Bug Reporting

eep357

41 posts in this topic

Hello Pandora's Box Beta testers! Here is a location to report any bugs, and as a beta, there will be bugs.

Please keep the comments here on topic, there are other topics to discuss any suggestions, opinions or support issues not related to a bug in the application.

Note: Please include any possible photos, screenshots, installation or system logs, etc so that we may be able to determine the cause and/or solution to your problem.

• Like 1

Quando durante l'installazione ho scelto di inserire il RecoveryHD, nella shell al termine del download e dell'inserimento, mi è comparso un errore:

"no space left on drive" e dopodichè non è comparso nessun messaggio di completamento della procedura, come riportato nella guida.

Sticaz mi son detto, la pendrive è da 32 Gb :)

Comunque, ho poi rimosso la periferica, l'ho provata, e funziona ugualmente, il recovery è ugualmente inserito nell'installer ^_^

---------------------

When during the installation I chose to enter the RecoveryHD in the shell at the end of the download and integration, appeared an error:

"no space left on drive" and after that it did not appear any message completion of the procedure, as described in the guide.

gosh I said, the flash drive is 32 GB

Anyway, I then removed the device, I tried it, and it works the same, the recovery is also enshrined in the installer

I tried this on my AMD running 10.6.8 64bit using Sinetek_pp kernel.

The icon just bounced on the dock several times then quit.

I then ran Pandora's Box.app/contents/MacOS/Pandora in terminal and received this:

/testing_folder/Pandora/Pandora.app/Contents/MacOS/Pandora ; exit;

-bash: yourusername: No such file or directory

petes-Mac:~ pete$ /Users/pete/Documents/testing_folder/Pandora/Pandora.app/Contents/MacOS/Pandora ; exit;

2013-03-24 15:57:04.990 Pandora[849:903] An uncaught exception was raised

2013-03-24 15:57:04.993 Pandora[849:903] *** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (NSPopover)

2013-03-24 15:57:04.995 Pandora[849:903] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidUnarchiveOperationException', reason: '*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (NSPopover)'

*** Call stack at first throw:

(

0 CoreFoundation 0x00007fff89631784 __exceptionPreprocess + 180

1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00007fff81656f03 objc_exception_throw + 45

2 CoreFoundation 0x00007fff896315a7 +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] + 103

3 CoreFoundation 0x00007fff89631534 +[NSException raise:format:] + 148

4 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4ad0a _decodeObjectBinary + 2427

5 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4a1fd _decodeObject + 208

6 AppKit 0x00007fff8990c20b -[NSNibConnector initWithCoder:] + 445

7 AppKit 0x00007fff8990c036 -[NSNibOutletConnector initWithCoder:] + 343

8 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4ad83 _decodeObjectBinary + 2548

9 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4ba89 -[NSKeyedUnarchiver _decodeArrayOfObjectsForKey:] + 1229

10 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4bfc9 -[NSArray(NSArray) initWithCoder:] + 462

11 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4ad83 _decodeObjectBinary + 2548

12 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4a1fd _decodeObject + 208

13 AppKit 0x00007fff8990b351 -[NSIBObjectData initWithCoder:] + 2046

14 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4ad83 _decodeObjectBinary + 2548

15 Foundation 0x00007fff81e4a1fd _decodeObject + 208

16 AppKit 0x00007fff8990aa41 loadNib + 146

17 AppKit 0x00007fff89909fa1 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:withZone:ownerBundle:] + 248

18 AppKit 0x00007fff89909dd9 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:] + 326

19 AppKit 0x00007fff8990735b NSApplicationMain + 279

20 Pandora 0x00000001fd718e14 start + 52

)

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'NSException'

Abort trap

logout

[Process completed]

not sure if this info will help you or not, but I thought you would like to know.

Hi CarmeB, I took the liberty of adding English translation, waiting to be opened also in the Italian section, I hope not to offend

Micky

Not a problem :) For the next time, i will write in english so anyone can read ^_^

• Like 1

Recovery HD creation failed in 10.7.4.

There were existing two partition, Machintosh HD and BootCamp.

I think root cause is Bootcamp Partition, right?

I couldn't reach the chameleon menu. I got the message :

"Error parsing plist file

reading ramdisk image: bt(0,0)/Extra/Preboot.dmg unmounting done Ramdisk contains no partitions"

I have a GA-Z77-DS3H v1.1 with i5 3750k, I booted with Legacy Bios.

It is not a problem for me anymore because I succeeded in a 10.8.3 install with your fantastic retail option (great option ! Keep it in final release please !) and clover.

I was trying to create a 10.7.4 USB installer with Pandora but received the following error:

cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MBR_DISTRIBUTION/N/A/Distribution: No such file or directory

I tracked it down to the following command in MLionize.sh:

hexdump -s 0x3E8050 -C "$BASE_TARGET/mach_kernel" | grep " [0-9][0-9]\.[0-9]\.[0-9]: "

(The above command is returning nothing and as such $OS_VERSION gets set to N/A)

For now I just set OS_VERSION to 10.7.4 and was able to create the USB installer.

However upon installation of the OS and selecting in the custom install to have the ATI kexts removed the installer log showed it looping to try and execute a skipAMD script but not finding it. So I reinstalled not selecting that option but still saw crash logs in the installer log (just showed /bin/sh crashing with no other info.) After installation and removing ATI kexts manually (needed for my 6970) I found that fakeSMC had not been installed either. Once I installed that I was able to boot into Lion ok.

I was trying to create a 10.7.4 USB installer with Pandora but received the following error:

cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MBR_DISTRIBUTION/N/A/Distribution: No such file or directory

In the next version (coming soon), this above is obsolete!..now is all "on the fly" :)

If

However upon installation of the OS and selecting in the custom install to have the ATI kexts removed the installer log showed it looping to try and execute a skipAMD script but not finding it. So I reinstalled not selecting that option but still saw crash logs in the installer log (just showed /bin/sh crashing with no other info.) After installation and removing ATI kexts manually (needed for my 6970) I found that fakeSMC had not been installed either. Once I installed that I was able to boot into Lion ok.

If Pandora has not installed fakeSMC, this is very strange because you're the first. However, it can be a symptom of an previous error.

Micky

I run Pandora, click install option then "proceed" then get this error.

Last login: Fri Apr 19 10:15:53 on ttys000

[Jotes-Computer:~] jote% /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/jote/Desktop/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Pandora-Lionizer.command "v1.12 (Beta 1)"

/Volumes/Macintosh: Command not found.

[Jotes-Computer:~] jote%

and it doesn't run.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello,

If is not posted yet this bug: At customize install, i check for AppleIntelE1000e.kext, and begin install, i get error screen saying "AppleIntelE1000e.kext no entry found or not found press continue to continue with the install", so i think it is not extracting from the pkg or zip because i am sure i saw this kext in pandora box app. To make it work straight i booted again on usb after install, open terminal and copy the kext manually with cp -R, repaired permissions, i was lucky because i have my own folder on the usb with some of my files, reboot, boot usb, boot osx and net working, could configure icloud etc.

LE: Also before selecting the smbios and after finishing copying the OS Pakages to usb, i always get: Error copying OSInstall.mpkg.

If for instance i want to delete from the packages the American Dictionary or Media Files, i boot than to install from USB the Pandora System Options dont apear, it apear normaly customize options to deselect packages.

You have a bug somewhere in path escaping definition.

When i run pre-install script on it's own, it quotes path to the lionizer.command correctly:

computer_name:~ user_name$ '/Users/user_name/Vault 0/Essential Software/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Pandora-Lionizer.command'

However, when i run the pandora installer, it does not escape the path and thus the blank char in "Vault 0" do create a problem. I fully expect it to fail on "Essential Software" again.

Julz here, post number 13 seems to have the same problem, judging prom his "Macintos HD" in the path.

computer_name:~ user_name$ /Users/user_name/Vault 0/Essential Software/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Pandora-Lionizer.command "v1.12 (Beta 1)"
-bash: /Users/user_name/Vault: No such file or directory

EDIT:

Sigh...

Copying OSInstall.mpkg to be patched
cp: /Users/user_name/Downloads/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MBR_DISTRIBUTION/1084/Distribution: No such file or directory

Looks like you don't have a check for the current situation. OSX from appstore is 10.8.4 and script is not ready yet. However it just fails, instead of warning about newer version.

computer_name:~ user_name$ ll /Users/user_name/Downloads/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/MBR_DISTRIBUTION/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1070
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1071
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1072
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1073
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1074
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1075
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1080
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1081
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1082
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 user_name staff 136 Jun 7 12:17 1083
drwxr-xr-x@ 32 user_name staff 1088 Jun 7 12:17 Resources

:TIDE

P.S. Usage of back-ticks for sub-shell is archaic and $() should be used instead. All current OSX come with bash 3 anyway.

P.P.S MLionize script looks like perl script in some places, almost completely unreadable. No bashing :) Just a tiny complaint from someone who wanted to understand what's under the hood.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I had not seen this post before.

The "current" Volume, although it has 1000 spaces in the name, it is always:  " / ", (also if are call "Macintos HD").

Pandora BETAmust be in "/Application/" and not in a folder (however escaping the path it was not blame by the command script).... and MLionize is not a perl script.:

Consider that everything is grouped by function: my colleagues wanted to put some comments.... It was for me, I would not have written anything (At least for the curious....==> joke :hysterical:), because when I read it I understand how to read the newspaper, for what he does! :)

Pandora Beta1 is Obsolete, and in the next release a pop up window warn if MBR a patch is missing (At the time, 10.8.3 was just released...3 months ago).

However, you will find that the script now does a lot of things in Automatic, and you will not see who is calling him!

Micky

• Like 1

OK, testing beta_2, round_1:

Disclaimer. Please note that anything written below is NOT, in any way, meant to offend or lecture. I just want to show the flow of my thoughts, along with comments that pop up in my head. You guys are doing great job with the installer :)

computer_name:~ user_name$ cd /Applications/Pandorab2.app/Contents/Resources/Base/
computer_name:Base user_name$ sudo bash MLionize.sh
314:360: execution error: Terminal got an error: AppleEvent handler failed. (-10000)

MLionize.sh: line 83: [: too many arguments
  ============================================================================
  |  ____                 _                   _     _             _                |
  | |  _ \ __ _ _ __   __| | ___  _ __ __ _  | |   (_) ___  _ __ (_)_______ _ __   |
  | | |_) / _` | '_ \ / _` |/ _ \| '__/ _` | | |   | |/ _ \| '_ \| |_  / _ \ '__|  |
  | |  __/ (_| | | | | (_| | (_) | | | (_| | | |___| | (_) | | | | |/ /  __/ |     |
  | |_|   \__,_|_| |_|\__,_|\___/|_|  \__,_| |_____|_|\___/|_| |_|_/___\___|_|     |
  |                                                                          |
  |                                                                          |
  |Script to make a PC bootable & patched Lion or Mountain Lion installer device |
  |       Pandora Lionizer v1.30 (Beta 2) (130) by InsanelyMac Staff         |
  ============================================================================

Would you create a USB or a DVD?
  1) USB
  2) DVD
  > 1
  ====================================================================================================================
  |                   ____                 _                   _     _             _                                 |
  |                  |  _ \ __ _ _ __   __| | ___  _ __ __ _  | |   (_) ___  _ __ (_)_______ _ __                    |
  |                  | |_) / _` | '_ \ / _` |/ _ \| '__/ _` | | |   | |/ _ \| '_ \| |_  / _ \ '__|                   |
  |                  |  __/ (_| | | | | (_| | (_) | | | (_| | | |___| | (_) | | | | |/ /  __/ |                      |
  |                  |_|   \__,_|_| |_|\__,_|\___/|_|  \__,_| |_____|_|\___/|_| |_|_/___\___|_|                      |
  |                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                  |
  |                  Script to make a PC bootable & patched Lion or Mountain Lion installer device                   |
  |                           Pandora Lionizer v1.30 (Beta 2) (130) by InsanelyMac Staff                             |
  ====================================================================================================================

Do you want to include your file: RecoveryHDUpdate.dmg, ACPI tables (dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml etc..), or your own custom smbios.plist?
  > N
rsync: link_stat "/Applications/Pandorab2.app/Contents/Resources/Base/./../../../../Pandora.app" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(992) [sender=2.6.9]
Oh well, seems like Pandora box does not want to cooperate. CROWBAR (read vim) ON IT!

1) "314:360: execution error: Terminal got an error: AppleEvent handler failed. (-10000)"

Unknown stuff to me, will have to read on about AppleEvent

2) Digging line 83 error

line 83:

if [ $kAppVersion = "(null)" ];then kAppVersion="Beta"; fi
Hm, ok, i guess that the problem is that kAppVersion param is not escaped as string. Let's dig further.

line 82:

kAppVersion="`$TOOLS_KEY \"App Version\"`"
line 80:

TOOLS_KEY="${SCRIPT_PATH}/bin/tools/tools --file-plist ${PREFERENCES_PLIST} -k"
line 67:

PREFERENCES_PLIST="$HOME/Library/Preferences/com.InsanelyMac.Pandora.plist"
line 62:

SCRIPT_PATH=$(dirname "$0" | sed -e "s/\\ /\\\ /g")
Putting it all together:

0 = MLionize.sh, therefore SCRIPT_PATH=.

not escaped as string, again, but whatnot, it's just a dot :)

$HOME=/Users/user_name, therefore PREFERENCES_PLIST=/Users/user_name/Library/Preferences/com.InsanelyMac.Pandora.plist

from which

TOOLS_KEY="./bin/tools/tools --file-plist /Users/user_name/Library/Preferences/com.InsanelyMac.Pandora.plist -k"

from which kAppVersion="v1.30 (Beta 2) (130)"

BINGO!

Each time parameter in bash is expanded, string or otherwise, it is sliced with the IFS. As such in test constructs for string comparison all parameters should be enclosed in quotes, unless word splitting and/or globbing is desired. The example above is clearly not the case.

Here, bash tries to evaluate v1.30, (Beta, 2) and (130) separately.

Fix:

if [ "$kAppVersion" = "(null)" ];then kAppVersion="Beta"; fi
There are a bunch of other parameters tested the same way which should be revised.

3) Digging the rsync error

It seems that it for some reason incorrectly detects the application name as "Pandora.app", despite the fact that i have renamed it.

First, find the entry point by the "usb" keyword.

function CREATE_USB()
looks valid.

From there

function ITSELF_COPY1()
looks just what i'm looking for.

Oh well, i see. The application name is hardcoded as "Pandora.app", therefore by renaming it to "Pandorab2.app" i've successfully killed it. I unfortunately have no idea whether it is possible to send the app name to the script, but i assume - yes. Few lines of added code = more freedom in usage. Not essential, but appreciated.

But, why there is no error handling for rsync failure? Moreover, the following "if" construct will pass on and function will return 0 status even if temp dir does not exist. As such the ITSELF_COPY2 function will also fail, as there will be no temp dir to move files from.

That was a quick review, and not so quick writing, but hopefully worth it. Cheers :)

Hey, we do not offend!

Indeed, we are pleased with these tests:

We plan to do an update for tonight, which will reach Vs Pandora.app.

To be completely honest, we made a last-minute change, and maybe some errors depend on that.

Let's fix

Micky

Please drag&drop the destination volume's icon device into this window.
/Volumes/usb 
------------------------------------------------------------------
15297496 KB freespace on /Volumes/usb

Less than 5,15GB free space left, aborting.
------------------------------------------------------------------
       Not enough free space on the USB stick / HDD, it takes about 5.15 GB of free space (minimum size 8GB?). Press any key to exit ..

By my calculations, the free space is greater than 5GB.  This is a 16GB USB drive.

Using beta 2 that I just downloaded (June 25, 2013).

Thanks.

Recovery partition won't create

This is the log

Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost runner[3167]: Administrator authorization granted.
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: ================================================================================
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: User picked Custom Install
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Choices selected for installation:
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Upgrade: "Pandora's Box"
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Upgrade: "InsanelyMac Options"
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Pandora_log.pkg : com.Micky1979-insanelymac.pkg.Pandora_log : 1.0
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Install: "RecoveryHD"
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: RecoveryHD.pkg : com.Micky1979-insanelymac.pkg.RecoveryHD : 1.0
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Pandora_notifier.pkg : com.Micky1979-insanelymac.pkg.Pandora_notifier : 1.0
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: ================================================================================
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: It took 0.00 seconds to summarize the package selections.
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Set authorization level to root for session
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Will use PK session
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Starting installation:
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Configuring volume "Macintosh HD"
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Preparing disk for local booted install.
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Free space on "Macintosh HD": 17.65 GB (17652977664 bytes).
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Create temporary directory "/var/folders/jf/gkldy8m56w5c7s_dqx26y4qr0000gn/T//Install.30897kQQjD"
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: IFPKInstallElement (3 packages)
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: Using authorization level of root for IFPKInstallElement
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Adding client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=3089, uid=501 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer)
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost Installer[3089]: PackageKit: Enqueuing install with boosting
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: request=PKInstallRequest <3 packages, destination=/>
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: packages=(

)
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Will do receipt-based obsoleting for package identifier com.Micky1979-insanelymac.pkg.Pandora_log (prefix path=)
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Will do receipt-based obsoleting for package identifier com.Micky1979-insanelymac.pkg.Pandora_notifier (prefix path=)

Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: prevent user idle system sleep
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: suspending backupd
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Using trashcan path /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/T/PKInstallSandboxTrash/CCF981B8-F1B4-4FC8-BF87-E3D07C34D381.sandboxTrash for sandbox /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/CCF981B8-F1B4-4FC8-BF87-E3D07C34D381.activeSandbox
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Shoving /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/CCF981B8-F1B4-4FC8-BF87-E3D07C34D381.activeSandbox/Root (0 items) to /
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Executing script "./postflight" in /Users/notsure/Downloads/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Insanelymac/PKG/Pandora_log.pkg/Contents/Resources
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost install_monitor[3174]: Temporarily excluding: /Applications, /Library, /System, /bin, /private, /sbin, /usr
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ---- temporary folder foud
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ---- tee already exist
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Executing script "./postflight" in /Users/notsure/Downloads/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Insanelymac/PKG/RecoveryHD.pkg/Contents/Resources
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ************** RecoveryHD (debug) Info: Inizialize **************
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ************** RecoveryHD (debug) Info: Inizialized **************
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ************** RecoveryHD (debug) Info: Checking disk partition type for volume "" **************
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ************** RecoveryHD (debug) Info: The disk partition type for "disk0" is "GUID_partition_scheme" **************
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ************** RecoveryHD (debug) Info: Checking for necessary files... **************
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost installd[2129]: ./postflight: ************** RecoveryHD (debug) Error: No such file or directory **************
Jun 26 00:58:53 localhost install_monitor[3174]: Re-included: /Applications, /Library, /System, /bin, /private, /sbin, /usr
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: releasing backupd
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: allow user idle system sleep

NSFilePath = "./postflight";
   NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cRecoveryHD.pkg\U201d.";

PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.marchrius.pkg.RecoveryHD";
}
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=3089, uid=501 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer)
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost installd[2129]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost Installer[3089]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost Installer[3089]: IFDInstallController 40BED0 state = 8
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost Installer[3089]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Jun 26 00:58:54 localhost Installer[3089]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using Path Finder and have enabled "Show Path Finder desktop" and "Disabled Finder's desktop". When I have enabled these options I get the following error when I use Pandora: "53:59: execution error: Finder got an error: Can’t get bounds of window of desktop. (-1728)". I never have encountered an application that has trouble with Path Finder.