[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have succesfully installed high sierra latest 10.13.3 in my with the clover zip attached, so thanks a lot... Once installed, where are the kexts (if any) that i have to inject? or screen configurations? Or is everything "just working"? (I suspect this is not the case).

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: My Notebook is 2016 notebook air 13 with A07 bios

Edited by nachopavon

post-2077932-0-10433200-1518100971_thumb.jpg

Hell is nested inside my Mobee...

When previously i successfully installed SIERRA thanx to Claude Tech's 2.0 folder, i removed the NVMe disk containing Windows so my Crucial SATA SSD  275 GO becomes disk 0...

Of course i was fearing the Mac Installer could overwrite my Windows disk...

Sakoula should i open again the laptop and remove the Windows disk?

Hi all, I have succesfully installed high sierra latest 10.13.3 in my with the clover zip attached, so thanks a lot... Once installed, where are the kexts (if any) that i have to inject? or screen configurations? Or is everything "just working"? (I suspect this is not the case).

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: My Notebook is 2016 notebook air 13 with A07 bios

Hello nachopavon,

how did you upgrade your BIOS to A07 on your 2016 notebook Air 13?

Why ClaudesTech said USE ONLY THESE 5 files in drivers64UEFI:

apfs.efi

FSinject-64.efi

HFSPlus.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

in Sakoula's folder all files installed from CLOVER are present?

Sorry to bother but i want to understand what's not working...

Urashimataro please don't forget to provide your detailed installation process

Why ClaudesTech said USE ONLY THESE 5 files in drivers64UEFI:

apfs.efi

FSinject-64.efi

HFSPlus.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

in Sakoula's folder all files installed from CLOVER are present?

Sorry to bother but i want to understand what's not working...

Urashimataro please don't forget to provide your detailed installation process

@bergui45, how long did you wait in the attached screen prior rebooting the laptop? I suggest to wait for a couple for 4-5 minutes on that screen to be sure that it was stuck.

keep the drivers64UEFI as it is in my zip file.

You do not need to to unplug the NVME drive.

sakoula

post-2077932-0-34751200-1518172168_thumb.jpg

hello Sakoula,

Thanx for your support!

Since in all my previous unsuccessful attempts, sometimes i stayed STUCK for more than one hour, now i press the Power BTN to exit HELL, without WAITING anymore, but this brutal exit commits some directory errors on the SATA disk...

attachicon.giflatest crashlog.jpg

hello Sakoula,

Thanx for your support!

Since in all my previous unsuccessful attempts, sometimes i stayed STUCK for more than one hour, now i press the Power BTN to exit HELL, without WAITING anymore, but this brutal exit commits some directory errors on the SATA disk...

@bergui45 this screenshot is a different one than the one you posted a couple of posts before.

I assume you edited the drivers64UEFI directory and removed the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is that correct? 

Also do not use the files from ClaudesTech zip 

because there is a chance that they will not be compatible with the clover version that you have used.

sakoula

YES i tried some mods but unfortunately with no success...

So i re tried with your unmodified .zip and it sounds to progress farther in the process but finally it stucks also with:

Service exited with abnormal code:1

Service only ran for 0 seconds Pushing respawnout by 10 seconds.

Then one full hour later it was still stuck at the same point so no alternative solution than pushing PWR BTN until STOP...

Holy sh...

YES i tried some mods but unfortunately with no success...

So i re tried with your unmodified .zip and it sounds to progress farther in the process but finally it stucks also with:

Service exited with abnormal code:1

Service only ran for 0 seconds Pushing respawnout by 10 seconds.

Then one full hour later it was still stuck at the same point so no alternative solution than pushing PWR BTN until STOP...

Holy sh...

Can you please take a screenshot of the error.

BTW can you boot on the recovery partition on your 10.12 installation? Is it still available?

sakoula

you said that you had 10.12 installed. what happened and you that made 10.12 unbootable?

also when you get on the clover boot menu how many items do you see and what is it written underneath them? Are you sure you are booting from the USB stick or do you boot from the disk which has the old 10.12 installation?

When i used the HS installer from the 10.12 running on the Xiaomi it went un bootable...?

So i format the Sata disk in order to reinstall HS from the USB stick.

I have a Time Machine sauvegarde on another SSD but i do not have Time machine on the USB stick installer...

YES i'm sure i was booting from the USB installer

On the Clover boot menu i have 2 choices install HS or Boot Windows...

Unfortunately no Recover partition...

Really the sh... hits the fan

There is now about more than 6 weeks i'm struggling to have HS instead of the previous Sierra installed.

Thanx to some nice people from insanely.mac i received some helpful tips but unfortunately nothing worked yet.
My  2016 laptop had A05 Bios; i found an auto executable file on the MIUI forum that successfully updated the Bios to A06

The error message i received is
AE_Already_exists
AMFILoadTrustedKeys from NVRAM failed getting NVRAM
Did not found a usable Mac address for entity ID

Service exited with abnormal code :1
Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawnout by 10 seconds.

When i hit F2 to enter the BIOS to disable Secure boot i had to create a SUPER USER code since before when trying to boot from the USB HS installer i got the Security flag with No way to install...

I guess my issue is the HS installer needs to have full access to the BIOS so i have to remove the SuperUser code needed to have access to disable the Security mode ON by default...
Thanx for an accurate help

post-2077932-0-65557600-1518350115_thumb.jpg

post-2077932-0-66120200-1518348931_thumb.jpg

The answer is NO!

I  have removed the superuser password in the BIOS

There is still the same error

ACPI error

did not find a usable Mac address for Entity ID

I have read on Tonymac that AptiomemoryFix.efi instead of OSXAptioFix.efi may allow native NVRAM to work on platform where it typically does not...?

Also: DVMT-prealloc on Skylake /Kabylake:

The Skylake graphic kexts provided by Apple require DVMT-prealloc to be set at 64 mb!

But many laptops set it by defaults to 32 mb which is not large enough and will cause KP (kernel panic)

I did not find where to check wether in BIOS or in Clover if DVMT-prealloc is correctly set to 64 mb?

Rehabman from tonymac answered:

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

It's far beyond my capabilities of understanding what the mess i'm suffering to get a KP when trying to install HS

Sakoula i'm waiting for you to find the culprit on my {censored}stem...

@bergui45,

You are attaching screenshots with different errors. I am not sure what exactly you are doing. To help you need to be very clear and accurate on what exactly you tried and what was the result. Let's start from the beginning:

1. On the premade USB stick you need to install the latest clover by selecting the following options:

```
Install for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
Drivers64UEFI > EmuVariableUefi-64
Drivers64UEFI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
Drivers64UEFI > OsxFatBinaryDrv-64
Install RC scripts on target volume
```

2. get the latest zip I posted on the thread and on the EFI partition remove the installed CLOVER directory and substitite it with the CLOVER from the zip file.

3. boot from the USB stick use the FAKE id as described in the first post. Post photos of the output (make sure the photo is clear).

4. zip the contents of the EFI partition you are using on the USB stick and post it on this thread.

It is either that something you are doing is wrong, or there is something wrong with your laptop and you need to report it to RehabMan with the procedures he mentions on the thread.

sakoula

EFI.zip

Thanx a lot sakoula:

this morning i did exactly what you said EXCEPT that i Boot without Fake ID.

OK i will retry with Fake ID

in Misc there is a log file

after chassis type:0x9

ERROR invalid custom UUID

should be  in the format xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx.....?

Result of Bootcode detection: bootable unknown (legacy)

So my config.plist is a great piece of {censored} 

Bernard

Bergui45, I will explain now, but let me first explain something to you. It seems to me that you don’t understand the nature of what is happening here. Every single word that is addressed to you, every single file shared is a gift for which you should be grateful.

Insulting sakoula’s work after he shared his work with you and dedicated so much time to you even when it is manifest that there is some problem either with what you do or your computer was rude and unwise. Here are my ten cents.

I seriously doubt anything I say may be useful because you practically already have a copy of my EFI folder. No magic in my files.

All I did was to take the original folder posted, make an exact copy finding the files here and there while trying to understand what each did and then modify the config.plist following instructions. It took several tries but the final result worked not one but several times.

I still have not logged into iCloud (I don’t dare) and I cannot doubleboot (the computer sees only the Windows partition) so I have to use the usb stick.

I can post my folder, if you want, but as I said you practically already have it. I haven’t done anything other than what sakoula suggested And his folder worked as he said, with the problems he mentioned, right off the bat.

I hope Sakoula didn't send me a corrupted malware clover.zip...

Maybe things get corrupted when using Plist.editor pro and Efimounter...

Anyway i give up since its beyond my capabilities and mostly because every queries i made on this forum, they NEVER been clearly answered but ALWAYS with other propositions.

This PING PONG party has been played for about 6 weeks with no improvement so it's enough for me.

OK I want to send my sincere apologizes to sakoula for being a bit rude with him.

Please have some empathy for me since i'm struggling with that mess for to long.

Things were so easy on Sierra installation...

Probably Apple the devil is inside my MBPro 15" and corrupts everything when editing config.plist with pist edit pro...