[GUIDE] Dell XPS 15 (9550) Mojave 10.14 / 10.15 Quick Installation

Krim404

1,806 posts in this topic

What changes other than obvious SMBIOS settings like serial and board ID did you make to get the MBPro 13,3 definition to work? I couldn't get it to run more than two minutes without a KP just testing out the default definition. I really need to get a working laptop system definition because the iMac definition won't let me control the screen auto-dimming or give me access to advanced battery settings.

Thanks

I generated a dummy config.plist out of Clover Configurator and stripped the SMBIOS section from it, but here's the rundown:

<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>11/30/16</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MBP133.88Z.0226.B08.1611301700</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<string>08</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacBook Pro</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacBookPro13,3</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>SmUUID</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
</key>

Did you make sure to update FakeSMBIOS's Info.plist to reflect MBP13,3?

I generated a dummy config.plist out of Clover Configurator and stripped the SMBIOS section from it, but here's the rundown:

<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>11/30/16</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MBP133.88Z.0226.B08.1611301700</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<string>08</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacBook Pro</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>SmUUID</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
</key>
Did you make sure to update FakeSMBIOS's Info.plist to reflect MBP13,3?
I can't use MacBookPro13,3 . I keep getting reboots. Did you change your FakeSMBIOS info.plist on 3 places to MacBookPro13,3?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can't use MacBookPro13,3 . I keep getting reboots. Did you change your FakeSMBIOS info.plist on 3 places to MacBookPro13,3?

I used darkhandz's config and clover files instead of wmchris. The only thing I changed was SMBIOS to MacBookPro13,1. The OSX boot without any issues and the system is much faster including smooth playback of 4k videos, no issues with bluetooth trackpad anymore and CPU doesn't throttle in Logic Pro X. The only problem is non-working Thunderbolt 3 port.

I used darkhandz's config and clover files instead of wmchris. The only thing I changed was SMBIOS to MacBookPro13,1. The OSX boot without any issues and the system is much faster including smooth playback of 4k videos, no issues with bluetooth trackpad anymore and CPU doesn't throttle in Logic Pro X. The only problem is non-working Thunderbolt 3 port.

Oh so you didn't use clover Configurator to create a new Smbios?

to the people with EFI partition corruption: please disable/delete EmuVariable (EF/CLOVER/drivers64uefi), delete the RC scripts on your mac installation (like 80.save_nvram_plist.local) used for emuvariable and tell me if this fixes the issue.

Oh so you didn't use clover Configurator to create a new Smbios?

Yes, I did. It was the only thing I had to do before bootup. I chose MacBook 13,1, then I generated serial numbers and SMUUID.

Yes. Here's the IOKitPersonality key:

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Platform SMBIOS Match</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>org.syscl.FakeSMBIOS</string>
			<key>FakeProperties</key>
			<dict>
				<key>compatible</key>
				<key>model</key>
				<key>product-name</key>
			</dict>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>FakeSMBIOS</string>
			<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPlatformExpertDevice</string>
			<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
			<string>SMBIOS</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>

On a different note -- has anyone else had some strange behavior with the SSDT/CodecCommander pair? I've had many boots where the audio device isn't recognized at all, others where everything works, and others still where the internal speakers work fine, but the headphone output is distorted.

While I have had these hit-or-miss boots since the beginning, this new issue with the headphone jack has me stumped.

Yes. Here's the IOKitPersonality key:

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Platform SMBIOS Match</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>org.syscl.FakeSMBIOS</string>
			<key>FakeProperties</key>
			<dict>
				<key>compatible</key>
				<key>model</key>
				<key>product-name</key>
			</dict>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPlatformExpertDevice</string>
			<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
			<string>SMBIOS</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
On a different note -- has anyone else had some strange behavior with the SSDT/CodecCommander pair? I've had many boots where the audio device isn't recognized at all, others where everything works, and others still where the internal speakers work fine, but the headphone output is distorted.

While I have had these hit-or-miss boots since the beginning, this new issue with the headphone jack has me stumped.

I do. Sometimes, even when a reboot the audio won't work. Also audio still have distortion while playing.

So I've spent last evening and already two hours tonight trying to get my Mac to properly boot from the internal NVMe SSD again - but it seems that something keeps the proper created kext from loading. 

The spoof is present, the AML file for it, no IONVME patch in config.plist...etc etc. I just don't know. Probably something stupid.

I attached my CLOVER file and an exemplary screenshot of what I assume is the error. 

I tried many different things, as you might see from the differing versions of my config.plists 

@rehabman: Could you please check my Clover folder for the potential error?

post-14795-0-62788200-1485891665_thumb.jpg

CLOVER.zip

So I've spent last evening and already two hours tonight trying to get my Mac to properly boot from the internal NVMe SSD again - but it seems that something keeps the proper created kext from loading. 

The spoof is present, the AML file for it, no IONVME patch in config.plist...etc etc. I just don't know. Probably something stupid.

I attached my CLOVER file and an exemplary screenshot of what I assume is the error. 

I tried many different things, as you might see from the differing versions of my config.plists 

@rehabman: Could you please check my Clover folder for the potential error?

because i doubt you've put littlesnitch in clover (and all the other kexts ;-)) i assume your FS is mounted and readable. Pretty sure you've some other corruption and/or missing local patches after a recovery. can you boot using the original installation stick or with faked ig id?

I just tried to update the hacknvme to the latest 12.3. I got a kernel panic. Boot from USB and went back to hacknvme 12.2 now my system doesn't boot anymore neither does the USB. I think I got a data corruption.

Does it boot from the USB install stick? Can you show screenshots of the -v output until the boot fails?

I just tried to update the hacknvme to the latest 12.3. I got a kernel panic. Boot from USB and went back to hacknvme 12.2 now my system doesn't boot anymore neither does the USB. I think I got a data corruption.

please dont always talk about data corruption if this is not 100% prooven. You just spread fear where it's not required. I'm pretty sure you created a wrong hacknvme and now it has resulted in a deadlock vs the original nvme driver. Can be fixed quite easily, just remove the wrong kexts and refresh the kext cache.

To everyone else: you can use the 10.12.2 hackr nvme driver without any hassle on 10.12.3 or later! There is no need to redo it. You only have to redo it if the system doesnt boot anymore after an OS update. Never happened so far.

• Like 2

please dont always talk about data corruption if this is not 100% prooven. You just spread fear where it's not required. I'm pretty sure you created a wrong hacknvme and now it has resulted in a deadlock vs the original nvme driver. Can be fixed quite easily, just remove the wrong kexts.

Well you are right. I am assuming. But I went back to my system using my USB install. Removed the hacknvme 12.3 and replace with the previous one 12.2( the one I had before) I rebooted the system won't boot anymore. Neither does the USB stick anymore. That was the only change I did. But I will make sure and give an update soon.

Well you are right. I am assuming. But I went back to my system using my USB install. Removed the hacknvme 12.3 and replace with the previous one 12.2( the one I had before) I rebooted the system won't boot anymore. Neither does the USB stick anymore. That was the only change I did. But I will make sure and give an update soon.

clear the kext cache. pretty sure you forgot that. Such a system is unbootable, because it's faulty on itself. If you really had a data corruption you wouldnt see the boot partition anymore at all.

clear the kext cache. pretty sure you forgot that. Such a system is unbootable, because it's faulty on itself. If you really had a data corruption you wouldnt see the boot partition anymore at all.

Okay because I used kext wizard to install the hacknvme. Anyways I will try that. Thank yoy

I can confirm that the hackrnvme created for 10.12.2 works fine after installation of 10.12.4 public beta 1 without changing anything. Use time machine or other backup software before changing something.

I have got different problem right now. I bought Dell WD15 USB-C Dock with 180-Watt Adapter which is working fine, expect from that when I plug mouse/keyboard in the usb slots it's not recognized by OS and I can't use it, external drives are initialized and mounted in OS without any hassle. Same happens with VGA and DisplayPort outputs, plug in the monitors into them results in black screen, on the other hand HDMI works. Is this problem related to hackintosh or general MacOS compatibility issue?

because i doubt you've put littlesnitch in clover (and all the other kexts ;-)) i assume your FS is mounted and readable. Pretty sure you've some other corruption and/or missing local patches after a recovery. can you boot using the original installation stick or with faked ig id?

Now I'm getting worried.

I threw the Clover install on my SSD overboard, reinstalled Clover, used your post-install config.plist and SSDT hotpatch AMLs, edited in my SMBIOS into the config.plist, added a spoofed HackNVMeFamily 10.12.3 kext aaaaaaaaand: Same problem. Nearly same screenshots when booting.

post-14795-0-41383300-1485897849_thumb.jpg

post-14795-0-66571100-1485897864_thumb.jpg

Try to use my EFI folder form installation USB drive with hotpatches & iMac17,1 SMBIOS. I've checked it on my laptop and it is booting fine, or you can compare and figure out what you my missing at yours clover EFI folders.

Thanks, is this configured for install or post-install? Because my Install stick with all hotpatches works just fine - including piker's NVMe patches in the config.plist. It's only when moving to the post-install stage I don't get anywhere

EDIT: Stupid question, sorry for asking

Previous post contains files for installation. This post has attached the post-install EFI folder. I hope that will help you discover what is wrong with your files.

Yes!

My pride maybe hurt, but you sir, your saved the day.

This folder boots like no problem. All I have to do now is to find out what was wrong (maybe) and edit in my SMBIOS serial. Thank you kindly :)

• Like 1

I can confirm that the hackrnvme created for 10.12.2 works fine after installation of 10.12.4 public beta 1 without changing anything. Use time machine or other backup software before changing something.

I have got different problem right now. I bought Dell WD15 USB-C Dock with 180-Watt Adapter which is working fine, expect from that when I plug mouse/keyboard in the usb slots it's not recognized by OS and I can't use it, external drives are initialized and mounted in OS without any hassle. Same happens with VGA and DisplayPort outputs, plug in the monitors into them results in black screen, on the other hand HDMI works. Is this problem related to hackintosh or general MacOS compatibility issue?

someone in the old thread on tonys had the same dock and the same problems. i know from myself that the dell USB-C DP => VGA adaptors work fine if you're using a notebook smbios like mbp13 or mb9,1. does the keyboard work if you boot with this device attached (aka is it only a hotplug problem)? can you check if this dock really uses the displayport for its VGA output and does not contain an usb gpu?

oh and another question: does the xps15 charge thru usb-c?

• Like 1