• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

giacomoleopardo

giacomoleopardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I'm glad you've got success. And thanks for reporting results!
Cheers!
G.

kidalive

kidalive

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

giacomoleopardo, on 01 May 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Genzai, the more info you post, the more easy is to understand (or guess) what the problem could be. Furthermore, please post a virgin dsdt and if you have one already, post what patch did you apply. On my boards, I've tested usb3.0 ports via internal header and they work as expected.

Hello, man. I used your DSDT patch it made USB 3.0 ports reading USB 2.0 devices, but the issues is it broken the sleep and wake, any idea?
My MB is GA-Z77-D3H-MVP similar to yours. I`m booting with Clover UEFI with no USB Injection or clock-id settings in my config.plist. Using this patch you found sleep turns out to be reboot.
My clean DSDT attached below.Attached File  dsdt_A.zip   26.65KB   4 downloads

Mieze

Mieze

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Cats

Hello, man. I used your DSDT patch it made USB 3.0 ports reading USB 2.0 devices, but the issues is it broken the sleep and wake, any idea?
My MB is GA-Z77-D3H-MVP similar to yours. I`m booting with Clover UEFI with no USB Injection or clock-id settings in my config.plist. Using this patch you found sleep turns out to be reboot.
My clean DSDT attached below.attachicon.gifdsdt_A.zip

It's a Clover issue, not a problem of the patch. My system used to wakeup with Clover r1022 but after I updated to r1914 trying to wake up from sleep results in a reboot too. The log files indicates that the KP is related to FakeSMC.kext but I haven't found time to track down the cause of the problem. A quick test with a bootloader of the Chameleon family didn't show any problem. Sleep and wakeup seem to work as expected with this configuration.

Mieze

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

I have a Gigabyte Z77-UD3H rev 1.1 with no DSDT and GenericUSBXHCI.  Sleep works, wake works, USB 3.0 seem to work without any problems and now work with 2.0 devices as well.

Earlier I was using 10.7.5 and the stock Apple drivers for the Intel USB 3.0 and could only use USB 3.0 devices in the USB 3.0 ports.

Thanks!

Edit:  hmmm..experiencing freezes and lockups.  troubleshooting.

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I tried to do this for my HP laptop but got 201 errors in first step. I have no previous DSDT and I made the virgin DSDT with DSDT editor. Should this work with qm77 chipset?

giacomoleopardo

giacomoleopardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

I tried to do this for my HP laptop but got 201 errors in first step. I have no previous DSDT and I made the virgin DSDT with DSDT editor. Should this work with qm77 chipset?

I don't know much about laptops, sorry. Maybe you'll find better support on laptop section. Furthermore, I know Rehabman has somewhere in his repo a lot of dsdt patches for laptop pcs. Check it out, it could be very helpful!

midi :D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Hi, 

I used GenericUSBXHCI.kext and I can't get the computer to sleep (all the other conditions are there), cuz if there is any USB (storage devices especially) it prevent the computer from sleep and when it just wakes it turns off.

Is there any relation w/ the kext? Should I use the DSDT patch instead? I have Intel 7 Series Controller and 2 USB3.0 and 1 USB2.0 (connected to the same controller)

Mieze

Mieze

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 357 posts

Hi, 

I used GenericUSBXHCI.kext and I can't get the computer to sleep (all the other conditions are there), cuz if there is any USB (storage devices especially) it prevent the computer from sleep and when it just wakes it turns off.

Is there any relation w/ the kext? Should I use the DSDT patch instead? I have Intel 7 Series Controller and 2 USB3.0 and 1 USB2.0 (connected to the same controller)

Yes, try the patch as it makes GenericUSBXHCI.kext obsolete.

Mieze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

OK I'll try :D

All@n

All@n

InsanelyMac Universum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

man, I tried to follow this tutorial, but it did not work.

very devices do not exist in my DSDT.

can help me?

Attached File  DSDT.aml pure.zip   16.05KB   5 downloads

this DSDT contains patch only for USB 2.
Attached File  DSDT.aml without patch in XHC.zip   16.86KB   2 downloads

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I don't really know how to edit DSDTs ( I usually use .txt patches :/ ) and when I tried I got 121 Errors (+ the warnings that I already have).

Well can someone help me?

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   15.01KB   5 downloads

All@n

All@n

InsanelyMac Universum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

is impossible for me!!  :(

I tried again and again but only gives error.

ila225

ila225

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • On Gigabyte I had some issues. Basically every device is properly recognized, but with both methods they're disconnected after wake from sleep. This happens in every usb port: 2.0 and 3.0 as well. Furthermore GenericUSBXHCI.kext method seems to compromise my apple usb keyboard hub until I unplug the device connected and remounted after sleep (hdd or flash drive). That doesn't happen when applying DSDT patch. So in this case DSDT patch has my +1. I can't really say why it happens, maybe something in Gigabyte Uefi Bios has to be set in another way, or maybe some other dsdt string to be changed...really don't know.

Hey guys, perhaps someone would help me keep my sanity.

First, has anyone managed to fix this issue?

If not, which patch is giacomoleopardo talking about, all those coded fixes? If so, has anyone complied that into a patch that can be used in MaciASL?

My problem is exactly that, sleep, wake, no USB.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP, and right now running with XHCI Mode: Enabled, XHCI Hand-off: Enabled, EHCI Hand-off: Enabled.

Thanks in advance.

Mieze

Mieze

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 357 posts

This patch is only for 7 series main boards. There seems to be something similar for 8 series main boards but it is not that important and I haven't found the time to dig deeper into Apple's Haswell DSDTs.

Mieze

ila225

ila225

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

This patch is only for 7 series main boards. There seems to be something similar for 8 series main boards but it is not that important and I haven't found the time to dig deeper into Apple's Haswell DSDTs.

Mieze

Thanks Mieze.

I guess I'll just have to keep looking for it. =)

mlc130104

mlc130104

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi!

I have gone thru the guide twice, once under OS X, once under Windows, but I still get the same error. Would you mind to fix that for me?

Attached File  2014-04-06_003134.png   5.96KB   0 downloads

My DSDT.aml after Step #2

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,833 posts

Hi!

I have gone thru the guide twice, once under OS X, once under Windows, but I still get the same error. Would you mind to fix that for me?

attachicon.gif2014-04-06_003134.png

My DSDT.aml after Step #2

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

You must add patch for dtgp

mlc130104

mlc130104

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You must add patch for dtgp

what do you mean? did i miss some steps in this guide? or the DTGP patch is available somewhere else?

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,833 posts

You have not lost anything, you just have to apply the patch DTGP

This is your dsdt with applied dtgp patch

Attached Files

mlc130104

mlc130104

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You have not lost anything, you just have to apply the patch DTGP

This is your dsdt with applied dtgp patch

I will try the DSDT.aml after I get back to home. Thanks so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy