Cardbus/PCMCIA Controller ID 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12

solu

421 posts in this topic

Referring to your signature, you're using leopard. You need to change ADP2,1 to your "Model Identifier". Refer to your System Profiler. My "Model Identifier" is ACPI, so I need to change:-

<key>ADP2,1</key>

to

<key>ACPI</key>

Hi Kizwan,

my hardware is recognized as TECRA A7, but change didn't help. Still getting:

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

Can you send me your IOPCIFamily.kext? Maybe thats it...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Mariusz.

Hi guys,Here is another revised IOPCCardFamily file. Try the revised one and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.Chun-Nan

Hi Kizwan,my hardware is recognized as TECRA A7, but change didn't help. Still getting:
IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

.Can you send me your IOPCIFamily.kext? Maybe thats it...Thanks in advance and best regards,Mariusz.

Hi Mariusz,Make sure you are using the IOPCIFamily.kext from Leopard because I compiled the source codes under Leopard environment. I don't have Tiger installed so I don't know what would happen. I have updated another revised files. Try it and let me know the result if you wish.Chun-Nan

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_rev2.zip

Hi guys,Here is another revised IOPCCardFamily file. Try the revised one and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.Chun-NanHi Mariusz,Make sure you are using the IOPCIFamily.kext from Leopard because I compiled the source codes under Leopard environment. I don't have Tiger installed so I don't know what would happen. I have updated another revised files. Try it and let me know the result if you wish.Chun-Nan

Hi Chuan-Nan,

can you send me (fingerr at interia dot pl) your IOPCIfamily.kext? I'm not sure if I have Leopard's vailla one.

p.s.

Tried rev2, and still IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0 :unsure:

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi all,

can anyone post or send me (fingerr at interia dot pl) Leopard's vanilla IOPCIfamily.kext?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Mariusz.

I have send to you kext file that you requested. This is original kext file from ToH leopard.

I have send to you kext file that you requested. This is original kext file from ToH leopard.

Thanks for the file Kizwan!!

I've tried it but the same message apperas: IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

I have no idea what to do, I've also tried to use vanilla AppleSMBIOS but then my SystemProfiler doesn't show 'Machine Type' information (I've also used AppleSMBIOS from pc_efi_V50, no go ).

Anyone have idea what to check/do else?

Thanks,

Mariusz.

Thanks for the file Kizwan!!

I've tried it but the same message apperas: IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

I have no idea what to do, I've also tried to use vanilla AppleSMBIOS but then my SystemProfiler doesn't show 'Machine Type' information (I've also used AppleSMBIOS from pc_efi_V50, no go ).

Anyone have idea what to check/do else?

Thanks,

Mariusz.

From your signature indicating that your leopard is 10.5.1 and I think Chun-Nan compiled it on 10.5.0. My leopard is 10.5.0 (ToH release). Try issue this command in terminal to know your Machine Identifier:-

sysctl -b hw.model

I got "ACPI" if I execute that command.

From your earlier post, you have the right hardware. Which leopard release did you install?

From your signature indicating that your leopard is 10.5.1 and I think Chun-Nan compiled it on 10.5.0. My leopard is 10.5.0 (ToH release). Try issue this command in terminal to know your Machine Identifier:-sysctl -b hw.modelI got "ACPI" if I execute that command.From your earlier post, you have the right hardware. Which leopard release did you install?
I've installed it from flat image then upgraded to 10.5.1.I'l try sysctl -b hw.model ...Thanks,Mariusz.
From your signature indicating that your leopard is 10.5.1 and I think Chun-Nan compiled it on 10.5.0. My leopard is 10.5.0 (ToH release). Try issue this command in terminal to know your Machine Identifier:-sysctl -b hw.modelI got "ACPI" if I execute that command.From your earlier post, you have the right hardware. Which leopard release did you install?
Hi again Kizwan,thanks for another portion of kexts :) Unfortunately it didn't help. The same message during boot.sysctl -b hw.model reports 'TECRA A7' (thats what I've written instead of ADP2,1)What a bloody pcmcia hardware I have :wacko:

Maybe you know kext dependencies of IOPCCardFamily?

Thanks and regards,Mariusz.

I've installed it from flat image then upgraded to 10.5.1.I'l try sysctl -b hw.model ...Thanks,Mariusz.Hi again Kizwan,thanks for another portion of kexts :) Unfortunately it didn't help. The same message during boot.sysctl -b hw.model reports 'TECRA A7' (thats what I've written instead of ADP2,1)What a bloody pcmcia hardware I have :)

Maybe you know kext dependencies of IOPCCardFamily?

Thanks and regards,Mariusz.

When you execute "sysctl -b hw.model", what is the output look like?

This my output:-

kizwans-computer:~ kizwan$ sysctl -b hw.model
ACPIkizwans-computer:~ kizwan$

You can see here, "ACPI" (which is my Machine Identifier) printed very close to terminal prompt. Someone has told me that his/her output is look like this (example):-

ACER 3680 kizwans-computer:~ kizwan$

It have space there, so it is important to include it --> Model Identifier = "ACER 3680 "

Can you execute this command:-

sysctl -b hw.name

I can't execute it, maybe because I'm not using flat image.

OMG, I can't believe how stupid I am!!!

My sysctl -b hw.model output is 'Mac Pro' but Info.plist didn't have the section with this name! So I created one, copied the memory and io ranges from my windows device manager and now I have perfectly working CardBus controller and Airport card!!!

Chun-Nan, kizwan, thank you so much, you guys rock!!! :(

When you execute "sysctl -b hw.model", what is the output look like?

This my output:-

ACPIkizwans-computer:~ kizwan$

You can see here, "ACPI" (which is my Machine Identifier) printed very close to terminal prompt. Someone has told me that his/her output is look like this (example):-

ACER 3680 kizwans-computer:~ kizwan$

It have space there, so it is important to include it --> Model Identifier = "ACER 3680 "

Can you execute this command:-

sysctl -b hw.name

I can't execute it, maybe because I'm not using flat image.

My output looks like this:

fingerrs-computer:~ fingerr$ sysctl -b hw.model
TERCA A7fingerrs-computer:~ fingerr$

I think it depends on Apple SMBIOS.kext (I have to find other one)

I've tried to put "TECRA A7" but still no go.

'sysctl -b hw.name' doesn't work for me too.

Regards,

Mariusz.

My output looks like this:

fingerrs-computer:~ fingerr$ sysctl -b hw.model
TERCA A7fingerrs-computer:~ fingerr$

I think it depends on Apple SMBIOS.kext (I have to find other one)

I've tried to put "TECRA A7" but still no go.

'sysctl -b hw.name' doesn't work for me too.

Regards,

Mariusz.

It seem your output is "TERCA A7" but you tried "TECRA A7". :D

OMG, I can't believe how stupid I am!!!

My sysctl -b hw.model output is 'Mac Pro' but Info.plist didn't have the section with this name! So I created one, copied the memory and io ranges from my windows device manager and now I have perfectly working CardBus controller and Airport card!!!

Chun-Nan, kizwan, thank you so much, you guys rock!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulations!!!!! I am glad it finally works for you. :D

Btw, can you let know me if you are using rev1 or rev2? I woule like to keep the records.

Chun-Nan

Congratulations!!!!! I am glad it finally works for you. :D

Btw, can you let know me if you are using rev1 or rev2? I woule like to keep the records.

Chun-Nan

Right now I'm using rev2. Something tells me that rev1 would also work with correct plist settings ;)

Hi guys,

I have updated another revised of IOPCCardFamily. In this version, you do not have to edit the info.plist to match your machine. It is working on my notebook and I hope it will be helpful for those who don't how to change the info.plist. In addition, I also include the IOPCIFamily in case that some need it. (Both of two files are compiled from the original Leopard source code.)

How to use?

• Backup your original IOPCCardFamily driver (and IOPCIFamily driver)
  • Replace your IOPCCardFamily driver with the attached one that contains all necessary modifications
  • Reboot
  • As root, type "dmesg | grep PC"; you should see something about TI xx12 being found

Welcome to try it and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_rev3.zip

Hi Chin-Nan,

One little thing though - sometimes when I insert the card, it reads vendor and device ids incorrectly. Here's what System Profiler shows:

pci14e4,4320:

Function:	Network Controller
 Vendor:	Unknown
 Type:	CardBus
 Vendor ID:	5348
 Device ID:	17184

Hi Chin-Nan,One little thing though - sometimes when I insert the card, it reads vendor and device ids incorrectly. Here's what System Profiler shows:
pci14e4,4320:  Function:	Network Controller  Vendor:	Unknown  Type:	CardBus  Vendor ID:	5348  Device ID:	17184

Hi Java Duke,Does the CardBus still work when it reads vendor and device ids incorrectly? Have it read those correctly the other time?Chun-Nan
Hi Chuan-Nan,can you send me (fingerr at interia dot pl) your IOPCIfamily.kext? I'm not sure if I have Leopard's vailla one.p.s.Tried rev2, and still IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0 :) Regards,Mariusz.
Hi Mariusz,Have you checked the BIOS setting of your computer?Chun-Nan

Hi Java Duke,

Does the CardBus still work when it reads vendor and device ids incorrectly? Have it read those correctly the other time?

Chun-Nan

Well, looks like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I will run more tests tonight.

Hi guys,I have updated another revised of IOPCCardFamily. In this version, you do not have to edit the info.plist to match your machine. It is working on my notebook and I hope it will be helpful for those who don't how to change the info.plist. In addition, I also include the IOPCIFamily in case that some need it. (Both of two files are compiled from the original Leopard source code.)How to use?
  • Replace your IOPCCardFamily driver with the attached one that contains all necessary modifications
  • Reboot
  • As root, type "dmesg | grep PC"; you should see something about TI xx12 being found

Welcome to try it and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.Chun-Nan

Hi, I've tried rev3 and still no go. This is my linux lspci -v output:

07:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Unknown device ff10
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 18
Memory at f0906000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Bus: primary=07, secondary=08, subordinate=0b, sec-latency=176
Memory window 0: 88000000-8bfff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 8c000000-8ffff000
I/O window 0: 00006000-000060ff
I/O window 1: 00006400-000064ff
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

and attached is my IOPCCardFamily.kext modified to fit my needs (if there is problem with extraction try to change 'tar.gz' to 'tgz').

Can you have a look at it, please? I'm so angry on my hardware :D

@Kizwan: my Laptop is Toshiba Tecra A7, so it should be 'TECRA A7' (I've entered output manually and mistyped it)

I've tried "TECRA A7" and 'TECRA A7' in Info.plistRegards,Mariusz

Mariusz,Have you checked the BIOS setting of your computer?Chun-Nan

Hmmm, what should I check? If You mean to disable FireWire, there is no such option in BIOS :) (BTW: FireWire is recognized correctly but I have no hardware to attach and check)

Regards,Mariusz.

IOPCCardFamily.kext.tar.gz

Hi Chun-Nan!!!

I'm very happy I can now use the PCMCIA port. Your rev3 worked like a charm!!! :) . As usual, after I did a repairpermissions and deleted extensions.*(as always) before reboot.

Now I'm using a 32 bit Wireless PCCard Cardbus.

My Lapbook : Compaq nw9440

OSX : iATKOS v1.0ir2

Hi guys,

I have updated another revised of IOPCCardFamily. In this version, you do not have to edit the info.plist to match your machine. It is working on my notebook and I hope it will be helpful for those who don't how to change the info.plist. In addition, I also include the IOPCIFamily in case that some need it. (Both of two files are compiled from the original Leopard source code.)

How to use?

• Reboot

Welcome to try it and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

Thank you very much Chun-Nan.

Hi, I've tried rev3 and still no go. This is my linux lspci -v output:

07:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
   Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Unknown device ff10
   Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 18
   Memory at f0906000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
   Bus: primary=07, secondary=08, subordinate=0b, sec-latency=176
   Memory window 0: 88000000-8bfff000 (prefetchable)
   Memory window 1: 8c000000-8ffff000
   I/O window 0: 00006000-000060ff
   I/O window 1: 00006400-000064ff
   16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

and attached is my IOPCCardFamily.kext modified to fit my needs (if there is problem with extraction try to change 'tar.gz' to 'tgz').

Can you have a look at it, please? I'm so angry on my hardware :(

@Kizwan: my Laptop is Toshiba Tecra A7, so it should be 'TECRA A7' (I've entered output manually and mistyped it)

I've tried "TECRA A7" and 'TECRA A7' in Info.plistRegards,Mariusz

Hmmm, what should I check? If You mean to disable FireWire, there is no such option in BIOS :) (BTW: FireWire is recognized correctly but I have no hardware to attach and check)

Regards,Mariusz.

Hi Mariusz,

Try this kext and let me know the result. Don't change anything on info.plist.

Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

Hi Mariusz,

Try this kext and let me know the result. Don't change anything on info.plist.

Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

At first i'd like to thank for your eforts Chun-Nan!

I got kernel panic using last kext.

See attached screen.

Regards,

Mariusz.

post-18185-1199743881_thumb.jpg

At first i'd like to thank for your eforts Chun-Nan!

I got kernel panic using last kext.

See attached screen.

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for trying. According to the source code, your pccard doesn't pass "pci bridge numbering" checking. I am not sure why and need to find more information on it.

Checking options on BIOS to see if there is anything related to it.

Which Leopard are you using now? Also, have you try different AppleACPIPlatform files?

Chun-Nan

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for trying. According to the source code, your pccard doesn't pass "pci bridge numbering" checking. I am not sure why and need to find more information on it.

Checking options on BIOS to see if there is anything related to it.

Which Leopard are you using now? Also, have you try different AppleACPIPlatform files?

Chun-Nan

Right now I use Leopard 10.5.1. BIOS doesn't seem to have any PCMCIA related options.

I tried also different AppleACPIPlatform kext.

Shall I try IOPCCardFamily_Mariusz.zip with other AppleACPIPlatform kexts?

Regards,

Mariusz.

i follow this thred from when it is been born

I am passed through the 10.4.7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 and leo

now for the first time it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY PCMCIA Controller ID 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12 WORKS!!!!!!!!!

i have istalled the 2 kext rev3

it's incredible ..... IT WORKS!!!!!

I do not have words for this, especially in English

sorry for my ugly English translate with a widget of dashboard ;)

many many many many many thanksss Chun-Nan

:yoji: