331 posts in this topic

Sorry for my late reply, I had to go to bed, cause I had to work early today. I've tried to run Pikers script on my companion to generate the SSDT.aml. Unfortunately needs version 15.8 (the current beta) an internet connection. I've bought an EDIMAX EW-7811UN wifi dongle, but it seems it needs a bit more work than installing the drivers to make it work on the Companion. The last version of Pikers script which doesn't need an internet connection is 15.0, but this version seems to be to old to know this hardware. This is what it outputs:

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v15.0 Copyright (c) 2013-2016 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5557U CPU @ 3.10GHz'

Error: Unknown processor model ...
Aborting ...
Done.

Sorry for my late reply, I had to go to bed, cause I had to work early today. I've tried to run Pikers script on my companion to generate the SSDT.aml. Unfortunately needs version 15.8 (the current beta) an internet connection. I've bought an EDIMAX EW-7811UN wifi dongle, but it seems it needs a bit more work than installing the drivers to make it work on the Companion. The last version of Pikers script which doesn't need an internet connection is 15.0, but this version seems to be to old to know this hardware. This is what it outputs:

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v15.0 Copyright (c) 2013-2016 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5557U CPU @ 3.10GHz'

Error: Unknown processor model ...
Aborting ...
Done.

Version now is 21.1 so I don't know where that 15.8 comes from, mate. Check it.

I bought this years ago and it worked well in my Companion, but I think any OSX compatible WiFi USB dongle should work. If it says is compatible, only installing driver should be enough. Maybe your problem is USB related.

You could try to connect using bluetooth and a phone or another computer sharing connection and try. Intel bluetooth is recognized and works if you install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcFirmwareRepo.kext in S/L/E.

You can always buy a BCM94352Z and you'll have WiFi and bluetooth recognize as native.

Didn't know it requires an internet connection (I'm reading it now). Have you tried to download in another Mac, then copy/paste script in your hackintosh and run it? Maybe, could somebody else run the script specifying your CPU? I don't know how to do that, if not I would help here.

At the moment I can boot into Yosemite, but nothing really seems to work. I expected some change after installing the DSDT.aml and the SSDT-files, but if I understood everything I should try to generate the SSDT.aml first, am I right?

My next idea would be trying to install all necessary kexts hoping to make the WIFI work. Can I use "some kind of beast who cannot be named" for this?  

To be honest I still don't understand what is really important to make my graphics work for example. Do I need to try some other ig-platform-ids or something else in the config.plist? Has it something to do with the missing SSDT and DSDT files, I try to avoid at the moment or maybe something with some kexts? I tried to google it, but most of the time it's pretty hard to find some basic informations.

• Like 1

Don't forget to do changes in config.plist when ACPI files are added (DropOEM to YES and SetOrder).

I have no experience with any "beast", sorry mate, Clover, and patience to get all info you found well placed in your head is all you need, trust me. And is not related and will not help to make your USB dongle works.

Intel wifi will never work, you need to replace your internal card or use a compatible usb dongle.

Graphic needs proper ig-platform-id injected in Clover. I think what I put in that config.plist I sent you match your graphics. Any other things for Broadwell graphics might be needed. Google it or ask here in other forums.

Yes, you need to generate that SSDT to get power management for your CPU, but in the meantime you can use ACPI/SSDT/Generate=YES in config.plist to boot and do post-installation.

Intel wifi will never work, you need to replace your internal card or use a compatible usb dongle.

Oh of course not, I talked about the wifi-dongle

Graphic needs proper ig-platform-id injected in Clover. I think what I put in that config.plist I sent you match your graphics. Any other things for Broadwell graphics might be needed. Google it or ask here in other forums.

Unfortunately the ig-platform-id you used in the config.plist you send me (0x16260006) produces a pretty glitched image, while the ID I used in my config.plist (0x162B8086) seems to work, but the graphics doesn't seem to be fully recognized by the system, since it's terribly slow and this is what about this mac shows me.

yXVT43c.png

Now I finally tried to use MaciASL to compile the patched DSDT and SSDT files you uploaded, to see what they would fix. But if I open these dsl-files in MaciASL and click on compile I get these error-messages

mJ26KxY.png

So I thought maybe I have to make my own DSDT and SSDT files. I followed this tutorial

On my CC2 I pressed F4 in Clover to generate the files and copied the DSDT and SSDT-files from EFI -> CLOVER -> ACPI -> origin. Then I used iASL to convert them to dsl-files and opened DSDT.dsl in MaciASL. There I applied all the patches you mentioned (now I figured out how to apply these patches). But after choosing COMPILE I get the exact same syntax errors as with your files. First I thought it has something to do with the patches, but I get the same errors too with the original dsl-files created by Clover F4.

So I guess I'm doing something the wrong way, but I can't figure out what.

By the way I've attached the raw DSDT and SSDT files created by Clover F4. I don't know if someone can use them, but it won't hurt.

DSDTSSDT.zip

ig-platform-id I put in your config.plist I think I saw it in a Broadwell graphics (same as you), but as I said before, it might need others things done before being full recognized. DVMT-prealloc is important, you might need to boot with a proper DVMT Pre-Allocated in BIOS and a custom Clover patch to set your graphics with same DVMT-prealloc.

I might be wrong, different ig-platform-id can be used for the same graphic card. Right now, I'm struggling with that trying to get wake from sleep fully working and the issue is related to all this graphic stuff.

About DSDT/SSDT, you're doing it well, mate. DSDT only needs Fix ADBG Error first, so it compile with no erros.

SSDT-2 (a CPU SSDT related) needs this to be deleted:

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

Package (0x06)
        {
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000, 
            0x80000000
        }

I don't know why but this is printed out of _PSS method (I told about this before in this thread I think). Only removing this SSDT-7 compile with no erros.

Here you have your ACPI files. You need to start patching again but these comes with no errors, so if you find some you know you're doing something wrong.

• Like 2

First thank you for these files and again thank you sooo much for helping us with all this, we would been lost I guess.

Unfortunately I still seem to doing it wrong. I opened the DSDT.dsl in MaciASL and clicked on Compile, but get the same syntax errors then before. I used the [syn] Fix ADBG Error patch on this file, but nothing changed. I still can't compile it.

First thank you for these files and again thank you sooo much for helping us with all this, we would been lost I guess.

Unfortunately I still seem to doing it wrong. I opened the DSDT.dsl in MaciASL and clicked on Compile, but get the same syntax errors then before. I used the [syn] Fix ADBG Error patch on this file, but nothing changed. I still can't compile it.

I can compile what I've sent to you with no errors. You don't need to apply again "Fix ADBG Error" patch, I did it for you before sent. Just start with previous patches list I mentioned. 

Check if you have the latest version of MaciASL and latest of iasl installed.

For updating MacIASL with latest version of iasl:

Download iASL to your Downloads directory, type this in Terminal:

cd ~/Downloads
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-iasl.git iasl.git
cd iasl.git
make
sudo make install

Install MaciASL.app to your Applications directory and run this command in Terminal to update iASL:

sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61

In my guide there's a pack with useful apps (including an updated version of MacIASL with updated iasl)

Hi Schwarzgrau,

Is your config.plist set to inject Intel graphics? Cause you shouldn't be seeing that Intel Unknown 14 Mb issue: I was getting that using your base plist file, and it went away when I added the Inject Intel flag and used bertolin's ig-platform-id (I used Clover Configurator).

Also, I believe your DSDT, etc., files should be the same as mine, if we're on the same hardware. Why not try the ones Bertolin shared above, where he helped fix the compile errors? They ought to work for you just fine, I believe. At the very least, you could do a diff between his version and yours, and see exactly where they differ, which should help you figure out which sections to cut and which to keep.

• Like 1

Thank you bertolin. You're right I used a MaciASL version from 2014. I got no compiling errors with the current version, but still can't boot with the SSDTs in place.

Hi GrubLord,

Ya, I came to the same conclusion about the DSDT files. The weird thing is not matter which DSDT.aml and SSDT-x.aml I put into CLOVER > ACPI > patched it won't boot with them. If I remove them I'm always fine. 

I tried three different version, but had no luck with one of them. I guess I'm doing something wrong in the compiling part. Can you boot into OS X? If so could you send me your aml-files?

And ya, I guess I still inject intel graphics. This is how the Graphics section of my config.plist looks like.

<key>Graphics</key>
        <dict>
                <key>Inject</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>ATI</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>Intel</key>
                        <true/>
                        <key>NVidia</key>
                        <false/>
                </dict>
                <key>InjectEDID</key>
                <true/>
                <key>LoadVBios</key>
                <true/>
                <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
                <false/>
                <key>PatchVBios</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ig-platform-id</key>
                <string>0x162B8086</string>
        </dict>

Do I need to set Intel to false? And could you maybe send me your config.plist? I know it's meant to be for Sierra, but currently I'm pretty much desperate, since I'm constantly trying things for the last few days without any progress. The wifi-dongle isn't working, therefore I can't use Pikers script to generate a SSDT, the graphics won't get recognized and I don't understand why it won't accept any of the DSDT.aml I'm trying.

• Like 1

GrubLord & schwarzgrau: Don't use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist, use always PlistEdit Pro or Xcode. Clover Configurator seems to add unneeded data and corrupts your files. I just use it to mount EFI and generate SMBIOS.

schwarzgrau: I think GrubLors is giving you some clues. For example, his Graphics section in config.plist seems to work, so you might try to copy his values. File is in this thread a few pages back, search for it and download it.

You denitively don't need: LoadVBios, NvidiaSingle and PatchVBios. Remove these entries.

For what I can get from my head right now, just leave there ig-platform-id I put in GrubLord config.plist, Inject/Intel=YES and InjectEDID=YES.

IMPORTANT: It is a bad, bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. Even having same hardware, lightly differences can output very different ACPI files. That's why it's always recommended to extract yours and use them. I know a lot of people don't take this seriously and use ACPI from other people, and sometimes works, but that's not the way, believe me. 

I know this guide do that, provide patched ACPI files from mactabletman Companion 2. And I was using those during more than one year, but when I decided to learn how to do it myself (because not everything was working) I understood that wasn't the proper way. 

I can't be more thankful to mactabletman (you rock, man) for made this possible, in fact I bought my Companion 2 because I wanted to work in OSX since I've been doing it since 11 years. But I think it's time to an update and with patches list I provided here everybody could extract their own and do it properly. If not, at least, info is here for those who want to learn or find some clues to their problems.

I think, guys, that you will be able to install and have your Companion 2 properly working, almost everything, but you need to know what you're doing and why. I know this is hard (hey, I have no coder or programming background and here I am, you just need some time, get info while testing things, read a lot of threads here and there...).

So good luck! I'll be here trying to help :)

NOTE: I'm trying to fix my "wake from sleep using power button" issue and I recommend to do a first step before extract ACPI and starting to patch. If you enter BIOS and go to Chipset/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configurtion/ you will se three entries and values. Mine by default are set to 256MB everywhere. Check yours and post your results.

- I recommend to start setting DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128MB, leave the others in 256MB.

- Extract ACPI files again, check my initial solutions (fix ADBG Error for DSDT and delete Packages in SSDT-2) to make them compile without errors and after that start applying patches.

- Use Graphic section from GrubLord's config.plist.

- If this doesn't work, maybe a custom patch for Clover to set DVMT-prealloc to 128MB for your ig-platform-id is needed. 

Have any of you found a laptop guide with same CPU and graphics? I think if there's one it would bring mayor clues here.

• Like 1

GrubLord & schwarzgrau: Don't use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist, use always PlistEdit Pro or Xcode. Clover Configurator seems to add unneeded data and corrupts your files. I just use it to mount EFI and generate SMBIOS.

I'm using Sublime-Text to edit the config.plist. I guess that's ok?

schwarzgrau: I think GrubLors is giving you some clues. For example, his Graphics section in config.plist seems to work, so you might try to copy his values. File is in this thread a few pages back, search for it and download it.

I did find some interesting informations, which I seem to have missed the last time, but I didn't find a config.plist from GrubLord.

IMPORTANT: It is a bad, bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. Even having same hardware, lightly differences can output very different ACPI files. That's why it's always recommended to extract yours and use them. I know a lot of people don't take this seriously and use ACPI from other people, and sometimes works, but that's not the way, believe me.

Good to know, I didn't expect that. I patched the ACPI files I posted and you disassembled again and saved them as AML-files, but unfortunately my Companion don't want to boot with them in place. This is always the last it shows before freezing:

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1221543219

I think, guys, that you will be able to install and have your Companion 2 properly working, almost everything, but you need to know what you're doing and why. I know this is hard (hey, I have no coder or programming background and here I am, you just need some time, get info while testing things, read a lot of threads here and there...).

So good luck! I'll be here trying to help :)

I'm far, far away from knowing what I'm doing, but at least I START to understand what I could try. And again thank you for all that help.

NOTE: I'm trying to fix my "wake from sleep using power button" issue and I recommend to do a first step before extract ACPI and starting to patch. If you enter BIOS and go to Chipset/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configurtion/ you will se three entries and values. Mine by default are set to 256MB everywhere. Check yours and post your results.

Aperture Size 512MB

DVMT Pre-Allocated 256M

DVMT Total Gfx Mem 256M

Have any of you found a laptop guide with same CPU and graphics? I think if there's one it would bring mayor clues here.

The only "laptop" I found using the same CPU and graphics seems to be the Intel NUC5i7RYH. I found three threads about it in the Italian section of insanelymac.

El Capitan on NUC5i7RYH 1

El Capitan on NUC5i7RYH 2

Sierra on NUC5i7RYH

I guess me and google translate have a date tomorrow evening.

But I have to check them out tomorrow evening. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow.

I'm using Sublime-Text to edit the config.plist. I guess that's ok?

Never used Sublime-Text, I recommend to use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro. There's a few "don't use a text editor to edit your config.plist" around the web.

I did find some interesting informations, which I seem to have missed the last time, but I didn't find a config.plist from GrubLord.

Sorry, my mistake, config.plist I sent was for you, not for GrubLord  ^_^

Good to know, I didn't expect that. I patched the ACPI files I posted and you disassembled again and saved them as AML-files, but unfortunately my Companion don't want to boot with them in place. This is always the last it shows before freezing:

You must be careful and check when you're using ACPI files to set DropOEM=YES, Generate=NO and proper SetOrder. I've created two config.plist for you, one to boot without ACPI files and other to boot with them. Try them. Without ACPI should work with the installer you created and installation you made. Config set for ACPI will work if you correctly patch your DSDT/SSDT (what seems now to be ok, you didn't say nothing about errors).

I'm far, far away from knowing what I'm doing, but at least I START to understand what I could try. And again thank you for all that help.

Neither I, man LOL But I'm starting to know why things are needed for this and I think it's time for me to give a hand.

Aperture Size 512MB

DVMT Pre-Allocated 256M

DVMT Total Gfx Mem 256M

Cool, very similar to mine. You guys must know a thing about this:

If you change any settings in BIOS, you're changing ACPI files inside the machine and you must extract them again and patch them. This means that if you have changed to 128MB as I said before but you're using ACPI files from a 256MB DVMT Pre-Allocated BIOS, it will give you a kernel panic and won't boot.

So if you've already extracted your ACPI from 256MB, you can try setting in BIOS DVMT Pre-allocated 256MB again. If you want to try with 128MB, you must extract and patch again (sorry for my previous advice, I didn't give you all info and I noticed that if any of you changed that but are using different DVMT Pre-Allocated BIOS/ACPI, it won't work).

The only "laptop" I found using the same CPU and graphics seems to be the Intel NUC5i7RYH. I found three threads about it in the Italian section of insanelymac.

El Capitan on NUC5i7RYH 1

El Capitan on NUC5i7RYH 2

Sierra on NUC5i7RYH

I guess me and google translate have a date tomorrow evening.

But I have to check them out tomorrow evening. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow.

Man, what I told you about linking to, you know, it's against insanelymac rules. 

Oh, italian threads... I'm spanish and don't speak italian, so good luck with Google Translator. But for what I know:

- CPU just need a proper generated SSDT.aml from Pike's script (but you can try at first with Generate=YES, check my config_NO_ACPI)

- Graphics just need a proper ig-platform-id, Inject/Intel=YES, InjectEDID=YES

HERE the files.

• Like 1

Never used Sublime-Text, I recommend to use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro. There's a few "don't use a text editor to edit your config.plist" around the web.

While using PlistEdit Pro I noticed why it's the better choice. It's a lot easier to use.

You must be careful and check when you're using ACPI files to set DropOEM=YES, Generate=NO and proper SetOrder. I've created two config.plist for you, one to boot without ACPI files and other to boot with them. Try them. Without ACPI should work with the installer you created and installation you made. Config set for ACPI will work if you correctly patch your DSDT/SSDT (what seems now to be ok, you didn't say nothing about errors).

The config_NO_ACPI.plist produces an extremely glitchy image in Yosemite. But if I change the ig-platform-id from 0x16260006 to 0x162B8086 it works like before: I can boot and everything looks normal, but is extremely slow, cause the graphic card isn't recognized.

If I use the config_ACPI.plist in combination with my ACPI files the booting freezes pretty fast, showing this message:

Which is really weird, since SetOrder uses exactly the files I included in the patched folder.

I guess something is still wrong with my files, cause I'm still doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it is.

But thank you for the files, good to have some decent config.plist to try something with.

Cool, very similar to mine. You guys must know a thing about this:

If you change any settings in BIOS, you're changing ACPI files inside the machine and you must extract them again and patch them. This means that if you have changed to 128MB as I said before but you're using ACPI files from a 256MB DVMT Pre-Allocated BIOS, it will give you a kernel panic and won't boot.

So if you've already extracted your ACPI from 256MB, you can try setting in BIOS DVMT Pre-allocated 256MB again. If you want to try with 128MB, you must extract and patch again (sorry for my previous advice, I didn't give you all info and I noticed that if any of you changed that but are using different DVMT Pre-Allocated BIOS/ACPI, it won't work).

That's really good to know. If I remember correctly my ACPI files were generated using 256MB and now I'm using 128MB. But I'm not exactly sure if I tried something completely weird, like 96mb, to see if this makes any difference. I guess I should generate my ACPI-files again, to be completely safe.

- CPU just need a proper generated SSDT.aml from Pike's script (but you can try at first with Generate=YES, check my config_NO_ACPI)

- Graphics just need a proper ig-platform-id, Inject/Intel=YES, InjectEDID=YES

Since the LED of my wifi-dongle isn't glowing on my Macbook either I came to conclusion that this thing could be broken and ordered another one, which will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I can use Pikers script with it. After four days without any progress I would be really happy to have the SSDT.aml.

Oh by transalating the italian threads I found a SSDT.aml, made by Toleda for the Intel Iris 6100 and another SSDT.aml made for the Intel i7-5557U. Could they be of any use?

EDIT: I set my DVMT-Pre-Allocated to 128MB, used Clover F4 and patched these ACPI files again. Now my Companion finally boots with ACPI files and your config_ACPI.plist.

• Like 1

EDIT: I set my DVMT-Pre-Allocated to 128MB, used Clover F4 and patched these ACPI files again. Now my Companion finally boots with ACPI files and your config_ACPI.plist.

Good to hear, man! :D Congrats!!

So, everything is working now? 

If you're using my config_ACPI.plist, have you generated your CPU SSDT with Pike's script?

If not, I think that's the only thing you need.

How about graphics? Is it well detected?

Use IORegistry Explorer from my pack in my guide. Open it, save and put it here so I can check it and have a look. Maybe we can fix something if needed.

The ACPI files are in place and except of the ig-platform-id I used your config_ACPI.plist, but nothing seemed to have changed 

Unfortunately I couldn't generate a CPU SSDT with Piker's script, cause my wifi-dongle seems to be broken (it should blink, but it doesn't) and I have to pick up a new one tomorrow at the post office. So till tomorrow I have no internet connection to run his script.

Graphics aren't detected, but till now I didn't installed any kext except of FakeSMC, cause I thought I should fix this whole SSDT and DSDT thing first, to see what's working and whats not.

So maybe the graphics are something which I can fix using some kexts, even if I expected the Iris 6100 to be detected by default, since it's the same card the MacBookPro 12,1 uses.

I hope to get the wifi working tomorrow, so I can generate the CPU SSDT and hopefully send you an IOReg.  :|

Yesterday I finally received my Tontec wifi dongle. Surprisingly it uses the Realtek RTL8188CUS, the same as the Edimax EW-7811un, my previous dongle. Kind of luck, cause the Tontec drivers are out of date, but I could use the drivers from Edimax.

Now I was able to run Piker's script to generate the SSDT.aml. The only thing I noticed, was the disappearing of the "unknown CPU" message. while booting.

The biggest problem are the graphics. I tried a bunch of ig-platform-ids and can divide them into two groups:

1. While booting I get [iGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver! two times in a row. Then it boots into Yosemite. The graphics are extremely slow and aren't recognized in "About this Mac" (Graphics Intel Unknown 14 MB)
  2. It boots a lot faster and I get no error-messages about my GPU, while booting. It seems to boot into Yosemite and the mouse-cursor is a lot more responsive, but all I see is a black screen and the mouse-cursor.

Even if I can't use the companion with ig-platform-ids from group 2, it seems to be the better choice in some way, since I don't get error messages while booting and the more responsive cursor.

• Like 1

Yesterday I finally received my Tontec wifi dongle. Surprisingly it uses the Realtek RTL8188CUS, the same as the Edimax EW-7811un, my previous dongle. Kind of luck, cause the Tontec drivers are out of date, but I could use the drivers from Edimax.

Now I was able to run Piker's script to generate the SSDT.aml. The only thing I noticed, was the disappearing of the "unknown CPU" message. while booting.

The biggest problem are the graphics. I tried a bunch of ig-platform-ids and can divide them into two groups:

1. While booting I get [iGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver! two times in a row. Then it boots into Yosemite. The graphics are extremely slow and aren't recognized in "About this Mac" (Graphics Intel Unknown 14 MB)
  2. It boots a lot faster and I get no error-messages about my GPU, while booting. It seems to boot into Yosemite and the mouse-cursor is a lot more responsive, but all I see is a black screen and the mouse-cursor.

Even if I can't use the companion with ig-platform-ids from group 2, it seems to be the better choice in some way, since I don't get error messages while booting and the more responsive cursor.

Well, it seems you implemented well CPU power management if those warnings disappeared, mate. This is the very first and most important step, congrats. Now, graphic card.

I've found some ig-platform-id in AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to try with my hack. If you're curious, you can use Hex Fiend to open it and have a look at the code. You can search for a known line of code as a platform-id and start looking and guessing (take a look into Pike's R Alpha blog for some info).

Maybe these are wrong but it won't hurt to try these ig-platform-id and report back. Also post an IOReg to have a look if you have the time. My Iris 5100 is ULT Mobile GT3, you can check yours in Windows with apps like CPU-Z or AIDA64. I guess it will ULT Mobile GT3 too. You can try some from here:

post-851564-0-97331200-1443023310.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for the platform-ids, I'll check them tomorrow. I already checked these ids today (some are in your list too):

A = it boots into Yosemite, but I get an error message while booting and the card isn't recognized. Probably just an invalid ID.

B = no error while booting, but I only get the black screen with a mouse-cursor, instead of Yosemite

0x162b0000 B 

0x162b0002 B

0x162b0004 B

0x162b0006 A

0x162b0008 A

0x16260006 B

0x162B8086 A

0x0a160000 A

0x0a16000c A

0x04160000 A

0x0c160000 A

0x04002B16 A

Since the B ones are in your list too, I get the impression they could be useable, but I have to fix something else first. I just don't know what it could be, since I finally included all SSDT and DSDT files.

Oh and I attached an IOREG. It's the first time I tried to export this, so I hope I did the right thing.

Klumpen.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

From what I've read in different threads it could be a better choice to install El Capitan, instead of Yosemite, if you're using Broadwell graphics. At the moment I can't use Sierra, since a lot of the software I'm using has still problems with it, but maybe it would be a future proof choice to use El Capitan?
Would there be something I need to take care of accept of removing kext-dev-mode=1 and adding the RtVariables?

• Like 1

From what I've read in different threads it could be a better choice to install El Capitan, instead of Yosemite, if you're using Broadwell graphics. At the moment I can't use Sierra, since a lot of the software I'm using has still problems with it, but maybe it would be a future proof choice to use El Capitan?

Would there be something I need to take care of accept of removing kext-dev-mode=1 and adding the RtVariables?

In El Capitan some other things have changed, for example how system manage USB ports. Now, in Yosemite all ports are working OOB but in EL Capitan you will see some of them are lost. You need to read how they are managed now and possible solutions, but these are what worked for me:

- Install USBInjectAll from RehabMan repository, this kext will enable all ports. This step is needed to see which are needed or not in order to disable them and/or correct port type (internal, external, usb2.0, usb3.0) with a custom SSDT-UIAC (more info from RehabMan in his repo).

- You can also install Fake_PCIID_XHCIMux, this kext will route any usb2.0 device connected to usb2.0 pins in XHC to be used by EHC1 instead. Then you can create a custom injector kext to disable unused ports and/or correct them (very similar to SSDT-UIAC).

- What I'm using now (I've probed the other two methods and it worked for me as well) is a custom injector kext for XHC. This makes EH01 to have zero ports and everythings is managed by XHC. In order to fully disable EH01 I'm including in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched a SSDT-Disable_EHC from RehabMan repo.

USB is tricky in el Capitan (or Sierra), you must take a look in how Yosemite manage them and which ports are assigned to each device, do the same in El Capitan using USBInjectAll and use any method to enable/disable what you need and change port connector type. Here, IORegistry Explorer is needed, so start having a look at it and you will learn things at first just guessing. Look for guides about USB in El Capitan for examples of everything I'm talking about. You can also install the custom injector from my guide, I think it will work for you.

Other things have changed too:

- Clover patch for Boot Glitches

- Clover patches for enable BCM94352Z

- Kext for enable bluetooth is different, you must install BrcmPatchRAM2 instead of BrcmPatchRAM.

• Like 1

I sticked pretty much to your guide and installed El Capitan. The graphics seem to instantly detected in some way, cause it was a lot faster than Yosemite only the image was kind of darken. After generating a new SSDT.aml and patching new DSDT and SSDT files this issue was gone. Now my graphic card is kind of detected, not by name, but OS X seems to understand it uses 1536MB. I hope this missing name is only cosmetics, like you mentioned in your guide.

HOtYqhS.png

Battery, bluetooth, wifi (dongle) and app store works, audio doesn't work. But my biggest problem at the moment is that OS X doesn't seem to detect the Cintiq itself.

HwsIKHI.png

Something which seems weird, since the Cintiq-part was always something which does work from the beginning. Could it have something to do with the different USB support? I don't have any problems with my USB ports on the outside, but I remember I read something about the Companion using some USB-ports internally?

I attached my config.plist (a simple one from Rehabman, with some tiny changes) and my IOReg. It would be great if you could look at it, if you find the time.

config_ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Graphic's name may be just cosmetic, it never showed Unknown to me. If everything is working, it doesn't matter. Run some graphic benchmark like LuxMark to check it.

- Remove patches from ACPI/DSDT/Patches, we're renaming EHC1/EHC2 in DSDT manually and emulating Windows with DSDT patch.

- Remove boot flags from Boot/Arguments, they aren't needed. Use -v (verbose boot flag) until everything is right, it will help you to detect issues (my recommendation).

- Remove DisableDrivers section, you already deleted VBoxHfs.efi and put HFSplus.efi instead.

- Remove any entry starting with #. This symbol make entry disabled so since everything is booting good, they're not needed.

- Remove ForceKextsToLoad from KernelAndKextPatches, not needed.

- In KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch there are a lot of disabled patches. Leave there only what you need after testing in order to leave a more cleaner config.plist.

Well, about USB. If you take a look into your IOReg, you will see EH01 having two ports (PR01 and PR12). PR01 show a hub with many ports and PR12 is empty/unused.

XHC is managing all your connected devices for what I see, but HS08 is lost, don't know why. If I remember well, there is where the Wacom hub must be present, that's why your driver can't find a tablet.

Recommendation: Install the custom injector from my guide and report back.

• Like 1

I did the changes you mentioned in my config.plist. Thank you.

Unfortunately XHCInjectorCC2.kext doesn't seem to fix the problem. I guess I have to read RehabMans readme to his USBInjectAll a few times more. Till it starts to make any sense to me.

If I understood it right it activates all ports, but isn't meant to be used constantly. So I should use it to see which ports needs to be activated/fixed. Is this right?

• Like 1

I did the changes you mentioned in my config.plist. Thank you.

Unfortunately XHCInjectorCC2.kext doesn't seem to fix the problem. I guess I have to read RehabMans readme to his USBInjectAll a few times more. Till it starts to make any sense to me.

If I understood it right it activated all ports, but isn't meant to be used constantly. So I should use it to see which ports needs to be activated/fixed. Is this right?

Yes, you must create a custom SSDT-UIAC (look at RehabMan repo for examples) to enable/disable or change port connections you need. Remember to add this SSDT to SorterOrder in config.plist. It requires some read and test but I think you will be able to do it, mate :)

• Like 1