http://olarila.com/f...php?f=27&t=1627

the computer restarts after tmsafetynet.kext

so i removed the kext

but after that the computer restarts at system.kext>unsupported.kext

can i remove unsupported.kext?

plz help!

i removed the unsupported.kext but after that it showed error in private.kext

plz help!

also i had a doubt that if my system restarts at suppose tmsafetynet.kext, then is it tmsafetynet.kext causing the problem or the one after this causing the problem?

image below if when i dint remove tmsafetynet.kext and the other when i removed unsupported.kext

post-1133532-0-94122200-1364807444_thumb.png

post-1133532-0-92791900-1364807504_thumb.png

hello

update in u profile u signature with u hardware.. is easy to us to see what are talking about.. something like i have in the bottom of my answer...

use the original image and post a photo of the kp...

don't remove nothing more , in post are talking of problematic kext... only that u can remove if any problem...

good hack

hello

with that specs.. forget ML

the graphics don't work, the ram is to small (2gb)

the graphics is the integrated one ? if so i think it only work in 32 bit arquitecture , ML is 64 bit...

good hack

hello

with that specs.. forget ML

the graphics don't work, the ram is to small (2gb)

the graphics is the integrated one ? if so i think it only work in 32 bit arquitecture , ML is 64 bit...

good hack

what about leopard?

will it work with that specs?

because i have kalyway and it has error in extensions.mkext

i restarts after that!

Any guide worth a damn regarding snow leopard will tell you to get the retail version. This CD is available from the Apple store (not the App store, I mean you have to pick up the telephone and call them). Getting the retail version of the CD for snow leopard gives you two benefits: 1> You're legit, unlike when you use a distro, 2> You'll have an easier time customizing the install rather than trying to fix a distro that may or may not have been customized for your hardware.

Once you get SL installed, you can update it to 10.6.8 and then download Lion if you wish.

• Like 2

Any guide worth a damn regarding snow leopard will tell you to get the retail version. This CD is available from the Apple store (not the App store, I mean you have to pick up the telephone and call them). Getting the retail version of the CD for snow leopard gives you two benefits: 1> You're legit, unlike when you use a distro, 2> You'll have an easier time customizing the install rather than trying to fix a distro that may or may not have been customized for your hardware.

Once you get SL installed, you can update it to 10.6.8 and then download Lion if you wish.

thanks bt as im a noob please could u please tell that once i have a cd, then how will i install it? i mean which loader should i use? and how to run it in 32 bit mode?

also will lion work because i cant find small snow leopard. all are 5 -6 files

lion is approximately 3-4 gb

my net connection is very slow

OK, maybe this will be last time? Not trying to sound mean, but this is for your own benefit! 3rd time you've asked this same questions:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287079-need-help-im-noob/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286660-comp-restart/

Answer is still the same:

Just deleting every kext because it restart is because problem with your hardware not supported and not fault of the kext. Reboot is probably not related to graphics and usually is a issue with mach_kernel not being compatible with CPU architecture (i.e. 64bit only ML mach_kernel on 32bit CPU, or mach_kernel on Atom or AMD CPU), but even if this is resolved, fact remains that there is no support available for your integrated graphics...period. Even if you manage to get an older version of OSX installed, it will be useless for anything more than maybe sending email (and that's if networking can work). All the things that make OSX cool (or any computer not totally suck) WON'T WORK! Windows 3.1 would offer a better user experience. You won't be able to do any "development". If you must wait a year to get a $30 graphics card that's supported, then wait a year and try then, or look for another old computer that maybe someone is giving away or going to throw out. Seriously. You are just very unlucky to have only that particular motherboard, other older models, or low powered netbooks with only GMA950 integrated graphics using patched kernel will actually work fine for basic web browsing and iTunes, but yours is just not suited to this. Maybe trade someone? Run OSX in VMware from Windows if it supports virtualization?

If you still insist on succeeding, just to be disappointed with the results even if you succeed, you'll want to use 10.5 to 10.6.7 but no higher versions. Use arch=i386 when booting, check BIOS that ACPI 2.0 is enabled, SATA set to AHCI. Since it's been very long since I installed either of those OSX versions, (and at the time I did I was still learning too) I can't give much more advice than that.

As I mentioned before, there is info here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/163142-1056-on-msi-g31m3-f/ with success installing 10.5 on same motherboard, although not to make onboard graphics work (cause they won't).

And here is same CPU on G41 mobo, not exactly the same, but close.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/218566-asus-p5g41t-m-lx-e5400-27-ghz-osx86-impossible/

• Like 3

It just occurred to me....as I had mentioned "Reboot is probably not related to graphics and usually is a issue with mach_kernel not being compatible with CPU architecture (i.e. 64bit only ML mach_kernel on 32bit CPU, or mach_kernel on Atom or AMD CPU)"

System.kext and Unsupported.kext are linked directly to the kernel (and can't be deleted if you want OSX to work), and your using dual core pentium....So you defiantly need to use legacy kernel. This will fix the reboot issue. Since you don't have existing install you need something like this http://prasys.info/2010/10/nawcoms-bootcd-the-sucessor-to-empireefi/ that will give option to use patched kernel to boot installer, and choose patched kernel during installation too.