RT2870,RT2770,RT3070,RT3170,RT3072,RT3370,RT3572,RT3573,

RT5370,RT5372,RT5572,MT7610,MT7612,MT7650,MT7662,MT8070,RT9707

nip

nip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

1 - the 10.9 driver seems not effective anymore, and it is not my device...

2 - I am not comfortable with Clover: I understand it as a bootloader and I do not need one. Does a light install/feature exist ? or else the driver seem not to be installed.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,132 posts

Did you give the packages published in post #268 and post #269 any thoughts? You know... homework... Former is driver v5.1.0.27. If you look into the latter (say with Pacifist app), you'll see a driver for Sierra with version v5.1.0.28. 'worth a shot, wouldn't you think?

I would invite you to look at the list of supported devices specified in either kext's Info.plist: many are labelled xxx 3070. You could find those drivers work OOB for your dongle, especially if you consider these 2 x particular entries:

<key>Ralink3070-1</key><dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.Ralink.driver.RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>12400</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5263</integer>
</dict>
and
<key>Ralink3070-2</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.Ralink.driver.RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>12400</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5263</integer>
</dict>

`

12400 (dec) = 0x3070 (hex)
5263 (dec) = 0x148f (hex)

Link of post #269 translates to: www.edimax.us/download/drivers/MAC/Sierra/EW-7711MAC_Driver_1.0.0.7.zip (with http:// in front)

Now, I say this, I say nothing...

nip

nip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thank you for this complete answer and... lesson ! I have to say it is more like a holiday hobby for me... I tried these posts, hopefully Pacifist was the software I needed.

So I extraced the v5.1.0.28 and placed it into /System/Library/Extensions, installed BearExtender1200Sierra Alfa Wireless Utility, restarted. But the device connected does not open the window of the wireless utility.

I will give a last chance with "WIFI Network macOS High Sierra", but I have to leave this device tomorrow, hopefully on a success note.

BTW, what is OOB ?

Edit: for "WIFI Network macOS High Sierra", I also manually placed the framework - the startup item was correctly placed. But still no window opened by the wireless utility app, only the icon on the upper bar. The same for every solution: maybe none is High Sierra compatible yet ?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

OOB = Out Of the Box

You said you "extracted the v5.1.0.28 and placed it into /S/L/E". Did you then repair permissions and rebuild the cache? If not, the kext will most likely not load due to incorrect permissions.

This is addressed through the following commands:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you get errors (not warnings) at the end, repeat the touch + kextcache commands or retype the entire sequence after the following additional commands:

sudo rm -Rf /S*/L*/PrelinkedKernels
sudo rm -Rf /S*/L*/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

Reboot afterwards. If the driver does load at boot time, you'll see it listed in SysProfiler->Software->Extensions with those other kexts with status Loaded set to Yes.

nip

nip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Okay for all. This is really new and interesting. I will test it next time I go to the place with this device. Thank you again, I'll let you know (maybe for Christmas).

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

See ya at Easter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RALINK, MEDIATEK, USB, RT2870, RT2770, RT5370, Mavericks, Yosemite

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy