Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

No my signature is good

For my friend it's  X99-A II 6850K, Samsung 950Pro and 980 Ti OS 16B2555

ok, sorry... so, only difference that I have build 16B2657 and it use newer Nvidia driver, but I don't know if gfx drivers can do such thing. I must wait for Micky what he propose.

There is not need to patch driver... it is driver exactly for 16B2657 build - 367.15.10.15f03. Patching is for drivers which are for different build releases than yours build and you want NV drivers to be loaded.

Edit

It is not possible to boot on the samsung 950Pro

It boot (clover) on an SSD but the bone is on the Samsung950Pro

What you mean by this? It does not want boot system from it?

There is not need to patch driver... it is driver exactly for 16B2657 build - 367.15.10.15f03. Patching is for drivers which are for different build releases than yours build and you want NV drivers to be loaded.

What you mean by this? It does not want boot system from it?

I have never managed to boot on the Samsung 950Pro.

To boot, clover is on an SSD, then it launches MacOs which is on the Samsung

Apparently the Samsung is not supported since clover

Finally, I did not find how to

I have never managed to boot on the Samsung 950Pro.

To boot, clover is on an SSD, then it launches MacOs which is on the Samsung

Apparently the Samsung is not supported since clover

Finally, I did not find how to

Ok, so this is the main difference... im booting from NVMe and have macOS on it. With NVMeP 2.5 it booted ok, with NVeP 2.6 it doesn't boot -> reboot loop.

I installed the kext in S / L / E and in EFI / CLOVER / KEXTS / 10.12

I know I must be alone in SLE and not EFI 10.12

correct Michè ?

PS: I wait again you  :whistle:  :whistle:

I have very confused now..for patch the kext, the vanilla must stand on the desktop? And also NVMEp? I can do this also by some other OSX (Capitain or yose)

correct Michè ?

I have very confused now..for patch the kext, the vanilla must stand on the desktop? And also NVMEp? I can do this also by some other OSX (Capitain or yose)

I also do it for El Capitan

correct Michè ?

Carmine NVMeP is a command line, can be where you like. The same for the kext to be patched if you specify the path to it using the short option -k, otherwise it use /S/L/E/IONVMEFamily.kext as default.

The deployment target is set to 10.7, so you can run it on any OS since Lion, i.e you can patch IONVMEFamily.kext coming from newer ones.

Help: 

NVMeP -h

Yep, without the IOProbeScore key it works.

Can you make a test by set a lower value for it, e.g 100 instead of 5000?

Thanks

I see only project xcode on repo ...how do it to generate NVMeP ??????????

Photo shop sure cannot build it. Tried opening Xcode and press build?  

I set 500 and it works. It looks like on 5000 it conflicts with some another driver.

Thanks, can you test it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 now? This require to remove it from SLE... 

• Like 1

I would like to know who on this topic has the build 16b2657 ?

and if it is working well kext to patch NVMEp 2.6? Or KextBorg 

I believe that none of you has this build, I am completely convinced of what I am saying...

:poke:  :poke:

Hi, i have 16B2657 and kext generated by NVMeP 2.6 is working only when i change IOProbeScore key in the Info.plist to lower number, in my case to 500.

I try kext to patch from NVMeP 2.6 and it don't boot... i dont have time to do some debuging yet.

With kext to path i have some errors on boot related to IONVMEFamily.kext. I need to take picture of it, and send it to Micky.

Hi, i have 16B2657 and kext generated by NVMeP 2.6 is working only when i change IOProbeScore key in the Info.plist to lower number, in my case to 500.

I try kext to patch from NVMeP 2.6 and it don't boot... i dont have time to do some debuging yet.

With kext to path i have some errors on boot related to IONVMEFamily.kext. I need to take picture of it, and send it to Micky.

Ok..so there are many error....

Miky when have you time ?

Thanks, can you test it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 now? This require to remove it from SLE... 

Hi Micky, so i perform some tests. From EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 it won't work. When I boot from NVMe disk, it hangs. When I boot from normal AHCI disk, it boots,  but macOS don't see NVMe disk.

Ill attach some boot screens errors. I made those screenshots over two restarts... each restart it shows different errors.

post-1552436-0-89624700-1479125296_thumb.jpg

post-1552436-0-69335400-1479125313_thumb.jpg

Hi Micky, so i perform some tests. From EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 it won't work. When I boot from NVMe disk, it hangs. When I boot from normal AHCI disk, it boots, but macOS don't see NVMe disk.

Ill attach some boot screens errors. I made those screenshots over two restarts... each restart it shows different errors.

attachicon.gifNVMeP-2-6.jpg

attachicon.gifNVMeP-2-6-2.jpg

Off question: What is the model of your monitor? This borderless screen is so cool! ?