iMessage and FaceTime - misbehaving again!

yosemite facetime imessage

Best Answer fusion71au, 06 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

@theconnactic,

Yes, you can use the serials from the MBP.

The crucial values, ROM & MLB, must be genuine and from the same Mac (I also use the same 12 Digit System Serial from my mac mini but I'm being careful).  The SmUUID for the hack can be unique and different from the Mac's.

Applying MLB & ROM to the "RT Variables" section in Clover (and MLB in Main Board Serial key in SMBIOS section of config.plist) ----> your hack will show the same model in the "About this Mac" screen as the "donor" Mac but since everything else in the SMBIOS section is correct, then Clover uses the appropriate SMBIOS for power management, sleep etc.

PS Why don't you create a Clover boot USB and boot into your Mavericks/chameleon install?  Just find the system-ID, ROM & MLB of the chameleon install like I explained in my procedure  and use them in the appropriate sections of Clover's config.plist on your USB.  Run the iMessage-debug tool to confirm that all the variables are the same when booting with Clover :).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

clipper99

clipper99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

@theconnactic,

Yes, you can use the serials from the MBP.

The crucial values, ROM & MLB, must be genuine and from the same Mac (I also use the same 12 Digit System Serial from my mac mini but I'm being careful).  The SmUUID for the hack can be unique and different from the Mac's.

Applying MLB & ROM to the "RT Variables" section in Clover (and MLB in Main Board Serial key in SMBIOS section of config.plist) ----> your hack will show the same model in the "About this Mac" screen as the "donor" Mac but since everything else in the SMBIOS section is correct, then Clover uses the appropriate SMBIOS for power management, sleep etc.

PS Why don't you create a Clover boot USB and boot into your Mavericks/chameleon install?  Just find the system-ID, ROM & MLB of the chameleon install like I explained in my procedure  and use them in the appropriate sections of Clover's config.plist on your USB.  Run the iMessage-debug tool to confirm that all the variables are the same when booting with Clover :).

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro 13 Retina 2013 model. I've got the numbers from it I need but before I try this would there be any issues with using them on my Yosemite (maybe even on my Mavericks install as well) installation? I have no issues on my Mavericks install but the ROM numbers all read as "00000000000......etc). I tried inputting all the other numbers on my Clover install of Yosemite but I still can't get iMessage to sign in. I'm assuming it's because of the ROM "000000000" issue but I'm kinda confused as to why it works on Mavericks using Chameleon.

Cheers

EDIT....

I guess I spoke too soon about everything all working in Mavericks. After reading this thread I decided to see if I could log out and back in to iMessage in Mavericks but now I can't log back in. I wonder why it was even working the first place? Weird.

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

@clipper99,

The serials from your MBP will have no issue working on any OSX on any machine (if the procedure is done properly and NVRAM is working on your hack) :).

The generated serials from your Mavericks hack obviously won't work if ROM is invalid....It only worked originally since the checks were not as rigorous a while ago.

Let us know how you go with the genuine serials :).

clipper99

clipper99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

@clipper99,

The serials from your MBP will have no issue working on any OSX on any machine (if the procedure is done properly and NVRAM is working on your hack) :).

The generated serials from your Mavericks hack obviously won't work if ROM is invalid....It only worked originally since the checks were not as rigorous a while ago.

Let us know how you go with the genuine serials :).

Hmmmm, not working...so far! :)

I've triple-checked the numbers, rebooted and run the imessage_debug and confirmed that the numbers I entered into Clover Configurator tool are correct. My system report tells me I have a Macbook Pro even though I started with an iMac 12,2 system definition :).

So I'm *assuming* my NVRAM is working, I have the flag "InjectSystemID" set for "YES" in the config.plist.

I'm using Clover 2818 installed for UEFI booting only, in the EFI partition of my Yosemite drive. RC scripts are installed (read somewhere I needed them).

iCloud, iTunes Match, Appstore...all work but iMessage is just spinning away and not connecting.

Scratching head...... :)

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Try using Clover r2795.  The latest Clover revisions tend to be buggy and may have many undiscovered problems....

Also what is the output of imessage_debug when it is run on your hack?  If everything is done correctly, the outputs should be the same as when running imessage_debug on your Mac....

You can upload the output (obviously hashing out some/all the characters in your serials) - I want to see the output from the IOPowervariables...

Edit

Glad you got it working :).

A common mistake is that many people assume that "new" software revisions are always better.  I still have Mavericks and only test the latest Clover builds on my FAT32 Clover boot USB.  I only migrate this to my main hard drive when it has proven itself to be stable.

Out of interest, I noticed your hashed MLB in the post below was 12 characters instead of 17.  Is your MLB from your Mac 17 characters?

clipper99

clipper99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Try using Clover r2795.  The latest Clover revisions tend to be buggy and may have many undiscovered problems....

Also what is the output of imessage_debug when it is run on your hack?  If everything is done correctly, the outputs should be the same as when running imessage_debug on your Mac....

You can upload the output (obviously hashing out some/all the characters in your serials) - I want to see the output from the IOPowervariables...

I'll try out r2795 and report back in a few. Here's the results, and the numbers match from my genuine Macbook Pro.

I'll try out r2795 and report back in a few. Here's the results, and the numbers match from my genuine Macbook Pro.

:blush:  :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Well, DON'T USE R2818 IF YOU WANT IMESSAGE TO WORK!!!!!

r2795 did the trick. I've been schooled...stop living on the hemorrhaging-edge!  

Thank you!

Out of interest, I noticed your hashed MLB in the post below was 12 characters instead of 17.  Is your MLB from your Mac 17 characters?

No, my bad. It is 17.

Regards

Attached Files

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.

@theconnactic,

Are you able to logout and log back in successfully to iMessages in Mavericks with no problems?

Can you run the imessage_debug tool in Mavericks and then run in Yosemite and compare the outputs? The values for MLB, ROM, IOPlatformUUID and IOPlatformSerialNumber should be identical between the two OS if everything is set up properly....

@ekica,

Are you sure you had iMessages (the Apple variety) working in Yosemite with Chameleon?  I remember your screenshot in this post was JabberIM with Google talk :).

I ran the debug tool.  I have no problems with iMessage etc.  I just want to be clear on some of these terms (Acronyms)  and the naming in Clover's SMbios/iMessage debug tool output.  MLB=BoardSerialNumber? IOPlatformUUID=SmUUID=Hardware UUID?  IOPlatformSerialNumber=SerialNumber?  Rom=Rom?  System-ID=System-ID?  Board-id=Board-id?  Custom UUID =Custom UUID?

I am looking at the report from the debug and the fields in Clover's Smbios and trying to correlate them.

Thanks

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

@oSxFr33k,

Pretty much....my detailed illustrated procedure in post#99 of the AIO guides.

Essentially MLB ---> MLB &/or BoardSerialNumber

ROM ---> ROM

PlatformSerialNumber ---> Serial Number

system-id ---> CustomUUID and set inject System ID to true

Optional: PlatformUUID=HardwareUUID ---> SmUUID

board-id ---> ""

product-name ---> ""

Also try v2 of the tool which might be easier to read the values off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yosemite, facetime, imessage

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy