Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

this version worked for me with Samsung 950pro using -a option

NVMeP_2.4_beta2.zip

NVMeP -a worked!

NVMeP don´t work for me.

Ok thanks, later will update my repo with this new tiny patch for Sierra 10.12.1 +

aah! -a options leave the class code as is, i.e Apple way... not PC way

Just used the NVMeP_2.4_beta2.zip on my 950 pro with the -a option.

It is working but want to check if the method I used to install was correct. I added all the patches to my clover config and dropped the kext in my clover/kext/other. Everything booted fine I just wanted to verify that both were necessary?

Just used the NVMeP_2.4_beta2.zip on my 950 pro with the -a option.

It is working but want to check if the method I used to install was correct. I added all the patches to my clover config and dropped the kext in my clover/kext/other. Everything booted fine I just wanted to verify that both were necessary?

No ...or patch to kext or kext ( SLE)

Ok thanks, later will update my repo with this new tiny patch for Sierra 10.12.1 +

aah! -a options leave the class code as is, i.e Apple way... not PC way

Intel DC P3700 in a Thunderbolt 2 Box cannot work properly on 12.1.  

When 10.12.0, I use the hackr kext and it working perfect. 10.12.1 it doesn't work anymore. So, I using this patch. No matter I use NVMeP -a or not, the generated kext crash on boot every time.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Intel DC P3700 in a Thunderbolt 2 Box cannot work properly on 12.1.  

When 10.12.0, I use the hackr kext and it working perfect. 10.12.1 it doesn't work anymore. So, I using this patch. No matter I use NVMeP -a or not, the generated kext crash on boot every time.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Is in /S/L/E, hackr kext deleted, and the cache is rebuilted correctly?

B) i not see in your repo 2.4 beta 

Updated

Yep, I first remove the old hackr kext. Install the new kext. rebuild the cache with kextcache -invalidate / and then reboot

What to say, here works and I'm not alone..... but without any information about your kp I can't tell so mutch.... I'm not a magician ^_^   (a picture should be enough).

Hi,

Trying to get my USB installer to recognize my Intel 750 but the clover config.plist patch data locks up the USB installer boot process. I already have a successful hackr nvme kext on 12.0 and 12.1 working with out issue on the main installation but if i copy that to the USB EFI Clover kext folder and delete Ionvmefamily from the usb key and rebuild its caches with kext wizard (maybe i shouldnt do it that way ?) it KPs when i try to boot the USB key. Otherwise I can boot the usb key just fine with out it. Maybe I should try to run the patch script within a terminal window from inside the USB Sierra installer?

Thanks

Think it would be a good idea if the first post details the proper way to include the patched data into the config.plst file. Took me like eight hours to figure it out in that you need to add a 'KextsToPatch' key and wrap all of Pike's patch data in an 'array' key. Good thing the beta produces a config sample plist as before that was out for reference as it was confusing before that came out. Also how to convert the hex data device matching info from hex to text and back and forth using xcode or else your drive not be recognized. Spare the next guy a few hours..

Beta2, forgot to add the "16B2555" build string to the MatchBuild key for Clover

attachicon.gifNVMeP_2.4_beta2.zip

I need to know if work also for you. But be aware that can break your filesystem (of the nvme disk) if something goes wrong. so do that only if you have a backup. If is a "secondary disk" and is empty go ahead, it's safe.

There is a new build version of 16B2657.  Will Beta 2 version work for this build?

I am trying to use Plextor m8pe but without success. I tried changing pci vendor ids with rehabman's hackr kext with no luck. Tried also NVMeP both in 10.12.0 and 10.12.1 again nothing. Will try with -a but I don't think it will work. Any ideas. Can someone help?

Thanks

I am trying to use Plextor m8pe but without success. I tried changing pci vendor ids with rehabman's hackr kext with no luck. Tried also NVMeP both in 10.12.0 and 10.12.1 again nothing. Will try with -a but I don't think it will work. Any ideas. Can someone help?

Thanks

One, try also -a

The bootlog should be intresting. But, I don't know if you use an adapter or is reported as working... also I don't know where you had put this patched kext.. ...

Anyway, KextsToPatch should work (configSample.plist) ... and I'm curious to know if this way work.

The bootlog should be intresting. But, I don't know if you use an adapter or is reported as working... also I don't know where you had put this patched kext.. ...

Anyway, KextsToPatch should work (configSample.plist) ... and I'm curious to know if this way work.

It is installed in m.2, no adapter. Asus Z170M-PLUS.Tried kextstopatch, again no luck. I also put devid 14A4 22F1 in kexts to patch, as from Rehabman's patches.

I attached bootleg and config.list.

Thank you in advance for looking into them.

bootlog.rtf

config.plist.zip

Hi, I'm trying to install OS X Sierra on existing hardware, save for a new M.2 drive. I followed post #8 and managed to detect and install Sierra onto the nvme drive. However I am not able to boot into the newly installed Sierra. When I boot into the USB and reach the Clover bootloader, I only have the option to boot Mac OSX from USB.

Motherboard: Intel DZ87KLT-75k

CPU: i7-4770k

Expansion Card: Asus Hyper M.2 x4 Mini (the motherboard does not have onboard m.2 slot)
Drive: Intel 600p 256GB

So far I have booted from USB and used the terminal to mount both EFI partition from USB and Sierra and copy the files from the USB to Sierra EFI partition. Still no luck.

Hi, I'm trying to install OS X Sierra on existing hardware, save for a new M.2 drive. I followed post #8 and managed to detect and install Sierra onto the nvme drive. However I am not able to boot into the newly installed Sierra. When I boot into the USB and reach the Clover bootloader, I only have the option to boot Mac OSX from USB.

Motherboard: Intel DZ87KLT-75k

CPU: i7-4770k

Expansion Card: Asus Hyper M.2 x4 Mini (the motherboard does not have onboard m.2 slot)Drive: Intel 600p 256GB

So far I have booted from USB and used the terminal to mount both EFI partition from USB and Sierra and copy the files from the USB to Sierra EFI partition. Still no luck.

I guess your bios cannot boot from nvme. Check if there is an update enabling nvme (pci express) boot.