[Guide] [Mavericks & Yosemite] AMD Radeon HD5450

Dr. Hurt

214 posts in this topic

Oh Radeon 5450 mobility !

Well maybe it's because the fake ID injected by the DSDT isn't the same for this particular card. BTW, did you used original AMD kexts and rebuild the cache ? You can easily do this by typing sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions in a terminal window (Kext Wizard won't do the job in Yosemite) and reboot.

post an IOReg too with DSDT loaded.

Hi there polyzargone, sorry for the late reply. As i have been trying other methods. But it still doesn't work. Im on the verge of giving up. I will recontinue when someone report they have qe/ci for 5430m on yosemite. I think it will be maybe next year or so partly because yosemite is quite new. Thank you for helping me edit dsdt all this while!

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks!

I've been reading a lot of topics and possible solutions but with no success so far. Hope someone can help me. I've been using a my hackintosh 100% stable and smooth for some time, running 10.10.1, using a ATI HD5450 1gb since my onboard (desktop version intel hd4400 isn't compatible with qe / ci). Yesterday, accidentally I clicked to upgrade the system do OS X 10.10.2. It broke the audio and video, I don't care that much about the audio, but without the video it's impossible to work. I'm using Clover build 3128 (updated to that one). The Clover boot log shows:

3:664  0:000  ========= Auto patch DSDT Starting ========

3:664  0:000  VideoCard devID=0x68F91002
3:664  0:000  DisplayADR1[0] = 0x10000, DisplayADR2[0] = 0x0
So apparently it was ok. I've tried with kext utility to apply the kexts again / repairing permissions, but that didn't work also. My devID IS on the "cedar area" of the AMD5000Controller.kext.
I've tried alternating a lot of options on clover configurator but none of them works. I'm attaching my clover configuration, my ioreg and dsdt. 
I've never patched or edited my dsdt by myself. It was always Clover that did the job.
I have no clue about what I can possibly do.
Thanks!

ioreg.zip

System DSDT.zip

config-generate.plist.zip

Did you boot your PC with System DSDT in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched ?

Your DSDT is strange and do not match with IOReg infos. That's why I'm wondering how this could be !

I've never edited the DSDT.aml by myself. My DSDT doesn't even have any mention to PEG1 or GFX0. I guess I'm booting a unpatched dsdt. Both my  EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and /Origin are empty. I suppose I'm just booting original DSDT with clover patching "on the fly", as I can see in boot log. But it was working fine on 10.10 and 10.10.1. The 10.10.2 has broken it.

Have you tried to edit info.plist of AMDRadeonX3000 & AMD5000Controller to add your vendor/device IDs ? I had troubles with Clover and 5450 series as ATI injection never worked for me without editing the kexts and set ATI inject to No.

Worth a try ! :)

BTW : Unlike 10.10.1, 10.10.2 brings some new graphics Kexts so it should explain why you're experiencing issues ;)

• Like 1

Have you tried to edit info.plist of AMDRadeonX3000 & AMD5000Controller to add your vendor/device IDs ? I had troubles with Clover and 5450 series as ATI injection never worked for me without editing the kexts and set ATI inject to No.

Worth a try ! :)

BTW : Unlike 10.10.1, 10.10.2 brings some new graphics Kexts so it should explain why you're experiencing issues ;)

Thanks for the help and time! Yes, I've already tried that. I copied both files from an original OS X 10.10.2 and manually patched. I've also tried with injection off. The funny thing is it was working before with injector on.

I'm almost giving up and installing 10.10 / Clover from scratch again :/

I suppose it'd be faster than manually creating a dsdt, since this is an "unknown board" in the hackintosh world (Dell mobo, mini desktop).

The fact that your mobo is "unknown" isn't a problem as long as IOReg & DSDT match. I don't know where's the problem with that but it could indeed solves your issues with a correctly patched DSDT.

That said, kexts editing should do the trick. There's no reason it doesn't.

Make sure you have kext-dev-mode=1 enabled then rebuild the cache with that script. Don't forget to set ATI inject to No in Clover even If it worked with Yes.

system_caches_rebuild.command.zip

• Like 1

The fact that your mobo is "unknown" isn't a problem as long as IOReg & DSDT match. I don't know where's the problem with that but it could indeed solves your issues with a correctly patched DSDT.

That said, kexts editing should do the trick. There's no reason it doesn't.

Make sure you have kext-dev-mode=1 enabled then rebuild the cache with that script. Don't forget to set ATI inject to No in Clover even If it worked with Yes.

Sorry I took so long to reply. I reinstalled 10.10, patched kexts and and it worked ok. Then I applied 10.10.1, repatched, ok. So I guess the problem is indeed with 10.10.2

For now, I won't update, because apparently there is more to patch than just the dev/ids on 10.10.2. The weird thing it that it seems almost all users with other gpu are just fine with 10.10.2.

Just managed to make it work. I've updated to 10.10.2 again, that 1 red badge on App Store was driving me crazy. The issue was not the 10.10.2 actually, but the beta build. Since I'm on the beta it downloaded. When installing the final 10.10.2 it worked, just manually patching the kexts. I didn't even had to change anything on Clover. (But by the way, it automatically sets the ATI injection to false). Weirdly it sets intel injector to True. Well, it does't matter, as long as it works :)

Thanks for the help.

2dadkpe.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys - sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just a quick question if I may...

Do we know if patching the DSDT still works under Yos 10.10.5 ? I installed a clean 10.10 the other day and I noticed that the installer has loaded 10.10.5 (I didn't even think about the minor version at the time). I have edited my DSDT and I get a kernel panic on boot from the RadeonX3000 kext.

My board is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2 using BIOS FH so I noticed that early on in this thread a patched DSDT has been supplied for this board so I verified my work against that one and as far as I could see I had done nothing wrong.

My card is an Asus 5450 1GB Passive. My build is using Clover with ATI injection=false and no fake ID in Clover. I'm going somewhere tomorrow where I could pick up a different card but as this is just recycling my old gaming PC for use elsewhere in the house I'd rather not spend money if I can help it.

Apart from to say that I've not tried patching KEXTs as I'm trying to keep things as clean as possible then I can't really think of anything else to add at the moment.

DSDT edit works fine even on El Capitan.

• If you're using Clover, you don't need it. Just put 0x68e01002 in ATI FakeID in Device section of Clover Configurator and set InjectATI=true.

• If you still want a fixed DSDT that can be used with any bootloader, just type F4 at Clover's boot menu then once in OS X, go to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin and post here the DSDT.aml file + an IOReg from your active system using IORegistry Explorer (File menu > Save as).

I'll do it for you if you want ;).

Wow, thanks for the speedy reply :)

It may be worth me getting the DSDT working because I've already tried adding the fake ID and injector to Clover and it didn't help my graphics at all. I'll just try it again but then yes please, if you could do me a DSDT then I would be extremely grateful! It may be tonight because if I don't get outside and do something soon then I suspect I'm going to end up in trouble!!

• Like 1

OK, I've done it now anyway. This is a little strange - from the logs Clover looks like it's doing everything it should do but the OS is simply not picking it up. I'm currently using a DSDT because my system kernel panics after a few minutes without it, but the DSDT does not contain the 5450 patch. As I said, I can't get to the desktop with the patch.

Here's the lines from the boot log that tell me it's injecting OK:

9:207  0:000  Framebuffer @0xE0000000  MMIO @0xFB8C0000	I/O Port @0x0000DE00 ROM Addr @0x00000000
9:207  0:000  ATI card POSTed, 
9:207  0:000  Set VRAM for Cedar=1024Mb
9:207  0:000  ATI: get_vram_size returned 0x40000000
9:207  0:000  ATI Radeon EVERGREEN family
9:207  0:000  Framebuffer set to device's default: Eulemur
9:207  0:000   N ports defaults to 3
9:207  0:000  (AtiPorts) Nr of ports set to: 3
9:207  0:000  ATI Cedar ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series 1024MB (Eulemur) [1002:68F9] (subsys [1043:0471]):: PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x3,0x0)\Pci(0x0,0x0)
9:208  0:000  HDA Controller [8086:3A3E] :: PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1B,0x0) => setting specified layout-id=1 (0x1)
9:208  0:000  LAN Controller [8086:10D3] :: PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1C,0x0)\Pci(0x0,0x0)
9:208  0:000  stringlength = 3328
9:208  0:000  CurrentMode: Width=1280 Height=1024

So anyway, I've attached my DSDTs and the output of an ioreg...

There are 3 DSDTs:

1. From Clover using 'F4'

2. The one I patched (kernel panics on boot)

3. The one that I've used for years as a base from a certain other site (as mentioned above)*

Hope that all helps...

*Note that when I was using the system 'for years' before, it had a GTX970 in it but that card is in my new gaming rig so I can't use that, and this system has no built in video sadly.

DSDTs.zip

ioreg.txt

Sorry, as I didn't have the explorer tool I assumed it would be the same - now uploaded :)

I'm looking into why ioreg and the explorer are both saying that my PCI Root UID is 0 when actually all the DSDTs say it is 1 - unless that is normal?

Correct. Your DSDT shows it's 1. Can be fix though through DSDT edit.

Oh and BTW, what exact DSDT are you using now ? This one :

3. The one that I've used for years as a base from a certain other site

Which is named My_DSDT.aml ?

Meanwhile you can try this and report.

This is likely to NOT work :P since I did the edits almost blindly but who knows… :). Place the file in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. I guess you know how to load alternative DSDT.aml file with Clover

NB : PCIRootUID has been set to 0 so it may work with Chameleon with no such bootflag.

DSDT_patched.aml.zip

No, well sort of! - that's the one that I patched for the 5450 but I get a kernel panic from the X3000 driver on boot.

The one that is for my board but has not yet had any patches applied by me is 'base_DSDT.aml'

This is likely to NOT work  :P since I did the edits almost blindly but who knows…

Well.... progress :)

I can boot happily with the new DSDT, the driver no longer panics. But the card is still coming up as having only 5MB of memory (which I am assuming to mean is not detected properly)