Bluetooth on Hackintosh

121 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have a the $20 USB dongle they sell at my local Walmart, I think the brand is IO Gear or somethin like that.

It didn't take me any set up at all I just plugged it in and it worked fine.

It is easy to set up the devices also, it took me about a minute to set up my Razr.

And my Apple Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth Mighty Mouse work with it although it says on specifications that you have to have a Mac with internal Bluetooth or a Dlink adapter (the only one supported by Apple) although everything works perfect with my cheap one.

P.S. The keyboard and mouse work perfect and have great response, alot better than my old Microsoft wireless desktop

Did you by any chance try the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse under any Windows operating systems? I want to buy a bluetooth dongle, as well as the wireless keyboard and mouse, but don't want to get them if it will work only on one of the operating systems installed on my Hackintosh.

-the holiday hamm-

I'm using a DLink DBT-120 bt dongle flashed with Apple's firmware. It works with my mobile phone, Apple Wireless Keyboard & Apple Wireless Mouse. I intend to test it out with Skype & my bt headsets. I have 2 of them, the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 and the iTech R35. I just haven't got round to it yet. Just hang in there, I'll try to test them out this weekend.

I also have 2 other bt dongles which I haven't tried yet, the MSI Btoes 2.0 and a generic one.

OK just done testing on my 10.4.9 hackintosh. Good news(1 out of 2 ain't bad). Items involved are:

1. DLink DBT-120 bt dongle flashed with Apple Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2

2. Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 stereo headset

3. iTech Clip r35 stereo headset

1+2: Works! HBH-DS970 headset paired OK with the Mac. Bluetooth prefs shows as Device Type: Audio. Services include Headset, HandsFree and Remote Control among others. Selectable as Input & Ouput devices in Sound prefs. Also selectable as audio input/output in Skype. Tried a test call to echo123 and to my PC. Seems to work OK.

1+3: Does not work. iTech r35 headset paired OK with the Mac but Services listed as HandsFree, no Headset even though the r35 specs claims that it support both Headset & HandsFree profiles. Did not show up in Sound prefs as an audio i/o option. Bugger.

There ya go! Next I'll try the other bluetooth dongles that I have.

hi, I've a new bluetooth dongle that works very well with my n70, but if I try to connect my bluetooth headset i receive this "Headsets are not supported on your Bluetooth hardware". anyone can help me please?

dongle full support this profile, the casting of nines is that on winxp works on skype...

Which bt dongle do u have? I read somewhere that only the DLink dongle which has been flashed with Apple's firmware will support headsets. I'm not entirely sure about this. I do have 2 other dongles, one an MSI BToes 2.0 & a generic one, which I intend to test soon.

• 2 weeks later...
OK just done testing on my 10.4.9 hackintosh. Good news(1 out of 2 ain't bad). Items involved are:

1. DLink DBT-120 bt dongle flashed with Apple Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2

2. Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 stereo headset

3. iTech Clip r35 stereo headset

1+2: Works! HBH-DS970 headset paired OK with the Mac. Bluetooth prefs shows as Device Type: Audio. Services include Headset, HandsFree and Remote Control among others. Selectable as Input & Ouput devices in Sound prefs. Also selectable as audio input/output in Skype. Tried a test call to echo123 and to my PC. Seems to work OK.

1+3: Does not work. iTech r35 headset paired OK with the Mac but Services listed as HandsFree, no Headset even though the r35 specs claims that it support both Headset & HandsFree profiles. Did not show up in Sound prefs as an audio i/o option. Bugger.

There ya go! Next I'll try the other bluetooth dongles that I have.

Hi mate thanks a lot for your feedback. I know I and a few other members have been waiting for someone to let us know if it's possible or not. Now we know that it is but with limited hardware.

At least we're moving forward :D

• 1 month later...

Actually, I have the very same problem.

I have a Broadcom BCM2045 Bluetooth USB adapter and it works with everything....BUT MY HEADSET. It simply denies to work. It says that the hardware is not compatible.

I think it may be a restriction on the bluetooth Kexts that we should get through....somehow.

• 3 months later...

hi

Hi got a dongle with some weird name, so i don't know the chipset inside.

then I 've tried to pairing it with the apple keyboard wireless pro but at the beginning it works immediately, after i need to repairining it every time I log in tiger..and it doen'st work at the login neither..

Any suggestion?

Thanks MacGirl, even if I 've read about someone who got it enabled, just switching in the BIOS to USBlegacy support.

I think it's depends on the MB used.under linux the bluetooth device start at bios level in hid mode, for switching to hic mode after the login...mmhh I need more knowledge about this.

..sorry but I need again some info.

Any one here can report the bluetooth correctly working during boot?

I mean some of u with bluetooth device as keyboard, is able to use that bfore login , at Darwin menu for example?

:)

. . I have working bluetooth during POST: can access the mobo's BIOS F8 bootorder; & see boot-messages via Tab; plus Darwin F8 . . . sadly there is no true Delete key on this alloy wireless keyboard, so cannot enter the BIOS.

Both the Apple bluetooth k/b & mouse are enumerated by the P5WDH (using the D-Link dbt-120 b4 flashed with Apple bluetooth firmware) as USB devices.

Salam,

You posted this in the English section of InsanelyMac, I don't know why you start speaking Arabic. Maybe you can go into the section for multiple languages and look if an Arabic section exists. My mother language isn't English too, but I have to speak English so other people who don't understand me could understand me. Also please mention that you have double post, if you look good, you can see an 'Edit' button to edit your post instead of doubleposting.

Thank you and I hope you understand me.

-Nitra

. . I have working bluetooth during POST: can access the mobo's BIOS F8 bootorder; & see boot-messages via Tab; plus Darwin F8 . . . sadly there is no true Delete key on this alloy wireless keyboard, so cannot enter the BIOS.

Both the Apple bluetooth k/b & mouse are enumerated by the P5WDH (using the D-Link dbt-120 b4 flashed with Apple bluetooth firmware) as USB devices.

Thanks, really very very good news.

So the keyboard is working without pairing it at all; I mean it's been paired but it is not necessary at boot level.

I think at that level we can consider it working in hid mode..

Have you had any possibilities to test it , on different Operative System..I mean boot linux instead of windows..

It's bad u can't remap the kboard to get the delete button at boot , it would be awesome. :blink:

Last one just a bit [OT] what do you think about Mighty Mouse is it supposed to work better than a traditional mouse?

To others , it's christmas time so friends don't be too much rude...

Ciao. :D