Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 01/20/2017)

nvidia web driver updates el capitan 10.11

• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

VultUx

VultUx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

SIP disabled ?

No, I'm using OZMOSIS don't need to disable SIP.

I will try to repair permissions from Recover, probably is that.

Thank you!

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Thank you!

If you want to modify anything in System folder, you have to disable SIP, no matter what you're using !

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 4,798 posts

Thank you, but no. :(

I had a lot of ERROR and after reboot with NVDA_DRV=1 reboot again.

ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/Sandbox.kext/Contents/MacOS/Sandbox
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/SMARTLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/SMARTLib
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext/Contents/MacOS/smbfs
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/SMCMotionSensor.kext/Contents/MacOS/SMCMotionSensor
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext/BSDKernel
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/IOKit
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext/Libkern
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext/MACFramework
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Mach
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext/Private
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext/Unsupported
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/TMSafetyNet.kext/Contents/Helpers/bypass
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/TMSafetyNet.kext/Contents/MacOS/TMSafetyNet
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/triggers.kext/Contents/MacOS/triggers
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/udf.kext/Contents/MacOS/udf
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/vecLib.kext/Contents/MacOS/vecLib
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/webcontentfilter.kext/Contents/MacOS/webcontentfilter
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/MacOS/webdav_fs
ERROR repairing Permission for file:/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/Resources/webdavfs_agent
Access time for /System/Library/Extensions updated successfully!
Access time for /Library/Extensions updated successfully!
Repair Process completed with errors!

Now we understad why.

Set CsrActiveConfig= 3 in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (if you are using Enoch) or in RtVariables --> CsrActiveConfig= 0x03 in the config.plist in case of Clover. Reboot and retry ;)

Thank you!

Sorry I was writing.. Using Ozmosis you can boot the Recovery HD and disable SIP from there, otherwise you can't repair nothing if System Integrity protection is enabled, and Disk Utility no longer have that option

VultUx

VultUx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Now we understad why.
Set CsrActiveConfig= 3 in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (if you are using Enoch) or in RtVariables --> CsrActiveConfig= 0x03 in the config.plist in case of Clover. Reboot and retry ;)

Sorry I was writing.. Using Ozmosis you can boot the Recovery HD and disable SIP from there, otherwise you can't repair nothing if System Integrity protection is enabled, and Disk Utility no longer have that option

Thank you @polyzargone and @Micky1979 now worked! ;)

But I had to do a few steps.

1. reboot in Recovery Mode
  2. disable SIP (csrutil disable)
  3. reboot to EL Capitan because in recovery mode I didn't have SUDO to run ./InsanelyRepairPermission
  4. In El Capitan sudo ./InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /
  5. reboot to Recory Mode
  6. reenable SIP (csrutil enable) and reboot again to El Capitan
  7. in El Capitan reeanable Nvidia in Ozmosis (nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="nvda_drv=1")
  8. reboot for the last time.

Thank you guys!

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

But I had to do a few steps.

3. reboot to EL Capitan because in recovery mode I didn't have SUDO to run ./InsanelyRepairPermission

You don't need to use sudo when you're in the Recovery HD. You are already logged as root ;). Just run this :

./InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /

6. reenable SIP (csrutil enable) and reboot again to El Capitan

Or leave it as disabled forever :). I know one could consider this is a major security break but it's a Hackintosh after all and we all used kext-dev-mode=1 in Yosemite so… Just to say.

I mean, having SIP constantly enabled is that important ?

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 4,798 posts

mean, having SIP constantly enabled is that important ?

IMHO yes. Consider the OS became vulnerably like Windows w/o antivirus.

Enoch and Clover can manipulate csr values with their configuration plist(s) but a value grater than 1 or at least 3 (ie file system protection + load of untrusted kexts) are not recommended.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

@Micky

Not the right topic to discuss on the matter but that's an interesting debate though ;).

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 4,798 posts

About security agreed, but SIP "became to be - is" the key to run patched kexts like NVDAStartup in this case :P

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Enoch and Clover can manipulate csr values with their configuration plist(s) but a value grater than 1 or at least 3 (ie file system protection + load of untrusted kexts) are not recommended.

Agreed !

When I talked about disabling SIP forever, I was actually thinking of using 1 or 3 too :P.

I'm not sure anything greater than that is useful for most users.

VultUx

VultUx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

You don't need to use sudo when you're in the Recovery HD. You are already logged as root ;). Just run this :

./InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /

I tried this way but doesn't worked, give me a lot of error msgs like I'm not running with sudo.

And now from time to time lost video configuration and I need to do all the steps again to reenable, very weird. I hope Nvidia release a update driver soon.

levifig

levifig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

So, I installed the latest driver before upgrading to 10.11.4. Tried patching NVDAStartupWeb and no luck. Uninstalled driver, installed with Pacifist and manually patched it… still nothing! Tried rebooting with no caches to no avail…

:(

Andres ZeroCross

Andres ZeroCross

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh

So, I installed the latest driver before upgrading to 10.11.4. Tried patching NVDAStartupWeb and no luck. Uninstalled driver, installed with Pacifist and manually patched it… still nothing! Tried rebooting with no caches to no avail…

:(

Need more details about "no luck/still nothing" and your SMBios too.

levifig

levifig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Need more details about "no luck/still nothing" and your SMBios too.

Not really sure what else to tell you. I was using MacPro6,1 in 10.11.3. I re-ran the AGDPfix (after the update, after restarting with nv_disable=1). I've reinstalled the drivers with Pacifist. I've manually patched NVDAStartupWeb's Info.plist to allow 15E and I've used "NVIDIA WebDriver Updater" utility as well. I've changed the SMBIOS to MacPro5,1 and tried reinstalling the drivers, etc, with no luck. Here's my boot.log: https://gist.github....b61794dff28ce98

FWIW, I have 2 graphics cards. My primary one (BIOS doesn't let me pick so it's the one in PCIe 16x #1) is a Radeon HD4850. My main card is on the 3rd slot and is a GTX970. I was running OS X just fine in 10.11.3: the Radeon wasn't accelerated and created a screen I didn't use (1 monitor, 2 inputs, one from each card). This problem seems to be unrelated with my setup, especially considering it worked in 10.11.3, but I thought it'd be better to share this bit!

Thank you for any help! :)

UPDATE: Not exactly sure how but it's working now. I know I changed my SMBIOS back to MacPro6,1, re-ran AGDPfix, re-ran Pacifist to install the drivers, re-patched the drivers, rebooted, hung before login screen, rebooted this time without caches and… voila: it's working! No idea what I did different… I guess I just retraced my steps and did something I could've missed the last time around. I'll keep this post here for posterity… ;)

Andres ZeroCross

Andres ZeroCross

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh

Not really sure what else to tell you. I was using MacPro6,1 in 10.11.3. I re-ran the AGDPfix (after the update, after restarting with nv_disable=1). I've reinstalled the drivers with Pacifist. I've manually patched NVDAStartupWeb's Info.plist to allow 15E and I've used "NVIDIA WebDriver Updater" utility as well. I've changed the SMBIOS to MacPro5,1 and tried reinstalling the drivers, etc, with no luck. Here's my boot.log: https://gist.github....b61794dff28ce98

FWIW, I have 2 graphics cards. My primary one (BIOS doesn't let me pick so it's the one in PCIe 16x #1) is a Radeon HD4850. My main card is on the 3rd slot and is a GTX970. I was running OS X just fine in 10.11.3: the Radeon wasn't accelerated and created a screen I didn't use (1 monitor, 2 inputs, one from each card). This problem seems to be unrelated with my setup, especially considering it worked in 10.11.3, but I thought it'd be better to share this bit!

Thank you for any help! :)

UPDATE: Not exactly sure how but it's working now. I know I changed my SMBIOS back to MacPro6,1, re-ran AGDPfix, re-ran Pacifist to install the drivers, re-patched the drivers, rebooted, hung before login screen, rebooted this time without caches and… voila: it's working! No idea what I did different… I guess I just retraced my steps and did something I could've missed the last time around. I'll keep this post here for posterity… ;)

It's about permission or kextcache problem. Re-Run InsanelyMac Permission Tool should fix the problem. :)

GreenMonstah83

GreenMonstah83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you again Micky for creating this:

http://www.insanelym...pairpermission/

I was stuck in boot loop hell for the longest time after downloading the latest nVidia drivers and tried many things that didn't seem to work, but this script fixed it for me.  Updating my version of Citrix Receiver also had me in a boot loop earlier this week, but running this script again in Safe Mode fixed that for me also.

I bow down to you!  If anyone else is in a similar situation, I'd highly recommend this.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,297 posts

New WebDriver - 346.03.06b01 for build 15E is out!

createthis

createthis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Great! I see that it's targeted toward the new OSX version. Is there a changelog?

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,297 posts

Is there a changelog?

unfortunately only for the final releases

rhcp011235

rhcp011235

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Very cool. Anyone know if they working better than the current 10.11 ones? I am wondering if they will fix Final Cut Pro X crashes!

createthis

createthis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

unfortunately only for the final releases

Is there a Bug submissions system where I can submit issues?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, el capitan, 10.11

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy