How to Solve Imessage Login Problem

heryts

168 posts in this topic

You use the same values in both machines?

What do you think in generate a random value for your Hack?

Yes, I used the same MLB and ROM from my MacBook Air to my 10.10 VM which worked fine up until a few days ago.

A custom MLB does get me an activation code, so I imagine it would work fine. But I'd rather use the real one in my VM.

Still waiting for Apple to respond to my case so I can at least get it working again on my real MacBook Air, unless they really did blacklist the MLB...

Yes, I used the same MLB and ROM from my MacBook Air to my 10.10 VM which worked fine up until a few days ago.

A custom MLB does get me an activation code, so I imagine it would work fine. But I'd rather use the real one in my VM.

Still waiting for Apple to respond to my case so I can at least get it working again on my real MacBook Air, unless they really did blacklist the MLB...

Same here, I still have to contact them again with some system.log extracts to show there's something wrong.

How far have you gotten with them? I'm still waiting for an Apple response.

They tried a few things on Wednesday when I had a chat with them, like signing out from all devices, removing contact emails or change the "start new conversations from" setting with no luck. The guy I was chatting with was supposed to get some more info from a senior advisor but he couldn't reach him and I was supposed to call them back, which I never did.

On Friday I couldn't send messages anymore, like always, but this time iMessage was aware something was wrong because it was telling me it couldn't send the messages.

Yesterday I saw new messages in system.log I had never seen before, but still no luck.

The messages were:

Jan  4 16:52:18 Macapsule discoveryd[50]: WCFNameResolvesToAddr: called
Jan  4 16:52:18 Macapsule discoveryd[50]: WCFNameResolvesToAddr: entering

Repeated a few times.

And today, I received a notification on my iDevices saying "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and Facetime on a new Mac" + the computer name so I knew something had definitely been unblocked. In fact, you're supposed to receive such a notification everytime you sign in on a devices (if the previous state was signed out).

And indeed, I can send and receive iMessages from my Macbook. Facetime works again too (I could call other devices but once they accepted the call, it hang up, and I couldn't receive any call.

So, either they did something on the server or my Hackintosh session automatically expired after 4 days (I've reverted it back to a random serial/MLB/rom since then) and my Macbook is recognized again as the "master" computer behind these MLB/ROM values.

When did the blocking occur on your side?

It started happening the evening of the 30th on both machines.

I changed the MLB of the VM so that I brings up the activation code, hoping that my MacBook Air will be set as the lone "master" device again.

And today, I received a notification on my iDevices saying "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and Facetime on a new Mac" + the computer name so I knew something had definitely been unblocked. In fact, you're supposed to receive such a notification everytime you sign in on a devices (if the previous state was signed out).

And indeed, I can send and receive iMessages from my Macbook. Facetime works again too (I could call other devices but once they accepted the call, it hang up, and I couldn't receive any call.

Opened my MacBook Air for the first time since I changed my VM's MLB. It brought up the same message as yours, but I'm still getting the typical "an error occurred during activation" error :/.

Opened my MacBook Air for the first time since I changed my VM's MLB. It brought up the same message as yours, but I'm still getting the typical "an error occurred during activation" error :/.

I had this one day before it worked again. Maybe try resettting the network preferences, who knows...

Using Finder navigate to:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the following two files:

NetworkInterfaces.plist

preferences.plist 

Empty the trash and reboot.

I had this one day before it worked again. Maybe try resettting the network preferences, who knows...

Using Finder navigate to:[/size]

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/[/size]

Delete the following two files:[/size]

NetworkInterfaces.plist

preferences.plist [/size]

Empty the trash and reboot.[/size]

Done. Same error :(. I'll call Apple to get the VM activated with the code from Messages and maybe it'll free it up so I can use my MacBook Air again.

They tried a few things on Wednesday when I had a chat with them, like signing out from all devices, removing contact emails or change the "start new conversations from" setting with no luck. The guy I was chatting with was supposed to get some more info from a senior advisor but he couldn't reach him and I was supposed to call them back, which I never did.

On Friday I couldn't send messages anymore, like always, but this time iMessage was aware something was wrong because it was telling me it couldn't send the messages.

Yesterday I saw new messages in system.log I had never seen before, but still no luck.

The messages were:

Jan  4 16:52:18 Macapsule discoveryd[50]: WCFNameResolvesToAddr: called
Jan  4 16:52:18 Macapsule discoveryd[50]: WCFNameResolvesToAddr: entering
Repeated a few times.

So, either they did something on the server or my Hackintosh session automatically expired after 4 days (I've reverted it back to a random serial/MLB/rom since then) and my Macbook is recognized again as the "master" computer behind these MLB/ROM values.

Is changing the ROM similar to changing the MLB? I modified one number in the ROM that I injected via the VMX and will see if it happens to do anything. Apple said that there may be a serial number issue now with my MacBook Air, even though that and my VM don't share the same serial, and now they don't share the same MLB or ROM.

Is changing the ROM similar to changing the MLB? I modified one number in the ROM that I injected via the VMX and will see if it happens to do anything. Apple said that there may be a serial number issue now with my MacBook Air, even though that and my VM don't share the same serial, and now they don't share the same MLB or ROM.

Using another ROM value would have probably avoided having the real Mac blacklisted but now it's too late ;-)

Btw I've now cloned another real mac which I know will never be used to connect to iMessages/FT and it worked right away.

So I finally had iMessage in my VM activated again, using the activation code that Messages gave me, and things are fine over there. It's using a random MLB and ROM that I generated. Still a no-go for my MacBook Air.

Again, here's my VMX file if anybody's interested: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=mawuUDGY

My MacBook Air did bring up the "your iMessage account is being used from XXXXX computer" (or however it was worded), yet I still can't sign in on it.

"serversetup" is an unknown command.

Just a quick update for anybody who may happen to be following this. I just tried signing into iMessage on my MacBook Air, and it successfully decided to sign in. Everything now appears to be working as it should. I have a feeling that it'll be my desktop that decides to stop working when I boot it back up in the morning, although it hopefully won't, as its MLB and ROM are different.

• 5 months later...
Hi friends... I have a problem with FileNVRAM.dylib and I can't sign in to iMessages.

The generated file by FileNVRAM.dylib is a continued random change when I reboot my machine.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Mavericks 10.9.5

Cameleon 2538

FileNVRAM.dylib 1.1.3

post-968396-0-09971500-1436213531_thumb.png

Hi friends... I have a problem with FileNVRAM.dylib and I can't sign in to iMessages.
The generated file by FileNVRAM.dylib is a continued random change when I reboot my machine.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
Mavericks 10.9.5
Cameleon 2538
FileNVRAM.dylib 1.1.3

Can anyone help me please...?

• 4 weeks later...

Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
Mavericks 10.9.5
Cameleon 2538
FileNVRAM.dylib 1.1.3

The thing that fixed it for me is Chameleon 2286 and Filenvram 1.1.3.

I have started with chameleon 2700 and FileNVRAM trunks from 2015 and 2014 and it was changing all the time. 

Then i downloaded 1.1.3 and started with downgrading Chameleon. Above combination works for me, let us now if it fixes your issue.

Don't forget to logout and clean your Extra folder (of FileNVRAM module and plist) before you make a change. That's how i got blacklisted before.

• Like 2