Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE 07/21/2017)

nvidia web driver updates macOS Sierra

• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts
  • Interests:HacksLikeMacs

MacPro6,1

What ur hardware?

post ur config.plist

jordanqkoch

jordanqkoch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

What ur hardware?

post ur config.plist

Mobo: Z97X-Gaming 7

GPU: Asus Strix 1080

Config.plist - https://arxius.io/f/6c0d9190

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Mobo: Z97X-Gaming 7

GPU: Asus Strix 1080

test it

Attached File  config.plist.zip   2.8KB   52 downloads

btw, the best for u is iMac14,2

jordanqkoch

jordanqkoch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

test it

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

btw, the best for u is iMac14,2

I originally had a iMac14,2 but was switching around to see if that helped.

Unfortunately the config.plist you posted doesn't help :/

Still get a blank screen, and only 1 of my 3 monitors. 

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

read about pascal and multi monitors ;)

Good Luck

jordanqkoch

jordanqkoch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

read about pascal and multi monitors ;)

Good Luck

So you're saying I should go back to my GTX760? :P

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

No, but the driver is not 100%, long way :P

scj312

scj312

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

I originally had a iMac14,2 but was switching around to see if that helped.

Unfortunately the config.plist you posted doesn't help :/

Still get a blank screen, and only 1 of my 3 monitors. 

I fixed this using injection on my 1080, like so: http://www.insanelym...scal/?p=2411729

jordanqkoch

jordanqkoch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I fixed this using injection on my 1080, like so: http://www.insanelym...scal/?p=2411729

Holy {censored} dude, you've done it.

Went from a blank screen on 1 monitor to 3 fully working monitors now.

Thanks! :)

joechiazza

joechiazza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Has anyone gotten GTX780 in sierra 10.12.4 on an x79....I have tried everything but the drivers just aren't loading!

xelanaiznac

xelanaiznac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

hi guys. strange problem here. I had this issue even with my old build, z170 + 6700k + 980 ti (with Sierra Mac OS)

now I am on z270, 7700k, gtx 1080 and obviously Sierra.

I have a 4k monitor connected to display port and a epson projector connected to hdmi port. as soon as I turn on the projector, I have a black screen in both "monitors" and I have to reset my hack.

the only way to have both monitor and projector working is this:

-first turn on projector

-then turn on hackintosh

when I have black screen I tried to unplug and re plug display port and hdmi cable, but this is not working.

in other threads I remember that a possible fix was to enable csm in bios. I tried it but it didn't help.

is someone here who can help me?

thank you

I'm using iMac 17,1 smbios with lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup.

same situation using iMac 14,2

solution, in my case, found.

i have to turn on my projector with cable pulled off from my hack. when the projector is on, I can plug it into my hdmi port and everything is working.

if I turn on projector with cable connected, I have black screen to both my monitor and my projector.

hope it helps.

dellala

dellala

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Issues with underscan when trying to run at my monitor's native resolution of: 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz, via displayport. Screen is underscaled, running with black borders.

System:

Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7

Intel Core i7 i7700K

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti Xtreme

I had previously had a working build by installing the latest NVIDIA web drivers, and the 3440x1440 and 100hz options showed up, and worked, filling my screen properly. I remember late last night hooking up my 1080p/60z projector via HDMI and trying out some dual-screen options, which were working great. At one point, I accidentally hit "overscan", and since then, that option has disappeared, and I'm running with underscan (black borders).

What I've tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA Web Drivers (via the pref pane, uninstall option).

- Deleting the com.apple.coregraphics.plst file and then uninstalling/re-installing NVIDIA Web Drivers

- Installing pixel clock patch, and then uninstalling that

- Installing CUDA, then uninstalling CUDA

- All of the above in various combinations.

No matter what I try, the best I can get my screen is either a crappy lower resolution, but at least it is properly scaled (no black bars) OR I can get 3440x1440 but only at 60hz, and with underscaling (Black borders).

Any ideas?

dellala

dellala

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Issues with underscan when trying to run at my monitor's native resolution of: 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz, via displayport. Screen is underscaled, running with black borders.

System:

Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7

Intel Core i7 i7700K

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti Xtreme

I had previously had a working build by installing the latest NVIDIA web drivers, and the 3440x1440 and 100hz options showed up, and worked, filling my screen properly. I remember late last night hooking up my 1080p/60z projector via HDMI and trying out some dual-screen options, which were working great. At one point, I accidentally hit "overscan", and since then, that option has disappeared, and I'm running with underscan (black borders).

What I've tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA Web Drivers (via the pref pane, uninstall option).

- Deleting the com.apple.coregraphics.plst file and then uninstalling/re-installing NVIDIA Web Drivers

- Installing pixel clock patch, and then uninstalling that

- Installing CUDA, then uninstalling CUDA

- All of the above in various combinations.

No matter what I try, the best I can get my screen is either a crappy lower resolution, but at least it is properly scaled (no black bars) OR I can get 3440x1440 but only at 60hz, and with underscaling (Black borders).

Any ideas?

FWIW, I used patch-edid.rb which solved the underscan/black border issue. Although there are a few remaining issues:

- My refresh rate locked at 60hz, and the box is greyed out, so I don't know how to get it back to 100hz (my monitor's native refresh rate).

- I have to enable nvda-drv=1, otherwise I don't have the option of 3440x1440 (my monitor's native resolution), but I thought this was supposed to be disabled for NVIDIA web drivers to work (with pascal cards)?

- My screen is a tiny bit tinted, like night shift or flux has been enabled a little bit. The only way I can see colors properly is if I enable Night Shift, move the slider a bit, then disable it. Having to do this every single time I boot up is not good.

Any ideas?

scj312

scj312

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

FWIW, I used patch-edid.rb which solved the underscan/black border issue. Although there are a few remaining issues:

- My refresh rate locked at 60hz, and the box is greyed out, so I don't know how to get it back to 100hz (my monitor's native refresh rate).

- I have to enable nvda-drv=1, otherwise I don't have the option of 3440x1440 (my monitor's native resolution), but I thought this was supposed to be disabled for NVIDIA web drivers to work (with pascal cards)?

- My screen is a tiny bit tinted, like night shift or flux has been enabled a little bit. The only way I can see colors properly is if I enable Night Shift, move the slider a bit, then disable it. Having to do this every single time I boot up is not good.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem and I havent messed around with my EDID. Still looking for the solution but it looks to be related to NVIDIA because the same monitor connected to a Radeon Mac does not have the same behavior.

zzgus

zzgus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H | Intel i7 4790K | Gigabyte GTX 750 ti OC

Every time I restart I have the NVIDIA driver selected but under system info it shows the IGP HD4600 of the processor.

I have to select OS X Default Graphics Driver, restart, and select NVIDIA Web Driver.

ERROR_zpsc5tpoega.jpg

I have my monitor attached to the GTX 750ti and selected in bios this graphic card not the IGP.
When I start the computer I can see the bios, apple logo starting since one point where my screen gets black, only the screen, there's no hang up as I connect to this computer through splashtop and all is working as expected.

Any way to solve this?

Thankyou
Gus

EDIT

I did this I read somewhere and for the moment it's solved, I haven't had any more black screen since yesterday and I have reboot a lot of times to test it.

1. Open your Clover config.plist
2. Go to the SMBIOS section
3. Replace the Board-ID field with ONE of these (Doesn't matter what your actual SMBIOS is; I'm using an iMac 12,2 SMBIOS with an iMac 14,2 board-id as pictured below):

(Try this first) iMac 14,2: Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
iMac 13,2: Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4
Mac Pro 4,1: Mac-F221BEC8
Mac Pro 6,1: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

try Check in Boot(nvda_drv=1) and System Parameters(Nvidia Web)

sl0wtarget

sl0wtarget

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

10.12.5 final was released by Apple barely five minutes ago so of course I'm expecting an update within ten minutes! lol :yes:

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,535 posts

New Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.15f01 for 10.12.5 (build 16F73) is out.

Please, check the OP

BR

fantomas1

ellaosx

ellaosx

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

that was fast :D

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

thx for Link!Attached File  ninja.png   878bytes   33 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, macOS, Sierra

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy