• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Enigma 2 - Hackintosh - Apple - Android -XBMC - Dreambox - Linux - CPU Overclocking - Woman - Sk...
Many thxs ! i'm still trying ... thxs for the terminal option ... hopefully after the terminal commands i can finally boot my hackintosh ! :star_sunglasses: :wink2:

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Enigma 2 - Hackintosh - Apple - Android -XBMC - Dreambox - Linux - CPU Overclocking - Woman - Sk...
HELL YEAH !!! Finally i got it working with " pmmc '' files .... i don't know why but ... he got more files for clover.... i used his files to boot os x and FINALLY no more KP'S !!! THANK YOU !!!

TonyHailway

TonyHailway

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thank you! Waiting for my friend to come around with his MacBook:)

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

Not your average black guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Ok, while I already have my beast of a rig running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 as shown here, I also have a HP Pavillion g6-1d98dx, w/ an AMD A6-3420M Quad-core processor, and AMD Radeon HD 6520G graphics. I've been trying like hell to get anything, from Leopard to Mountain Lion on this b*tch, and all I could get was a blank screen on a good day. And if I read this thread correctly, I just need to boot the installer with Clover instead of Chameleon (with AnV's amd kernel) right? Because this locked InsydeH20 BIOS is the worst thing thats ever been put on a PC. So, am I correct? Can I use the Clover v2_r1717 installer to install Clover on to my USB installer and boot from it, or do I need something specific? Thanks

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,833 posts

And if I read this thread correctly, I just need to boot the installer with Clover instead of Chameleon (with AnV's amd kernel) right?

Yes.

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Yes.

Ok, trying this now. I'll report back with my results. Thank you for replying

EDIT: Keep getting a boot0 error. Pretty sure I screwed up something. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

mnugent93

mnugent93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I got ML to install on HP G7-2111nr with AMD A6-4400M. However I can only boot in uefi mode and no matter what kexts I use, I cannot get sound. Anyone been able to get sound?

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Gaming, Mechanical Engineering and so on :P

I got ML to install on HP G7-2111nr with AMD A6-4400M. However I can only boot in uefi mode and no matter what kexts I use, I cannot get sound. Anyone been able to get sound?

yeah i got sound. but you installed? in the instalation you cant get sound.. just on the installed partition ;D

mnugent93

mnugent93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

yeah i got sound. but you installed? in the instalation you cant get sound.. just on the installed partition ;D

I meant the partition. Post install I've got everything but sound. I've got WiFi with a USB wireless adapter and graphics but no sound

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I meant the partition. Post install I've got everything but sound. I've got WiFi with a USB wireless adapter and graphics but no sound

you got graphics? well...your luckier than me ;) whats your graphics card?

mnugent93

mnugent93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

you got graphics? well...your luckier than me ;) whats your graphics card?

My graphics card is Radeon HD 7520G the hackintosh recognizes it as an HD display and I can change screen sizes and all. I'm curious as to why my sound wont work. ive tried various kexts and either get a kp or the sound just doesnt happen :/

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

My graphics card is Radeon HD 7520G the hackintosh recognizes it as an HD display and I can change screen sizes and all. I'm curious as to why my sound wont work. ive tried various kexts and either get a kp or the sound just doesnt happen :/

Do you actually have QE/CI working?

mnugent93

mnugent93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Do you actually have QE/CI working?

I did yes. But i can only boot in safe mode so none of my installed kexts seem to come up

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
But QE/CI doesn't work in safe mode. Or do you mean you were able to boot without safe mode before and QE/CI worked then?

I'm curious because I somehow thought QE/CI doesn't work with APUs (But it would be awesome if it does!).

mnugent93

mnugent93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

But QE/CI doesn't work in safe mode. Or do you mean you were able to boot without safe mode before and QE/CI worked then?

I'm curious because I somehow thought QE/CI doesn't work with APUs (But it would be awesome if it does!).

I had QE/CI working without safemode. i think it had something to do with a post install program or something but im not certain. but then in my zeal for sound i tried various sound kexts (uninstallling one before trying the next, of course) and now i get kernel panics on either startup or after like 30 minutes whenever i try to install sound without being in safe mode.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

But..dude..that is my graphics card..why didnt that happen to me??? :o

mnugent93

mnugent93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

But..dude..that is my graphics card..why didnt that happen to me??? :o

I know. i can not remember what i did to get it that way. i'll try back tracking to see what i did once i can get into the partition. Im still trying to figure out how you have sound but i dont. Both are altec lansing with dolby advanced audio but ive tried the audio kexts from your clover restore and none have worked :(. right now, i get a kp on boot dealing with voodoohda. i also misplaced my wireless usb adapter so i dont have internet on my hackintosh partition since my wifi card is not supported in hackintosh

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I got sound ... voodoo battery is working ... but no LAN and GPU .. so " mnugent93 '' what kext are you useing for the GPU ..? ( check system info )

mnugent93

mnugent93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I got sound ... voodoo battery is working ... but no LAN and GPU .. so " mnugent93 '' what kext are you useing for the GPU ..? ( check system info )

Well i checked system info and it says no kext loaded for my graphics card. voodoo battery works, but no sound no matter what kext i use for that

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Does anyone think my laptop has a shot of running ML? I would like to dual boot ML with Windows 8, but if it won't work i always have my rig to fall back on. Here's my specs again:

HP Pavillion G6-1d98dx
AMD A6-3420M APU w/ Radeon HD 6520G graphics
I've tried just about everything. At first i tried a distro because i was desperate. It actually tried to boot, but I got the "Still waiting for root device" errors because I can't change the SATA mode to AHCI thanks to InsydeH20's crappy locked BIOS. When I tried to boot a retail copy from USB like i did my rig, all I get is a black screen, no reboots nor verbose messages, just a black screen. Then I installed the Clover bootloader to my USB, and my system wouldn't even acknowledge the USB stick. :mad: I'm not sure if this laptop uses UEFI or not, i know it boots 10x faster than a normal BIOS would.
So, if anyone thinks this laptop has a chance, plz let me know. Thanks.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy