[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

Thanks Maldon this one works ,

I have a question my rx560 goes out to my 4k tv with hdmi 2 cable the only problem is that it puts out 30 hz and not 60 hz because of apple hdmi 1.4 limitation.

Is it possible to fool the os to think the hdmi port is a DP port so it can output 60HZ?

• Like 1

I have a question my rx560 goes out to my 4k tv with hdmi 2 cable the only problem is that it puts out 30 hz and not 60 hz because of apple hdmi 1.4 limitation.

Is it possible to fool the os to think the hdmi port is a DP port so it can output 60HZ?

idk, never use it

but i think here in forum u found infos about it

• Like 1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/330560-pre-release-macos-high-sierra-10133/?p=2566312"]http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/330560-pre-release-macos-high-sierra-10133/?p=2566312
  • Like 1

Thats what I thought , I'm trying to connect it to a 4k LG tv with hdmi2

But my system also works well on HDMI. The only problem is that in high resolution, HDMI only gives 30Hz and obviously, I prefer high resolution at 60Hz by DP.

But on my system it also works well on HDMI. The only problem is that in high resolution, HDMI only gives 30Hz and obviously, I prefer high resolution at 60Hz by DP.

Same here 4k works only on 30 HZ on the tv, I ordered an active DP-HDMI 2.0 cable- Club3d CAC 1080- lets see when it arrives if will work

i ll try it and report back thanks maldon

@ Maldon I tried with and without same results even made a fresh install , when the sound goes crackling and I change the output to hdmi the sound is good .only from the usb sound card is crackling I unplug the sound card and plug it back the sound gets back to normal  ,I can't figure out why is happening .

I will upload the efi and another ioreg maybe u can spot something

EFI.zip

adam’s Mac Pro.zip

• Like 1

@ Maldon I tried with and without same results even made a fresh install , when the sound goes crackling and I change the output to hdmi the sound is good .only from the usb sound card is crackling I unplug the sound card and plug it back the sound gets back to normal  ,I can't figure out why is happening .

I will upload the efi and another ioreg maybe u can spot something

check if problem is a usb

Test1.zip

what program u have a sound problem?