How to Solve Imessage Login Problem

heryts

168 posts in this topic

@ckilian,

If you have MLB & ROM values from a real Mac, then follow the procedure here.  If followed properly, the values from the Mac will be spoofed on your hack exactly (check with the imessage_debug tool).  I recommend Clover if you are looking to upgrade to Yosemite as Chameleon's FileNVRAM module is currently incompatible with OSX 10.10.

@VirusX,

The problem with using publically shared serials is that Apple invariably blocks them after some time :(.  The more people using the same MLB/ROM ---> the more likely 2 machines using the same MLB/ROM might log in to Apple's iMessage servers at the same time ---> the more likely Apple will notice ---> block the AppleIDs using the publically shared MLB/ROM.

If you own a Mac, sharing its MLB/ROM amongst 2-3 of your own hacks isn't a problem.

Your other option is to use unique fake generated serials and call Apple Support to validate/register them by quoting the error code - see here and @Miztorr's guide....

What do you do if the values from a real mac still don't work? Those values don't even hold anyways, every reboot, nvram generates new random rom info. No two boots have same rom, ever. it's no wonder apple locked messages out. why is it constantly generating random rom/MLB?

Messages worked fine from 10.9.0 to 10.9.4 but all of a sudden i don't know if it's 10.9.5 or what but no work around anywhere on internet works.

@MysticalOS,

Your problem is non functioning NVRAM in your hack, not anything to do with values from a real Mac "not working".

For others to help you, you need to provide more information about your hardware and software eg look at my sig.

What bootloader are you using and what bootloader version?

Legacy boot or UEFI boot?

What is the output of running imessage_debug on your hack?

Refer to these sections of the AIO Guides:

How to fix iCloud/iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

Everything you need to know about NVRAM

What do you do if the values from a real mac still don't work? Those values don't even hold anyways, every reboot, nvram generates new random rom info. No two boots have same rom, ever. it's no wonder apple locked messages out. why is it constantly generating random rom/MLB?

Messages worked fine from 10.9.0 to 10.9.4 but all of a sudden i don't know if it's 10.9.5 or what but no work around anywhere on internet works.

@MysticalOS

I ended up getting mine to work by changing my serial via Chameleon Wizard. I was stuck at the part where it said I needed to call Apple Customer Support and provided me with a code. Called, gave them my code AND my real MacBook Serial number...bingo. It is now working.

@MysticalOS,

Your problem is non functioning NVRAM in your hack, not anything to do with values from a real Mac "not working".

For others to help you, you need to provide more information about your hardware and software eg look at my sig.

What bootloader are you using and what bootloader version?

Legacy boot or UEFI boot?

What is the output of running imessage_debug on your hack?

Refer to these sections of the AIO Guides:

How to fix iCloud/iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

Everything you need to know about NVRAM

I've done everything possible to fix nvram. I'm using chameleon 2401. file nvram 1.1.3 (i also tried 1.1.2). I have tried all kinds of stuff in SMBios.plist.

My motherboard is not one affected by SiD bug, but i tried a static one in smbios for good measure even though my boards is perfectly fine. I've literally done every step in every guide i could find. my rom and MLB change every restart in nvram. I can temp fix it by doing a force write to nvram with correct values, but i reboot and they are literally randomized again.

I know I can call apple and unlock account but i also know if I do that, it needs to be AFTER I figure out how to get nvram to retain rom between reboots and not randomly generate new ones every time.

I can post hours worth of experimenting and imessage debug logs for every experiment i did (diff filenv versions, different bios settigs, legacy bios, UEFI & legacy, different serials, different systemIds, pretty much everything I can think to put in SMBios, etc.

but I'd only be willing to PM that to someone since I don't want to put my valid board numbers all over the net to be used.

Also, those articles just tell you the obvious, what nvram is and how to get it working. mine actually works, but for some reason a new MLB and rom are written to it every reboot and i'm not sure what does that or how to fix it. Even in complete disregard to anything in SMBios. Other settings and tests store in nvram just fine.

My problem actually started very recently. i used messages fine from october of last year until last couple weeks. I don't know if a new chameleon update is responsible or what. or if it just took apple that long to ban me for having a new rom/id every time i rebooted.

@MysticalOS,

It may be worthwhile reinstalling an older version of Chameleon eg r2377.  The newer versions with changes for Yosemite possibly broke FileNVRAM module functionality (FileNVRAM development seems to have stalled with ver 1.1.3 in Feb 2013).

IMHO, the best course of action would be to invest some time switching over to Clover.  You can safely experiment booting your machine from a FAT32 Clover USB and test for persistent MLB/ROM with imessage_debug.  When you are happy with a particular configuration, you can then install Clover onto your hard drive.  With Yosemite around the corner and currently no NVRAM solution for Chameleon users in OSX 10.10, you have nothing to lose...

Which mlb/ROM you used?

Genuine one or the 777 from the first post, because I think that one is blocked (again).

Now test on clover,when sign in iMessages it said An error occurred during activation. Try again.

By the way MLB is board serial number right?it 17 in length,but the MLB 1111111111111111 only 16 in length,why?What's MLB stand for?abbreviate for?

post-236960-0-47927000-1413722813_thumb.png

Yosemite iMessage change their system

I think its time to register your own apple id with your own mlb and rom
I did contact apple support to activate my friend mlb and rom with my apple id on yosemite
And the result is, that i can login imesage with his value, but still, my friend cant login imessage, its asking him to contact apple support

And when i try my another apple id, i can't login i message, which asking me to contact apple support

see picture below

3 apple id with one success that i registered by contact apple support and two failed (contact apple support)

which didn't happen when i shared my MLB and ROM value for the first time,

i decided to share because i tested with 3 different apple id, and i still can login without any issue,

but now its change, i can't login with different apple id

so Conclusion is

One apple id for One MLB and ROM

though you still can share your MLB and ROM

but still you have to call apple support to activate your apple id with that MLB and ROM value

post-1336554-0-09534600-1413934020_thumb.png

post-1336554-0-10128000-1413934043_thumb.png

post-1336554-0-49162800-1413934090_thumb.png

Currently having iMessage issues again, but a little different than before. It used to say it was unable to activate iMessage -- pretty simple. Now, the "enable this account" box just unchecks itself with no error message showing up. If I click the checkbox, the check disappears after about 10 seconds. This is in my 10.8.3 virtual machine.

I do have a MacBook Air on 10.0.0 and will try and extract the information from it.

Currently having iMessage issues again, but a little different than before. It used to say it was unable to activate iMessage -- pretty simple. Now, the "enable this account" box just unchecks itself with no error message showing up. If I click the checkbox, the check disappears after about 10 seconds. This is in my 10.8.3 virtual machine.

I do have a MacBook Air on 10.0.0 and will try and extract the information from it.

Got iMessage working again. I grabbed my MacBook Air's MLB and ROM (as per the instructions here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2020598) and everything is working, hopefully permanently this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying Yosemite in VMware. It uses normal EFI to boot instead of Chameleon like my 10.8.3 VM, so the sudo nvram command doesn't do anything. I tried installing Chameleon, but it wouldn't boot. Will try http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2029552 next.

Edit: Installing Clover to the VM prevents it from booting at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've used MLB and ROM values from my real Macbook Pro and got iMessage running on my Mavericks hackintosh but now I don't get any new iMessage on my real Mac!

Which somehow makes sense... Apple servers decided the last registered hardware was the one to receive the messages, since they look like clones now.

Does someone know how to revert this or have it working on both computers?

I'm upgrading the Macbook Pro to Yosemite, maybe it will solve the issue, or maybe not :-)

IMHO is best generate the MLB/Rom, is simple and safe.

See this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/?p=2096128

I made up a new MLB, which brought up the activation code (a good thing) in my VM. Looks like Apple might've blacklisted my legitimate/real MLB from my MacBook Air? Is there a way to spoof the MLB on a real device?

I made up a new MLB, which brought up the activation code (a good thing) in my VM. Looks like Apple might've blacklisted my legitimate/real MLB from my MacBook Air? Is there a way to spoof the MLB on a real device?

That would help me as well... My real macbook pro is stuffed now. I even tried with a new apple ID. It connects OK but I can't send or receive any iMessage :-(