108 replies to this topic

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Hi midi,

I've found using generated fake serials are not reliable eg if you clean install OSX on a different hard drive (even using the same Clover config.plist in the same machine) or logout of iMessage on an OSX install with iMessage previously working, then you can often get problems logging in again - the "contact Apple" message usually requires a genuine Mac or iDevice to reset your AppleID password when things go wrong.

Using genuine serials, I can login & logout and install OSX on multiple partitions and iMessage still works (even without credit card attached to my AppleID :D).  I have written some background on the iMessage problem in my post in the Clover General Discussion thread.  I have replicated my results on my 2 hacks

Dell XPS m1530 Laptop using genuine serials from MacBookPro 2011

Desktop GAP55aUD3/i5-750/Radeon5770 using genuine serials from mac mini 2012

With genuine System Serial, SmUUID/Hardware ID, MLB and ROM ---> works 100% all the time, even without credit card.

From @heryts testing, you must have at least MLB & ROM from a genuine Mac or validated Hackintosh (where you have called Apple Support).

midi :D

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Thank you :D the only problem now is that I don't have a mac nearby :/ or someone's mac :/ I used the serial from 3.1 and as you said it was banned from Apple's servers :| Damn you Apple! A Mac is really really expensive (you can rent a house w/ that money for at least 6 months! Trust me, I asked and saw some weird stuff!). Now the only way is to attach a credit card to my Apple ID which is impossible for a just graduated guy :| Well, I'm not using it anyway, all ppl I know are android oriented and not everyone have a mac :P

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,277 posts

Hello

So, your problem isn't in method, but is in impossibility to get a valid Credit Card...

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Both! :P

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

@midi :D

You can google for images of mac tear downs to get real serial numbers eg

Attached File  MBP 2012 Serial & MLB.jpeg   149.26KB   13 downloads

Unfortunately from my testing, you need genuine System Serial, MLB & ROM values.  The best way to get ROM is by running the iMessage debug tool on a friend's mac :).

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Ok :D

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

@midi :D

You can google for images of mac tear downs to get real serial numbers eg

attachicon.gifMBP 2012 Serial & MLB.jpeg

Unfortunately from my testing, you need genuine System Serial, MLB & ROM values.  The best way to get ROM is by running the iMessage debug tool on a friend's mac :).

I link your post in my guide. Cheers!

Demonbane

Demonbane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

hi pike,

i was trying only to use the external screen but not the internal screen, and i found a tutorial said that i should set 

sudo nvram boot-args="iog=0x0" 

to disable the internal screen at login.

but even if i set the nvram or i added the argument into the boot args of Clover, it doesn't work...

is that because Clover doesn't support any other boot args? or just because this argument "iog=0x0" is not supported by hackintosh?

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

hi pike,

i was trying only to use the external screen but not the internal screen, and i found a tutorial said that i should set 

sudo nvram boot-args="iog=0x0" 

to disable the internal screen at login.

but even if i set the nvram or i added the argument into the boot args of Clover, it doesn't work...

is that because Clover doesn't support any other boot args? or just because this argument "iog=0x0" is not supported by hackintosh?

I think it only works with real Mac display configuration, you may need to modify to make it work with your system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy