Post Installation - NEW JaS 10.4.8 Release.

asapreta

62 posts in this topic

yes, I've checked the demon files but there isn't a new one released. But there are a lot of people still seeding the old release.

Whatever, I wait until JaS release the new dvd to the main public.

Guys and gals, you all doing a fantastic job. Once again, thank you very much!

Installed jas 10.4.8 on a intel 915 and everything works now but no sound. Noticed there is no 915 Kext in this version, tried adding it with pacifist, rebooted, still no luck and not loading it at all. Tried to add the ac97 kext by itself, still no sound.

Any ideas?

Installed the upgrade on my JaS 10.4.7 everything went smoothly and it does not appear to have the "Slow Down" issue that many are reporting.

I however did find out one thing, I installed the SSE2 version on another SSE3 mobo and it did show a very significant amount of speed reduction even in the interface. When I attempted to patch it back with the SSE3 version, it was of no use.

However, when i reinstalled with JaS 10.4.7 and then patch it directly with the SSE3 version of 10.4.8, the speed reduction was no more. I evaluated the speed differences using Xbench, dropped by 10 to 20 marks when I patched it wrongly. Furthermore, when it was patched wrongly, network and ical won't work. After redoing it, everything works like a charm.

Perhaps, some of us are patching the wrong version over which causes errors.

you guys are lucky just installed again but this time used the disk util from 10.4.6 to partition etc the install went ok after reboot chain0 does not work says chain boot error or something like that in windows loaded partition magic annd guess what just a blank hd again no partitions eh whats going on anybody know thanks

Same here.

Had a triple boot osx -1043, winxp, osx-1044 sda1 ,2 an 3. With the Darwin boot loader F8 option. Did a re-install of sda1 with 10.4.4 over 10.4.3 a week ago and lost boot loader. Then did a new release 1048 install over sda1 and can't boot.

Can boot winxp with Berry Linux from cd as it has command line grub. But not OSX. Can boot new 1048 from install DVD from F8 option.

Checked that sda1 is bootable flag in linux fdisk. Choosing startup disk in osx 1048 only shows 1044 install but won't boot it anymore.

Good night Irene.

Asrock 915 box.

Actually what I had in my 1st HDD was Windows XP Media Centre 2005

- Installed Partition Magic, made a 10 gb Partition for Ubuntu ( Fav Linux of mine)

- Ubuntu did the grub thingy and I had Duo boot for Windows and Ubuntu

Went back to Windows, ran partition magic, resized my Windows Partition Smaller, left the unallocated space alone.

- went to DOS via Start->Run->CMD

- Did DISKPART, selected my 1st HDD, created a Partition with Primary flag and type=AF

Rebooted with JaS 10.4.7 ISO Repack,

- Ran the Disk Utility -> Selected the partition I created, formatted it

Installed OSX86 into it.

Rebooted again..

Went to Ubuntu, modified menu.lst to load root(NOT ROOTVERIFY) from my 1st HDD partion 3 with something like Root (1,3) followed by CHAINLOADER +1

Rebooted once again,

VOILA! Triple boot! :D

I like this method, easy for me to mod the menu.list anytime to add other partitions of any other OS or another OSX86 partition for testing drivers and {censored}.. safe way to do some testing :whistle:

you guys are lucky just installed again but this time used the disk util from 10.4.6 to partition etc the install went ok after reboot chain0 does not work says chain boot error or something like that in windows loaded partition magic annd guess what just a blank hd again no partitions eh whats going on anybody know thanks

Same here.

Had a triple boot osx -1043, winxp, osx-1044 sda1 ,2 an 3. With the Darwin boot loader F8 option. Did a re-install of sda1 with 10.4.4 over 10.4.3 a week ago and lost boot loader. Then did a new release 1048 install over sda1 and can't boot.

Can boot winxp with Berry Linux from cd as it has command line grub. But not OSX. Can boot new 1048 from install DVD from F8 option.

Checked that sda1 is bootable flag in linux fdisk. Choosing startup disk in osx 1048 only shows 1044 install but won't boot it anymore.

Good night Irene.

Asrock 915 box.

Same here.

Good night Irene.

Asrock 915 box.

if its showing 10.4.4 then you didnt select the proper pkgs when installing.

JaS, I think its getting confusing with all the versions which have been released and what people have.

Do you think it would help to have a version number for your releases?

Something like 10.4.8.1 or ??

Thanks for all the hard work!!!

hello,

Hope, this ead someone, who can help me.

Got the Aopen i945GTm-VhL Board with CoreDuo 1.66 and GMA950, (Sound ALC882),

After install with the new Release, i got only a white Screen..

HDD LED is working, so my HDD and the whole System, but only a white Screen.

Reboot did not working too.

Shut Down works.

Can anyone explain me, what happens?

How can i resolve that?

Have tried with both kernels (10.4.8) several different packages, GMA950 or not, loginwidow.app or not... usb or not... but no success.

Rene ( btw. i had NO Problems using the 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 (after applying restart-changes in kernel.))

Am I the only one who's network doesn't work? Both the corrupted and new install DVD will not connect to my Linksys WRT54GS router (via a wire). Even with manual settings, I get no internet and through safari I cannot even connect to the routers setup page.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe.

EDIT: Oh and it looks like Aperture crashes on launch.

Am I the only one who's network doesn't work? Both the corrupted and new install DVD will not connect to my Linksys WRT54GS router (via a wire). Even with manual settings, I get no internet and through safari I cannot even connect to the routers setup page.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe.

It seems Asus is having issues with the new kernel and networking,and usb for some users,this is not a mix-matched isntall anymore,maybe a new HCL is need for true 10.4.8 installs ?

hp pavilion zd8000

p4 3ghz ht

915chipset

ati radeon x600 pcie (m24)

installed ok sound etc but when it comes to the welcome part with revolving x i can see this fine but afterwards the display is garbled top and bottom and i cant see whats next

i used the x600 mobilty patch during install.....any ideas guys

Well, I'm here to report a complete success :D

Hey JaS, you did it again , it seems. Thank you for your hard work! :P

And thanks to Mifki and Semthex, the kernel gurus, and to Patrijn, Pin Xue and Billy. Without your work my rig would not be as usable as it is right now.

Network, graphics and sound work nicely and now I have even graphics extensions, thanks to Omni and his Titan project.

I've yet to find a problem with my installation.

Good luck to everyone who may face problems with this upgrade, though. I hope these can be solved soon.

It seems Asus is having issues with the new kernel and networking,and usb for some users,this is not a mix-matched isntall anymore,maybe a new HCL is need for true 10.4.8 installs ?

Im on jas 10.4.8 (semthex kernel ) ( 1st dvd )

And i dont have any network issues my motherboard is asus p5ld2-vm dh

my router is a trust 350Br broadband router and my modem is a linksys ADSL2MUE

With my Asus P5W DH deluxe I had to configure the DNS of my provider in network manual and voila- everything is o.k. with JaS 10.4.8 -1. release. JaS -thanx a lot for your hard work.

Coolio

I'll try that out, I didn't try because I couldn't even get to my router's setup page in that install so I had no access to the DNS information. But I'll try in my working install to get it setup so that my MAC address has a static ip and write down all the DNS stuff I will need.

Next, to work on Aperture, has anyone else gotten Aperture working? Maybe I'll try downloading the demo one and hope that fixes all.

install went well. fix gma900 follow JaS instruction. fix my Atheros base wireless (Netgear WAG311) by restore IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5 and change en0 to en1 in NetworkConfiguration.plist. don't have About This Mac problem (select the fix in the installation). Never try to use onboard LAN, i think it's Yukon. other than that everything works.

i'm using mifki kernel.

if i want to try semthex's kernel, all i need to do is install it from thr DVD and reboot right?

i have clock problem, it's slow and i only update to the current time when i open Date & Time.

if it is FSB problem how am i soppose to know which fsb i need to put in boot option?

i have celeron D 533MHz fsb, i tried one time with fsb=533 but then it's very slow. any suggestion will help

Guest bikedude880
i have clock problem, it's slow and i only update to the current time when i open Date & Time.

if it is FSB problem how am i soppose to know which fsb i need to put in boot option?

i have celeron D 533MHz fsb, i tried one time with fsb=533 but then it's very slow. any suggestion will help

Try

fsb=133

It might work better...