How to Solve Imessage Login Problem

heryts

168 posts in this topic

No - i have a macbook for which I could, but I'm reading conflicting information that this might not work either. Anyway, at this point, I am getting the contact Apple support pop-up when I login into imessage. I guess I'll wait for the GM of Yosemite then try to fix it again... only a month or so left. 

So theres no way to make the iMessenger working in any hackintosh or depends of the hackware/bootloader?

It depends on the value of MLB & ROM. Values from this post might or already been blocked (not sure). Grab a proper MLB & ROM from real Mac and keep it your own, this will work 100% untill Apple change the security of its service.

• Like 1

...hi, just a snapshot of Messages from the outside...interesting and maybe concerning...

from http://blog.quarkslab.com/imessage-privacy.html

Can Apple read your iMessages? A fast answer.

Yes.

You should skip this part if you dont want to spoil the details. If you are in a hurry and just want the answers, this part is for you. We have analyzed iMessage, Apple's instant messaging service, wondering: how to eavesdrop iMessage.

Here are the facts:

• Involved cryptography is based on well-known algorithms (AES, RSA, ECDSA) with proper key sizes and implementation.
  • Code in charge of key generation is open source.
  • No certificate pinning is performed between client and PUSH servers (Apple's servers involved in iMessage).
  • Authentication between client and Apple's servers is protected with strong obfuscation and whitebox cryptography, preventing the development of 3rd party iMessage clients.
  • User password is sent clear-text through a secure SSL channel to Apple. This is clearly an issue for people using the same password at several places (mail, bank, whatever) as Apple knows this password.
  • No pinning + cleartext password means that if somebody manages to add a certificate in a device, he can perform a MITM, thus get the user's AppleID and password. That is the key to everything belonging to the user.
  • Bonus: if the device is connected to iPhone Configuration Utility, Apple's enterprise solution for management of iPhones, a trusted CA is added. Consequence is that all subsequent certificates signed by that CA will be trusted to create the SSL communication. It means all companies using that are able to retrieve their employee's AppleID and password by simply proxifying the SSL communication.
  • iMessage is carried over Push protocol, the very same protocol used but FaceTime, GameCenter or notification services.
  • PUSH is tunneled inside SSL to Apple's PUSH servers on port 5223.
  • Every Apple device is identified by a unique Push-Token.
  • When someone sends one message, the client looks for all Push-Tokens related to that destination (called an URI) to transport the message to every device where the URI is registered.
  • When one sends an iMessage, the client firstly connects to an Apple key server, called ESS, to get the target public keys.
  • The clients retrieves 2 keys:
  • One ECDSA (256-bit) used to verify the signature of messages sent by the destination URI on this device. That way, when the destination URI replies, we'll already have the ECDSA key to check the signature.
  • One RSA (1280-bit) used to encrypt iMessage sent to the destination URI.

• The iMessage payload is actually a binary plist, designed to embed serialized data as dictionary.
  • The iMessage payload is encrypted with a random AES key, the key is appended at the beginning of the encrypted payload, the 1280 first bits are encrypted with destination RSA key.
aes1.png
  • Every message is signed with sender ECDSA key.
  • iMessage can be used to send attachment. They are stored on iCloud, encrypted with an AES session key as explained above.
  • Since Apple controls ESS servers, and all iMessages are routed to Apple's PUSH servers, Apple is able to perform MITM:
  • Apple sends fake public RSA / ECDSA key to the sender
  • Apple can then decipher, alter the payload of the message and sign it before sending to its final destination.

• So, yes, there is end-to-end encryption as Apple claims, but the weakness is in the key infrastructure as it is controlled by Apple: they can change a key anytime they want, thus read the content of our iMessages.

:smoke:

So I get this on iMessenger and on FaceTime. I'm using original values from a Mac :x

Just to confirm

Change the "Serial Number and the SmUUID on Clover configuration. I'm missing something? 

Your Apple ID "aaa@bbb.com" can't be used to set up FaceTime at this time.

If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with FaceTime, contact FaceTime support with the code below.

Customer Code: 3902-7934-8345

So I get this on iMessenger and on FaceTime. I'm using original values from a Mac :x

Just to confirm

Change the "Serial Number and the SmUUID on Clover configuration. I'm missing something?

BoardSerialNumber or MLB, not Serial. And ROM

iMessage in my 10.8.3 VMware Workstation virtual machine has been working fine for a long time until just a few days ago when it said that there was an error processing registration.

I just tried these:

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=PF]6%99%a9

I'm still getting the same error, so I'm not sure if this is the kind of fix that would even work for me.

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%77%77%77%77%77%77

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=7777777777777777

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%77%77%77%77%77%77

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=7777777777777777