Thoughts about AppleHDA patching on AMD hardware (ATI chipsets, nVidia)

AppleHDA AMD ATI Chipset nVidia chipset HDMI DSDT Codec Dump VoodooHDA

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Local Moderators
  • 1,965 posts

http://www.insanelym...njection/page-3

I have sent Toleda this message:

Hi Toleda showing my last test with patched AppleHDA by Meroni with DSDT.aml and your HDAEnabler12, with HEX patch
since only the hex patch Has Brought No Successes with the unpatched AppleHDA, I am now experimenting on.
In addition, I tried the PINConfiguration from my code_dump (from Linux and PINConfigurator modified) insert in your HDAEnabler.plist, this is the result-.
fascinating it is did is the AppleHDAController.kext loaded, see Figure 1

the Toleda replied:

The enabler Has found two codecs, Realtek and Nvidia. In IOREG, HDEF @ 14.2 is the Realtek codec, no AppleHDAController. 
In IOREG, there is so HDEF @ 0.1, the Nvidia codec with AppleHDAController. In Both cases, there is no audio. Without the 
enabler and with dsdt edits, you can get HDMI audio to work. Until AppleHDAController shows up attached to HDEF @ 14.2 
there is no chance for onboard audio.

perhaps has someone an idea?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next Test:

no luck with sound!

here my test with AppleHDA+HDAEnabler+VoodooHDA+DSDT without Kernel Panik!:

444895HDMI1.png

358314HDMI2.png

354542HDMI4.png

496925HDEF1.png

538216HDEF2.png

647343HDEF3.png

135349HDEF4.png

Now HDMI is detected but the sound can not be activated, by adjustment of the DSDT.aml can I detect the HDMI, but what next?

may need to be adjusted some but what??

Attached Files

Edited by spakk, 05 January 2014 - 02:21 AM.

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,963 posts

for HDMI Audio try this DSDT+AppleHDA Native.

Attached Files

• Attached File  DSDT.zip   14.34KB   8 downloads

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,182 posts

Now HDMI is detected but the sound can not be activated, by adjustment of the DSDT.aml can I detect the HDMI, but what next?

may need to be adjusted some but what??

Your dsdt/PEGP edits are not correct. GTX 550 ti HDMI audio is not natively supported in Mavericks.  Voodoo may be your only option.

florelit

florelit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

@gils83 

does ALC887_AMD_v5.zip  work for you?

DaMadOne

DaMadOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Just throwing mine out there in case it may help. the latest voodoHDA "works" though no multichanel. I have edited the plist in the codec to "enable" the other outputs and they show in the audio settings but are dead.

Asus Sabertooth 990fx v2

ALC892 onboard

Attached Files

diegoarmandozizi

diegoarmandozizi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

hi toledo I can not understand how to run hdmi audio on my computer (in signature p5qpl-qm......) this is my dsdt

best regards francesco

hi toledo I can not understand how to run hdmi audio on my computer (in signature p5qpl-qm......) this is my dsdt

best regards francescoAttached File  Dsdt.zip   38.14KB   1 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AppleHDA, AMD, ATI Chipset, nVidia chipset, HDMI, DSDT, Codec Dump, VoodooHDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy