• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
vinayakagarwal6996

need help. im noob!

12 posts in this topic

system specs:

intel pentium e5400 dual core @2.7ghz X86

msi g31tm-p21 (ms-7529)

chipset intel p35/g33/g31

no dedicated gpu

g31/33 express chipset family

ram 2gb ddr2

attached cpu-z spec file

i had downloaded this

iPC_OSx86_10.5.6

and one given in this page http://olarila.com/f...php?f=27&t=1627

plz help! i am geting error!

it restarts at extensions.mkext!

plz help! what should i do?

i am a noob!

thanks already!

on tying -v -f -x graphicsenabler=no cpus=1 npci=0*2000

d error in image below ocurs

DARKKNIGHT.txt

post-1133532-0-27855500-1363340647_thumb.jpg

hello

is important we know what is u graphics...

but with that config i advice u to install snow leopard 10.6.3 retail + nawcom mod cd

or Lion

forget Mountain Lion...

good hack

I mean what GPU chip is on the mobo, i.e. GMA X3100

Adapter Type Intel® GMA 3100, Intel Corporation compatible

hello

is important we know what is u graphics...

but with that config i advice u to install snow leopard 10.6.3 retail + nawcom mod cd

or Lion

forget Mountain Lion...

good hack

will this ipc not work? because ive tried 3 distros already and my net connection is slow ! it would take me a week to finish the download and i dont have any mac around nearby!

The problem with G31 (as well as with G41) is the on board graphics. Most G31 boards have GMA 3100 (not GMA X3100 which is supported), G41 has GMA X4500. Both ARE NOT supported in OS X. Period.

You have to use a discrete vga card (GF G210 as the cheapest option around 30EUR locally). Or buy a used one 8800GTX/GT.

The problem with G31 (as well as with G41) is the on board graphics. Most G31 boards have GMA 3100 (not GMA X3100 which is supported), G41 has GMA X4500. Both ARE NOT supported in OS X. Period.

You have to use a discrete vga card (GF G210 as the cheapest option around 30EUR locally). Or buy a used one 8800GTX/GT.

thx but i wont be allowed to buy it until next year!

From an ex-GMA3150 user: don't waste your time. Buy the discrete card (a HD5450 also will do): there's no solution when the chipset of the card is not supported. Unlike Linux, graphics drivers in OSX are not open source and there's little we can do. I was a noob once (not so long ago, hehehe) and when i was confronted with answers like that, i'd hope it was an inaccurate one. That's not the case here: if we could help you with your card, we would, but in this case there's no hope at all.

All the best!