• 588 posts
http://www.insanelym...ps-integration/

Crabhunter

Crabhunter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
That post is four months old, there must be some news or a beta by now.
Mike

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 921 posts
Yes, there will not be a retail version anymore and 10.9 will not be available in App Store, the only way to download it is through recovery option on a real Mac with new EFI firmware.

New hardware DRM system will make Chameleon and Clover absolutely non-relevant and require a totally new bootloader in order to make 10.9 to boot on a PC.

Also, there's some bad news for Mac users: 10.9 will not run on earlier models due to hardware limitations and will run on Late 2013 Macs only.

Just kidding, lol.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod
OMFG, I was really upset with your post before I read your last word. LOL

Crabhunter

Crabhunter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Yeah, had me going for a bit too :)
Really though, no news?
Mike

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
9to5mac.com is where I got the info for that post. MacRumors.com is also a good place to get info, but both have been dry for months. 10.8.3 and .4 have been taking most of the headlines. Check out those sites frequently for any more updates or just check back here - I'm pretty good about keeping up on the rumors about the next full OSX release.

cwestpha

cwestpha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Most likely 10.9 development has taken a hit as Apple recently redirected some development assets from it to get iOS7 out the door faster. I think Apple is afraid that with Android's pace of development and now a few Android tablets starting to penetrate the market enough to be development targets they need to refresh their mobile OS ASAP before they lose more marketshare in their core business. I just hope they dont decide to change the underlaying core OS to much again and just focus on user facing and fixing what they broke in ML.
Graphics drivers are still problematic, OpenGL is out of date with oddities laying around, the USB subsystem behaves strangely since the xhci code has been added to it, and there are plenty of general bugs still hanging around. Besides; they need to clean out the last of their Java, X11, and other projects they are relegating to third-party support so we can get rid of these mixed implementations that still have old out of date garbage laying around.
Apple has a ton of work to get 10.9 where 10.8 should have been all along I just hope they start taking OS X seriously again.
  • p.H likes this

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:AKern@RampageDev.com

Yes, there will not be a retail version anymore and 10.9 will not be available in App Store, the only way to download it is through recovery option on a real Mac with new EFI firmware.

New hardware DRM system will make Chameleon and Clover absolutely non-relevant and require a totally new bootloader in order to make 10.9 to boot on a PC.

Also, there's some bad news for Mac users: 10.9 will not run on earlier models due to hardware limitations and will run on Late 2013 Macs only.

Just kidding, lol.

I was about to write something harsh but then I realized there are kids in the room... Just kidding. Loved the post but Apple does plan to make the recovery partition more important so in the future you could see the app being automatically being downloaded to the recovery partition.

Nothing as of late. At this point it is almost safe to say we are looking at a late Q3 early Q4 release.

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,695 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
No official beta to the devs yet.
I would be the first to know (among other paying devs).
We'll see what comes up ;)

rvxtm

rvxtm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Tech, Science, Biology, OSX86 stuff
Had a scare for a sec, but i think in the future apple may switch to ARM ios-mac hybrid...so it may well be kind of half truth for the next 10 years.

osullivan1

osullivan1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I reckon the DP will be released June 10, since WWDC will probably start that day, and it'll have similar new features to iOS 7 (which is partly why they haven't released it yet - it would give away new iOS 7 features).

I'm gonna guess Siri, Maps integration and Widgets in the App Store as the main 10.9 features. :)

Posted Image

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
This is "New" Releases and Updates, and NOT "NEWS" isn't it ?

Peace :D

ameris cyning

ameris cyning

Boycott the apostrophe

• Donators
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Deutschland, electronic music, Clover EFI
All I know is that if they plan to rid themselves of the Macbar in 10.9 I will revolt

Scellow

Scellow

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:while{true||false}
    {
    dream();
    }
I hope they'll add the support for iOS apps

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,085 posts

Its called Xcode my friend...

ameris cyning

ameris cyning

Boycott the apostrophe

• Donators
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Deutschland, electronic music, Clover EFI

Why in the world would you want that?

iOS apps are made for touch screen devices. They will not transfer that well over to the mouse and keyboard paradigm.

joeboe

joeboe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Really though, no news

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 3,033 posts
it's very likely that Apple will reveal the next OS X version (10.9) at WWDC 2013 which will take place on Juin 10 - 14 (to be confirmed)

with this, we can think that developers will have the DP1 2 weeks before. :D ;)

and when DP1 will be shared, you'll know it on IM :)

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,085 posts

it's very likely that Apple will reveal the next OS X version (10.9) at WWDC 2013 which will take place on Juin 10 - 14 (to be confirmed)

with this, we can think that developers will have the DP1 2 weeks before. :D ;)

and when DP1 will be shared, you'll know it on IM :)

No. This will never happen.

10.9 DP1 will be announced at WWDC not the final version. There is not enough time to do proper testing and developers would not stand for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy