[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Alright, how about serial number part? How to access EFI partition after unplug/replug?

EDIT: Ok i got my working boot drive & tried to patch for nvme, since i got no M2 drive.

After many tries, i ended up with the kext for my version HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext

Put in 10.12 directory, added the aml file to patched folder + edited plist. Yet installer won't see my drive..?

EDIT2: Got it. My Sierra VM is 10.2; I need someone to create & upload the kext from a 10.12.3 install. Please :)

UPDATE: Found the kext in that archive https://github.com/xinyuwufei/X1Yoga-Hackintosh testing now... STILL NOT :(

Claude, could you provide links for older filepack (v05, v06..)? I need that to go on. Thanks :)

Alright, sorry about that :) Could you explain (even though i got it you don't support NVMe) what kevin meant in below quote? That'd let me go ahead with the install.

"In the newer updates they've (OP) made the _DSM acpi method remain intact, this causes our NVMe inhibitor to not work. By using a simple rename to XDSM clover patch, it should work again."

Battery life it's a little better than on windows, about the gestures, it was written before, some works like three fingers swipes, others don't like pinch to zoom or rotate.

Sounds great! Should have it soon.. I see wifi's soldered sadly,

Is there a way to get "location services to work with realtek usb wifi?

Bluetooth works if using a VM to inject the FW

What does this mean exactly? Thanks for the replies :)

Yes sad thing the soldered wifi-bt... but we don't have any option... so...

No way yet to enable find my Mac or use any location service, those needs real wifi but usb drivers emulates a ethernet device so, no luck.

About bluetooth, that seems pretty clear, but to explain better, these BT cards needs a firmware to be injected by the OS at boot and after sleep...

We don't have an injector for our device that run on macOS, I don't have the necessary coding skill to do it and those who already done many injectors, don't wanna write one for a card without WiFi support, sadly.

The only workaround is running a VM with the required Driver/injector, I use ubuntu on VMWare that I keep frozen booted on the desktop, then I wake it, plug the usb bt from the usb menu on VMware, wait a couple of seconds, then after virtually unplugging it from the menu and closing VMWare, it'll work even on macOS, until a sleep or a reboot.

I know this is not a nice solution, but it's the only one we have to make bt working a least.

Has someone tried putting a WLAN card like the BCM94352Z into the WWAN slot and using the antennas from the soldered card? I'm on the edge of buying this laptop but no internal Wifi and Bluetooth is a total no-go for me...

Also, try using this kext for multitouch gestures: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

And is the sleep issue already fixed? I think it will be fixed with this DSDT patch from RehabMan: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/usb/usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt

Has someone tried putting a WLAN card like the BCM94352Z into the WWAN slot and using the cables from the soldered card? I'm on the edge of buying this laptop but no internal Wifi and Bluetooth is a total no-go for me...

Also, try using this kext for multitouch gestures: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

And is the sleep issue already fixed? I think it will be fixed with this DSDT patch from RehabMan: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/usb/usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt

There are none for that socket due to the missing USB section used for bluetooth.

You must be crazy to try to replace the soldered card....

But maybe who got the skills to do it could probably replace it with a compatible one, but my knowledge is 0 when it comes to the kind of connections this card is using, I've personally never seen anything like this before...

About the driver for "multi touch" there isn't any driver providing true support for it on ps2 devices like ours, all they do is emulating keyboard shortcuts, so no pinch to zoom or rotate... Even with the driver you mentioned.

With the provided VoodooPs2 driver found in the pack you can assign three finger gestures to whatever you like via keyboard shortcut's panel...!

And there is a fix on the DSDT that makes brightness keys work, that's going to be broken if using any other ps2 driver different from the provided one.

About the sleep issue...

No that patch is a no no, I've managed a way to sleep without killing usb using the lid, but using not a full sleep and that drains the battery faster, but probably I'm going to use this solution on the next file package...

You must be crazy to try to replace the soldered card....

But maybe who got the skills to do it could probably replace it with a compatible one, but my knowledge is 0 when it comes to the kind of connections this card is using, I've personally never seen anything like this before...

You could actually wire a usb port to an internally placed usbhub and solder a usb wifi card on top of that. There is room for it, I've measured it. But it's a lot of work for a relatively inelegant solution.

There is a guy who did something similar on youtube for the cube i7.

• Like 1

Mhhh

The fact is that this kind of cards are really good... Yes not compatible with macOS, but are AC with BT4.0 and works like a charm with windows and linux...

Probably a design choice to keep the slim form factor!

Btw...

We are really talking about a no issue, we have 3 USB ports, keeping one busy with a small adapter not bigger than a nail, isn't a real problem!

I would be happier to have full Optimus support for macOS, that would be game changer!

• Like 1

I'm really wondering why they soldered the WLAN... such a shame, such a waste of potential buyers

It's actually not a bad thing. It allows for much smaller cards. The issue is that they didn't care for making it hackintosh compatible.

Edit: ninja'd :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually not a bad thing. It allows for much smaller cards. The issue is that they didn't care for making it hackintosh compatible.

Edit: ninja'd :P

yes but like you said, there is room for a desoldered one :(

Mhhh

The fact is that this kind of cards are really good... Yes not compatible with macOS, but are AC with BT4.0 and works like a charm with windows and linux...

Probably a design choice to keep the slim form factor!

Btw...

We are really talking about a no issue, we have 3 USB ports, keeping one busy with a small adapter not bigger than a nail, isn't a real problem!

I would be happier to have full Optimus support for macOS, that would be game changer!

Isn't USB wifi slower etc? Which one are u using?

if you use a AC usb wifi, with a AC router, the speed will be the same...

the sad thing is that the only nano sized usb AC I've found don't works with older N frequencies and so they are pretty useless...

I realise now that install is done that my disk is MBR, not GPT.. I installed clover to MBR but at boot I end up on that grey screen. Is that impossible to have macOS boot MBR on this Xiaomi?

e5319875a8ccf5eda50e2506c8b7f948.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3s

I realise now that install is done that my disk is MBR, not GPT.. I installed clover to MBR but at boot I end up on that grey screen. Is that impossible to have macOS boot MBR on this Xiaomi?

e5319875a8ccf5eda50e2506c8b7f948.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3s

Gotta use GUID.

• Like 1