[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

@bangity

(surfaceosx)

it seems that you are a bit confused.

• i have not provided any "graphic injector"

the files i've provided are: base kexts for boot (fakesmc, usb3, voodoohda) and a folder called EFI that contain some files and "the main" file [config.plist] that contain a string called ig platform id that enable graphics and boot without safe.

you can use those file even on the efi partition of the usbpen (you'll be able to boot unsafely)

doing this i was able to get full graphics acceleration even in the osx installer.

i'm sorry but i haven't got time to make "step by step" guide with screenshots, and i'll not do that, since i think that hackintoshing must be a little tricky

btw 

i did the whole process various times using "my guide" and THE WHOLE installation (osx and windows) takes approximately forty minutes for someone with a little knowledge on hackintosh.

P.s.

during clover installation select customize and pin: EFI and EFIDRIVERS. (remember to select the correct drive)

cheers!

@JahStories

I did not use the Graphic Injector you provided. It booted normally after the copied the two kext files at the end of installation (this got me out of bluetooth transporter error). The only thing not working is Sound & AppStore. There is HiDPI for up to 720p when I used the sudo command. But Switchresx is useless when I try to add scaled resolution.

I used USB dongle for AppStore. It would not let me Sign In at all! When I do that on VM's, it works just fine.

Thanks!

(osxSurfacePro) @JahStories

Mavericks Vanilla Installation was a little confusing. It didn't boot when I followed unless I compied all the kexts to both 10.8 and Other. I am sorry but this is my first time creating a mac installer.

I was able to do fine up to conpying the Packages folder to the usb drive after removing the link. Can you clarify the steps after that? such as customizing Clover installation. Clicking next all the way won't boot either. and what is the Extra folder? Do I have to use the kexts suggested in the Vanila guide?

It would be nice if you can complete the whole guide specifically for the surface Pro

"It booted normally after the copied the two kext files at the end of installation (this got me out of bluetooth transporter error). "

What two kext files did you copy at the end of the installation? 

Please guys let's keep using badges!

(surfaceosx) (surface2osx) (surfacewin) (surface2win) (androsurface) (androsurface2)

@jacobbloy

I've asked that question in the main clover thread here in insanelymac, and the answer was that probably will be released when they'll have more info about pen, touch.

I didn't asked about the usage of the volume keys.

you can ask here

@chinatownabc

you don't have to forget these steps

and if you are on the surface one don't mix files use only the pack provided on the main post for surface1.

From the guide:

At the end of the installation open terminal from the utility menu on top, (if the computer reboots select the installer under clover again) and

Type:

• OLD cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/“PENDRIVE”/System/Library/Extensions/ OLD
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"PENDRIVE"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext /Volumes/"PENDRIVE"/System/Library/Extensions/

(surfaceosx) (surface2osx) (surfacewin) (surface2win) (androsurface) (androsurface2)

(surfaceosx) (surface2osx) (surfacewin) (surface2win) (androsurface) (androsurface2)

@jacobbloy

I've asked that question in the main clover thread here in insanelymac, and the answer was that probably will be released when they'll have more info about pen, touch.

I didn't asked about the usage of the volume keys.

you can ask here

@chinatownabc

you don't have to forget these steps

From the guide:

At the end of the installation open terminal from the utility menu on top, (if the computer reboots select the installer under clover again) and

Type:

• OLD cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/“PENDRIVE”/System/Library/Extensions/ OLD
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"PENDRIVE"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext /Volumes/"PENDRIVE"/System/Library/Extensions/

(surfaceosx) (surface2osx) (surfacewin) (surface2win) (androsurface) (androsurface2)

I did do that and I had an error message saying files are same so not copied

• cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"PENDRIVE"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext /Volumes/"PENDRIVE"/System/Library/Extensions/

(JahStories)

Sorry I am getting confused with the surface one  and surface 2 being in same post. These two kexts were you talking about SP1 or SP2? Or is it the same to get it to boot up after install.

try dropping it in... I did it along with the other cp -R commands...

Hey so I tried dropping it in and still didn't work, But I am worried my kexts i put in were wrong or I am missing something. I put in FakeSMC and AppleIntelPowerManagment and ACIPBattery I believe and would these be different for SP1 and SP2? Cause that could be possible too.

@dinosaurcam

you are getting confused cause people is forgetting to use the badges (nothing so easy as coping it and pasting it to your posts)

i've provided files only for the first surface pro, and you have to use only that pack on the first surface DON't mix files.

if you are running a surface pro 2 there isn't any specific files pack, you have to use an haswell kernel (mach_kernel) (provided a few post ago) instead of the one extracted by pacifist, you can ask for help to Antilogic32Max13 or SonicRaT they successfully booted installed Osx in the surface pro 2

and take a read of this #191.

and remember that I CANNOT HELP (i've the first surface)

(surface2osx)

Hi Everyone!  I am very new to this so please excuse the barrage of possibly stupid questions...! (questions in BLUE btw)

I recently spoiled myself pre-xmas and bought the new SP2 256GB. 2 days from getting it managed to get Mavericks running on it using the guide and some help via JahStories. (Many THX!  :thumbsup_anim:  ) Also SonicRat for the SP2 section!

So here is where I am at.  I followed the guide the usual way.  I used the kexts supplied in the first post.  I DID NOT USE THE DSDT/SSDT PATCHES! I used the patched mavericks haswell mach_kernel.

The only steps I took additional to the guide was to copy the modded haswell "mach kernel" from the flashdrive to the OSX root dir. (when doing the other cp -R commands to move kexts post installer in terminal)

If I don't do this I cannot get the machine to boot... even with -x-v or any combination (it seems, but I did try a load of things and could have missed something)

I then with the help of JahStories changed the injected GFX code from 0x0000000 to 0x1660009

When booting, I start Clover, change the code under injected GFX, then boot up normally or (sometimes without caches/ -v so I can see a bit more)

I get to the desktop, there is no sound or wifi as expected at the moment. The Injected code makes the installation see the injected GFX card as generic with 7mb memory.

Is there any way to change how much memory the injected gfx card has, or would this involve kernel/DSDT/SSDT patches? or something done from clover?

The main problem however, is that I cannot install clover onto this OSX volume.  It starts installing and fails halfway through. a normal install works, but I need the UEFI loader right?  It seems to fail when trying to create/mount the EFI partition.  (Could this be because of permission issues, or because there is already a disk01s and Disk02s as partitions for the Win 8.1 install (untouched, just resized)

So yeah, other issue that I am having is not being able to install my USB 3.0 Network card.  (The driver is 10.9 ready).  Which makes things even more frustrating..

And I am able to install other things such as NTFS drivers (to write to NTFS - Paragon drivers) So it is not a generic installer panic before you go down that line... :)

If anyone is willing to shed some light... it would be much appreciated.  Also, If anyone wants me to test/dump/log something, let me know and I will try my best! :)

Thanks in advance to all the people that help sharpen the bleeding edge of this technological sword! :thumbsup_anim:

Surface pro 2

I am suck at the same point. I finally got in my mavericks. I guts I didn't realize the Mach kernel needed to go on mavericks install. I put it on USB only. Anyways did you get it work with have windows already on it or did you have to wipe everything on Mac install ad format there? Just curious before I wipe my system for the 4 time.

Surface Pro 2

I wiped my entire drive re-installed Mavericks Clover ran this time on Mavericks disk. Doesn't boot without USB though. I am not sure if I have the right files. I have a jumble mess of stuff i have collected, and not sure what is right. Is anything from Surface pro install that I can use. Do I install files from Surface pro install for efi drive? or are those going to be wrong? THanks for everyones help.

(surface2osx)

Surface Pro 2

I wiped my entire drive re-installed Mavericks Clover ran this time on Mavericks disk. Doesn't boot without USB though. I am not sure if I have the right files. I have a jumble mess of stuff i have collected, and not sure what is right. Is anything from Surface pro install that I can use. Do I install files from Surface pro install for efi drive? or are those going to be wrong? THanks for everyones help.

Right.

Step 1 - Take a deep breath or swear loudly, whatever works

Step 2 - Delete all your jumble of files.

Step 3 - Kick yourself, as there is no official support for this yet!

Step 4  - REPEAT Step 1

Step 5  - Read the Forum from page 1,carefully,  post by post.  All the info is there... really it is! :)

Step 6 - Start downloading/installing again

To answer you previous question. ref: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292645-guide-surface-pro-dual-boot-osx-109gm-win-81rtm/page-10?do=findComment&comment=1974394

I did not remove my Windows install. I simply re sized the windows partition and installed OSX to the newly freed up space.  This does however lead to a situation where you might not be able to install clover on the surface due to windows having the first efi partitions allocated for it. Still not sure about this, all I know is I couldn't get clover to install natively.

It took me about 6 or 7 tries and failed installations before mine worked.  Even when I was successful, OSX could still refuse to shut down some times, forcing me to do a hard shutdown and corrupting the filesystem. Then forcing me to re-install or rebuild or summing i.e IT IS NOT VERY STABLE AT THE MOMENT

I use this tablet partly for work (controlling a camera) So removing windows isn't an option for me until xmas time when I have enough time to tinker.  Then I might make some progress i.t.o a installation from a clean surface ssd.

If I get there I will try to collect the files logically and compile some steps in a post, but I AM NOT PROMISING ANYTHING.

Until then, happy hacking! :) and remember, when in doubt, Repeat STEP 1 ! :)

thanks Antilogic32:)

(surface2osx)

i'd like to add two tips:

• Organize your downloaded files in folders

• since the surface pro 2 is an Haswell processor driven tab, you can search the forum for successful osx installation on other haswell notebooks, and take a look on how they fixed the system, if the processor is the same, probably the same fixes will be needed.

• don't use dsdts and ssdts tables, they are system specific files.

p.s.

@Antilogic32

i'm on gmt +1 if you want to make a guide

we can have a Skype call

and i can try to help.

thanks.

• Like 1

(surface2osx)

Hi all!  Just to confirm It is possible to install to and boot from the MicroSD Slot in the same way as you would with the USB.

Just did a fresh install of mavericks to a 64GB SD and booted.  After installing clover to sd card, I copied the EFI folder from my USB to the EFI on the SD card. and booted with injected gfx, no caches and injected kexts.

So It does work... :)

-- afterthoughts --

also this makes it a whole lot easier to play with the installed OS, as the disk is removable as opposed to the internal disk!  I have a macbook pro, so cloning my apps and setting across was a breeze using a selective carbon copy cloner session.

btw...

I spent the cash and got this :microsd-extremeplus-64g-small.pngSanDisk Extreme PLUS microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I Card Up to 80/50MB/s ** read/write speed!!

I have quite an array of stuff on my mac install (even when stripped out it is 50+ gb) and this teeny card seems to handle it really well. better than a 7200 rpm hdd anyway... :D  So, well worth the cash if you have it!

@Antilogic32

Nice to know! 

i'd like to install windows 8.1 on the external sd, but as far as i remember, windows installer don't see or accept it...

since i don't have a 64gig card to test if someone succeed in doing this 

report it back :D

danke!

Good work ;)

p.s.

you can easily hide unwanted icons at clover boot screen, if you need help on configuring correctly the config.plist you can use clover configurator. 

for the audio, you can try different voodoohda versions...

& if you want to help try to dump and fix the dsdt and ssdt tables.

and remember to try to fix qe ci as first, main problem, since without acceleration osx it unuseful.

(Surface2OSX)

(Surface2OSX)

This is great. Yeah this how I want to do it to micro sd. A guide with files would be great. Do you have other stuff working? Sound wifi with USB wifi dongle?

Did you even watch the video? No sound (yet, but should be possible), no wifi (I dont have a stick either), no bluetooth. NO QE/CI.

I am still experimenting, and don't think it is needed to post a guide again, when it gets you to the same point I can get with the current guide/files.

When I make progress beyond this point, I will try to compile some info... (i.e when I get wifi, sound or bluetooth or QE/CI working)  Also, I will dump my dsdt and ssdt tables soon and request help in other forums regarding fixing/patching them....

(Surface2OSX)

Did you even watch the video? No sound (yet, but should be possible), no wifi (I dont have a stick either), no bluetooth. NO QE/CI.

I am still experimenting, and don't think it is needed to post a guide again, when it gets you to the same point I can get with the current guide/files.

When I make progress beyond this point, I will try to compile some info... (i.e when I get wifi, sound or bluetooth or QE/CI working)  Also, I will dump my dsdt and ssdt tables soon and request help in other forums regarding fixing/patching them....

(Surface2OSX)

Sorry I had not watched, I did now. I guess I am in basically the same place. I have a wifi dongle and a USB to Ethernet and neither show in system under network. I assume I need to find kexts for them? And sorry if mentioning  this is bad here but will chameleon work for installing some stuff, minus the boot loader?

What device? etc etc. please specify...

"Microsoft, SurfacePro Pen, USB" can not calibrate it, it does not show up in the driver console, do I need to do any thing before installing the drivers?

The drivers pack I purchased does not even have "Atmel,maXTouch Digitizer (8xxx), USB" support I have contacted them but the trial software works fine for the digitizer but not pen.

Thanks for your help