• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Vipersfate

Vipersfate

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
My friend handed me a Bluetooth dongle one day, and I decided, hey, lets try it. It works!

as stated before Mac has a lot of support for BT, it's popular!

Sedna

Sedna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I have an MMTek USB bluetooth dongle with Broadcom chipset, and works like a charm. I'm starting to think that ALL USB bluetooth dongles work with Mac OS X but don't quote me on that one.

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
I think we all agree bluetooths work on mac very easily so can we move on to the other question.
  • Has anyone got any to work with a bluetooth headset to work with MSN, Skype, ....?
  • What distances do you got with your bluetooth (state what distance it's listed to be able to reach)?

Vipersfate

Vipersfate

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Anything further than about 5 feet for me, the connected started to fail.

InsanelyOne

InsanelyOne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I think we all agree bluetooths work on mac very easily so can we move on to the other question.

• Has anyone got any to work with a bluetooth headset to work with MSN, Skype, ....?

Agreed!! Has anybody gotten a bluetooth headset (I have a Plantronics Pulsar 590A) working?

Neonkoala

Neonkoala

Neon Prowess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Anyone know how to get A2DP profile working? I would love to have my wireless headphones working in OS X, it's another reason I stick to Windows ATM.

eLMafUDd

eLMafUDd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I bought a bluetooth dongle. It would not work with the XP drivers, and needed specialized software for XP, but worked instantly with OS X. Funny.

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Sorry to necro... but anything new on the headset issue? I'd really like to use my Motorola headset without tracking down the D-Link adapter (which apparently is no longer sold)

hammten

hammten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have a the $20 USB dongle they sell at my local Walmart, I think the brand is IO Gear or somethin like that.

It didn't take me any set up at all I just plugged it in and it worked fine.

It is easy to set up the devices also, it took me about a minute to set up my Razr.

And my Apple Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth Mighty Mouse work with it although it says on specifications that you have to have a Mac with internal Bluetooth or a Dlink adapter (the only one supported by Apple) although everything works perfect with my cheap one.

P.S. The keyboard and mouse work perfect and have great response, alot better than my old Microsoft wireless desktop

Did you by any chance try the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse under any Windows operating systems? I want to buy a bluetooth dongle, as well as the wireless keyboard and mouse, but don't want to get them if it will work only on one of the operating systems installed on my Hackintosh.

-the holiday hamm-

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Has Apple ever fixed the bluetooth issue where ONLY the D-Link dongle supported headsets?

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

People are asking a lot of questions and no one seem to have any answers.
Come on, with 80,000 members how is this possible?

miramar

miramar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I'm using a DLink DBT-120 bt dongle flashed with Apple's firmware. It works with my mobile phone, Apple Wireless Keyboard & Apple Wireless Mouse. I intend to test it out with Skype & my bt headsets. I have 2 of them, the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 and the iTech R35. I just haven't got round to it yet. Just hang in there, I'll try to test them out this weekend.

I also have 2 other bt dongles which I haven't tried yet, the MSI Btoes 2.0 and a generic one.

miramar

miramar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
OK just done testing on my 10.4.9 hackintosh. Good news(1 out of 2 ain't bad). Items involved are:

1. DLink DBT-120 bt dongle flashed with Apple Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2
2. Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 stereo headset
3. iTech Clip r35 stereo headset

1+2: Works! HBH-DS970 headset paired OK with the Mac. Bluetooth prefs shows as Device Type: Audio. Services include Headset, HandsFree and Remote Control among others. Selectable as Input & Ouput devices in Sound prefs. Also selectable as audio input/output in Skype. Tried a test call to echo123 and to my PC. Seems to work OK.

1+3: Does not work. iTech r35 headset paired OK with the Mac but Services listed as HandsFree, no Headset even though the r35 specs claims that it support both Headset & HandsFree profiles. Did not show up in Sound prefs as an audio i/o option. Bugger.

There ya go! Next I'll try the other bluetooth dongles that I have.

yellow83

yellow83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi, I've a new bluetooth dongle that works very well with my n70, but if I try to connect my bluetooth headset i receive this "Headsets are not supported on your Bluetooth hardware". anyone can help me please?
dongle full support this profile, the casting of nines is that on winxp works on skype...

miramar

miramar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Which bt dongle do u have? I read somewhere that only the DLink dongle which has been flashed with Apple's firmware will support headsets. I'm not entirely sure about this. I do have 2 other dongles, one an MSI BToes 2.0 & a generic one, which I intend to test soon.

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

OK just done testing on my 10.4.9 hackintosh. Good news(1 out of 2 ain't bad). Items involved are:

1. DLink DBT-120 bt dongle flashed with Apple Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2
2. Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 stereo headset
3. iTech Clip r35 stereo headset

1+2: Works! HBH-DS970 headset paired OK with the Mac. Bluetooth prefs shows as Device Type: Audio. Services include Headset, HandsFree and Remote Control among others. Selectable as Input & Ouput devices in Sound prefs. Also selectable as audio input/output in Skype. Tried a test call to echo123 and to my PC. Seems to work OK.

1+3: Does not work. iTech r35 headset paired OK with the Mac but Services listed as HandsFree, no Headset even though the r35 specs claims that it support both Headset & HandsFree profiles. Did not show up in Sound prefs as an audio i/o option. Bugger.

There ya go! Next I'll try the other bluetooth dongles that I have.

Hi mate thanks a lot for your feedback. I know I and a few other members have been waiting for someone to let us know if it's possible or not. Now we know that it is but with limited hardware.

At least we're moving forward :D

cybermiguel

cybermiguel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Actually, I have the very same problem.

I have a Broadcom BCM2045 Bluetooth USB adapter and it works with everything....BUT MY HEADSET. It simply denies to work. It says that the hardware is not compatible.

I think it may be a restriction on the bluetooth Kexts that we should get through....somehow.

Moreno53

Moreno53

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi Guys,

I just tried my Rocketfish dongle and nothing...I think I am the first one on here to not have his dongle work...any help would be appreciated

nebukunezzer

nebukunezzer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Linksys USBBT100 Version 2/Plantronics 502 Headset. Blutooth works, Says headset not compatible with bluetooth device :)

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
hi
Hi got a dongle with some weird name, so i don't know the chipset inside.
then I 've tried to pairing it with the apple keyboard wireless pro but at the beginning it works immediately, after i need to repairining it every time I log in tiger..and it doen'st work at the login neither..
Any suggestion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy