..

ps

no frequency vector injected by now

Congrats! Glad to hear that. IDK why, but the most possibility is InjectKexts not working with the older version of Clover. (Yes. The patches for 10.12.4 have been changed.) Anyway I don't care. Just since you've resolved it!  :D

I prefer to install all kexts into /L/E, because everything can go to kernelcache, which is more like real Macs. Too many folks thought that they didn't let the kexts appear in /S/L/E or /L/E and chose to leave them outside the kernel cache, are simply wrong. And keep you own mind in this aspect.  :wink_anim:

About FrequencyVectors. It may not affect your performance score. XCPM instead. But I suggest you inject one. (e.g. iMac17,1)

Whoops. It's somewhat late and tomorrow I shall still go to school... And farewell.  :lol:

• Like 1

Hi Mattew82

After many test I have understood

In my rig with 10.12.4 beta I have to use a newer BOOTX64.efi

Congratulations Fabio.

I also did this test by installing the Clover r4012 and the last r4035, but unfortunately in mine it did not solve anything. I always had auto reboot on the same place before login ... and so I reverted back to 12.3.

So I'm not totally convinced that (at least in my system) it was any problems with the Clover or the xcpm Patchs. In my case it was like this:

12.3 to 12.4 beta All perfect.

12.4 beta 2, beta 3 and beta 4 All perfect.

12.4 beta 5 Nightmare ?

But I will backup my 12.3 to not have as much work as I have now to install Office and other Apps and then upgrade directly to 12.4 beta 5 to see how it behaves ?