Download the InsanelyMac Toolbar!

18 posts in this topic

Just finished with an InsanelyMac toolbar! check it out at:

http://InsanelyMac.forumtoolbar.com

It supports Firefox on all platforms (ignore the Windows requirement below download button, just click it), and IE. Features include:

* Google search toolbar

* Link to Recent posts

* RSS reader for news and recent posts

* Upload images from your computer to imageshack from the toolbar

* Check you weather

* Check email

* Pop-up blocker and privacy button (cache, cookie, and history cleaner)

You can get rid of what you don't want, it's also fully customizable. Feel free to leave feeback, should I add more buttons, etc?

Next I'd like to get started on a widget with an rss reader and search bar for the forum...

great tool :D but no safari :):angry::(:bag:

yeah, i know, i'd like to get one too since safari is my primary browser. maybe i'll try that before i start on a widget...

also, what do you think of the logo on the button on the left? does it look ok? any suggestions for something to replace it with?

this project has taken no programming on my part so far, handy little service at conduit.com builds toolbars for you. another nice thing is that as i update it, anyone that has it installed will get an automatic update. so if you need to make a toolbar for another site you have, this service really does make it easy!

rollcage: Excellent idea! Simply fantastic! :)

One suggestion: Since Firefox already has a google search box at the top right, can you make the box in the iMac toolbar to search InsanelyMac?

Even if it was prefixed with site:http://www.insanelymac.com/ it would work in Google.

:)

rollcage: Excellent idea! Simply fantastic! :)

One suggestion: Since Firefox already has a google search box at the top right, can you make the box in the iMac toolbar to search InsanelyMac?

Even if it was prefixed with site:http://www.insanelymac.com/ it would work in Google.

;)

i've been trying to do that, but can't seem to get it right. this thing is very picky on what it will allow, and i can't get the google one to go through.

i need to find a certain url to get the search to go through. the instructions say to search the site for MYSEARCHTERM, but i can't seem to get it. can someone else try this for me? for now you can use the "search this site" when you are at insanelymac. but i'd like something a little more fluid.

also, i added a button to upload images to imageshack from the toolbar, just browse you computer for a pic, and hit upload. that one took some coding...finally!

yeah, i'll start on that as soon as i get some free time. between school, cross country and homework, i really don't have any free time right now.. this one here was easy because it didn't require any coding (barring the imageshack button).

well, i thought i would do a version for safari after i finished my widgets, but i'm starting to think that safari doesn't allow them. people keep telling me that you can't and i haven't been able to find an example to prove them wrong. sorry, but maybe in safari 3.0 this will be possible...