• 9 posts
Worked for me!! thanks

Mazzimo

Mazzimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
cheers mate, i am actually first time online with my sony vaio running os x. thank you. :(

Neo-Keledai

Neo-Keledai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

cheers mate, i am actually first time online with my sony vaio running os x. thank you. ;)

How to check whether we successfull or not?

I follow every steps, but I don't know how to check.....

Could someone tell me HOW to check that NETWORK card is running properly?

How to change the IP address from DHCP into static?

Cheers,

Keledai

killerz

killerz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

How to check whether we successfull or not?

I follow every steps, but I don't know how to check.....

Could someone tell me HOW to check that NETWORK card is running properly?

How to change the IP address from DHCP into static?

Cheers,

Keledai

You should be able to see it under System Profile or something. There's a section to see the Static IP.

Go to top left Apple > System Info > More info. One of them on the list.

Sorry cant go into detail as i got my laptop fried. :)

loloski

loloski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
this is killing me :), i'm on 10.4.9 using 8.9.1 kernel it doesn't work i even backported my installation to 10.4.8 still doesn't work :P My notebook is Acer aspire 5570 ANWXCI, 88e8038

beresford

beresford

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
just wanna say thank you too ;)

my 88E8055 is now running with your guide :) . I had to change the bold 62 into a 63 like this : <string>0x436311AB</string>

and it works very fine :D

thx

bye siggi

thebye85

thebye85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Sure...

Hmm, the upload doesn't seem to work

This post has been edited by iCrash: Mar 13 2007, 08:32 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File IONetworkingFamily.kext.rar ( 523.5k ) Number of downloads: 65

Thank you for you "IONetworkingFamily.kext.rar "
And now my Network works perfect !!

BlueFalcon7

BlueFalcon7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hey, I have a Marvell 88E1116, and I was wondering, is there anything I can change to make it work, like the hardware ID (Which I have no clue on how to find) Because I have searched all around, and haven't found anything.

thanks.

romyloice

romyloice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Marvell Yukon 88E8038 VEN_11AB DEV_4352
Acer 5585
Not working too..
Seem Acer problem only :P

loloski

loloski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hey, I have a Marvell 88E1116, and I was wondering, is there anything I can change to make it work, like the hardware ID (Which I have no clue on how to find) Because I have searched all around, and haven't found anything.

thanks.

Installing Windows 1st then check it on system properties, or you can download any live linux distro then check it there.

lspci | grep Et

Acer 5585
Not working too..
Seem Acer problem only ;)

Yes, we do feel the same sentiments :( if i find a way to make it work i will post it here, please do the same also :) hhahahhah

Acer 5585
Not working too..
Seem Acer problem only :(

Man we are in the same boat :P if we both find a solution i will post it here

NetBladeZ

NetBladeZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:De-valuing Microsoft Windows ;)
Got an Acer 5585 with the same damn network adaptor. No Go. sigh.. could it be that there are changes to the addresses or some other settings on the acer?

Installing Windows 1st then check it on system properties, or you can download any live linux distro then check it there.

lspci | grep Et
Yes, we do feel the same sentiments :thumbsup_anim: if i find a way to make it work i will post it here, please do the same also :) hhahahhah
Man we are in the same boat :P if we both find a solution i will post it here

bemac

bemac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I take it there is no solution yet for the Acer's to get ethernet to work?

I can't get wifi to work either, so I have no connectivity.

llun

llun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I find device id and vendor id from google and I found this "http://listing.drive...0356635149c5d".
It show acer use another device id and vendor id but I don't try it.

vigor

vigor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes, 88e8038 has a lot of subclass, and each one has its own device id, but the adrress is :''http://listing.drive...67c31e51d6444". Anyone who try it and report the result here, please!I find that marvell yukon 88e8038 has a lot of subclasses and each one has its own device id. The acer specific 88e8038's device id is 1025:0101 or 1025:0110. Anyone who try it and report the result here. The information above can be seen here :"http://listing.drive...67c31e51d6444".

ive scene enough

ive scene enough

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
i have to go to work.

i will definately try that lastpost out on my 3680.

cheers!

Snerler

Snerler

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
This thread helped me a few moths ago. Thanks!

ive scene enough

ive scene enough

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Anyone who try it and report the result here, please!I find that marvell yukon 88e8038 has a lot of subclasses and each one has its own device id. The acer specific 88e8038's device id is 1025:0101 or 1025:0110. Anyone who try it and report the result here. The information above can be seen here

Ok, i loaded up Hirens Boot CD (great tool for those messing around like this) and after trying a few system profiling tools, i found the one for the 88e8038. it showed 1025:0110 like vigor listed.

so i tried that as per the instructions at the begining of the thread, no dice.

I MIGHT try throughing the 10.4.5 IOnetworking kext in there, see if that spices things up over the JAS 10.4.8 version.

cheers

bixit

bixit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I also have this bad Acer/Marvell combo. However I believe there is hope!
What I'm working with is Acer Aspire 3680, Marvell Yukon 88e8038 with DEV=4352, VEN=11AB, and SUB=01101025.
I have been trying to use the port of that SKGE linux driver for Marvell 88E8001 Ethernets that's around here on teh board.
The reason I'm trying that is to be found here:
http://listing.drive...a0c85225aaff2d4

^^It's a driver download page for the specific subclass of Yukon that's in the Acer 3680, and that driver lists it as compatible with the 88E8001/8003/8010. Now to be clear this is the specific Windows driver for the 88E8038 - 01101025 Yukon cards that nobody can get to work.
I have tried changing the Info.plist inside the SKGE.kext, but that gives kernel panic reboot screen. I tried that with it installed in the main Extensions directory AND with it removed from there and inserted into the IONetworkingFamily.kext Plugins folder.
Right now I'm having to use frickin' Winders Veesta to write this online, but my next attempt will be something like this:
Open IONetworkingFamily.kext Plugins folder, open AppleYukon.kext, and replace the actual driver file inside the SKGE.kext package into the MacOS folder inside the AppleYukon driver.
But I'm confusing myself already.

Anybody have thoughts on this? Does it not stand to reason that if the Windows drivers for 88E8001 etc are compatible (and recommended) for this particular 88E8038 with 0110:1025 subclass, that the MacOS driver for 88E8001 should be somehow useable? Or maybe close?

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
Well I hope you can fix it, for one. Let us know if you get anywhere.

Turbo Boost

Turbo Boost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

For mine, it is vendor 11ABDevice 4351it might be different between machines. please check!Click the Details tab and read the vendor id and device id. The vendor id is going to be "11AB"2)

In OSX, go into Terminal and edit the following file:sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist

if u get an "Open with" dialog, right click the file and click "Show Package Contents"Scroll down and find the following:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x436211AB</string>

Replace the bold numbers with the device id you found above.Save the file.Exit the file.

3) Delete the following files. In Terminal, type (or copy and paste):

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

4) Repair permissions.

In Terminal, type:diskutil repairPermissions /5) Reboot

mine is gigabyte ethernet marvell 88e1116

vendor : 10DE

devidce : 0373

I tried to modify the kext as you told, but at last it doesnt work all the same.

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x037310DE</string>

so how to make it work??? Do you guys have any methods to make it work ????Any thanks !!!Thanks in advance !!!Thanks in advance !!!Thanks in advance !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy