• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

bluenote56

bluenote56

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, books, hi-end hi fi, computers, electronics.

After the graphic issue now with DP5 everything is ok. I just had to do the usual thing for ALC892, trim enable and Intel HD 3000 with kext utility.

wader1111

wader1111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Awesome!!! updated to DP5 and everything works well! and can't wait to try out iBooks :D But right after you click the restart button in the software update window, you need to unplug your HMDI cable...or else it'll hang with that white screen with the spinning icon in the center before it even gets to the installing update screen. At least that's how it was for me. Oh and the new iTunes Radio is pretty awesome...and it now shuts down like twice as fast as DP4. Love it! no new bugs or issues as far as I know!

nhoc_maruko9x

nhoc_maruko9x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Awesome!!! updated to DP5 and everything works well! and can't wait to try out iBooks :D But right after you click the restart button in the software update window, you need to unplug your HMDI cable...or else it'll hang with that white screen with the spinning icon in the center before it even gets to the installing update screen. At least that's how it was for me. Oh and the new iTunes Radio is pretty awesome...and it now shuts down like twice as fast as DP4. Love it! no new bugs or issues as far as I know!

Do you have to reinstall any kexts after update?

Picasso

Picasso

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

You are talking about Upgrade to DP5 and we are stuck in the instalation of DP4... Any suggestion?

prezrok

prezrok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You are talking about Upgrade to DP5 and we are stuck in the instalation of DP4... Any suggestion?

Get a DVI cable, I read through the entire conversation, unplugging and replugging hdmi didn't work for me. I tried using dvi instead and presto, it worked, now I can update to DP5.

Alternatively, if you have a real Mac, you can take your hard drive out, buy an external hdd enclosure, plug it into your Mac via usb, boot into the drive from a real Mac and run your update. But, honestly, just go with method 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy