OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Cannot be waiting for it.

I see where your coming from as it is frustrating waiting for a new BIOS, but there really is no reason to upgrade to El Capitan at this moment. Especially if your an artist as many VST instruments and plugins are not compatible with the new SIP integration (10.11.1 is addressing these issues). There are ways of installing El Capitan even on 1479 (see pages 106-109) by installing Fakesmc after fresh install. Best way of doing this is to install El Capitan on another partition, Boot into your main partition and install FakeSMC on new partition.  Good luck.

Hi,

finally I got my sample of the QUO-AOS.

I'm really in love, but there are some problems :(

Everytime when I boot there is no "Boot Screen".
When I press very time DEL + ENTF, I get into the bios,

I want to configure it the right way, but there comes the huge problem.

My USB connection got lost, I already did an CMOS_RESET and flashed the newest
BIOS from the Tuxuser Github Repo.

The freeze is also in Mac OS X, I try to start from the boot menu (F12) from my Yosemite,

but after a few seconds behind the Logon Screen, my system freeze.

My hardware:
i7 3770

32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz RAM

Asus GTX 660

and finally the Z77MX-QUO-AOS.

Has anybody from here an idea, im really confused :(

Cheers Allrounder

Hi,

I've using this mobo as OS X server and works pretty solid. 

Today I needed to run VirtualBox and found this error: 
VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for both all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED).

So I opened the manual and found where I need to change it in BIOS. After I enable "Intel Virtualization Technology" and rebooted I still have the error. VT-d was enabled too, my CPU has support for it so I leave it enabled.

I tried to run 64-bit Ubuntu Server.

Please, could anyone help me? Is there anything I could do to fix it?

Bios version, CPU and other info are in my signature below.

Thank you very much.

Petr

I couldn't get virtualbox to work.  It kept reverting back to 32bit mode, and I didn't want to use 32bit mode.  I would have to reinstall it and that was only good until osx was rebooted if I recall.  I was using yosemeti with virtualbox.  I ended up getting vmware fusion.  Amazing product and I haven't had any issues with it and have installed windows, debian and fedora.

After sleep my keyboard lost the connection, I must reconnect after every sleep.

My OZ version is 1479, how can I solve this problem?

Another question is how can I enable the QUO splashscreen?
In my version (tuxuser Repo) the Splashscreen is completely missing..

Hey guys does the Oz defaults plist SMBIOS loading work on El Cap? Or is that borked along with kext injection right now? If it does work, can somebody help me out with doing a plist with SMBIOS for iMac13,2? I've tried a few times but it never reads it. I keep getting the default MacPro3,1 bios. Either it doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong. I've looked at a few default plist example and tried modding a "vanilla" defaults plist but no luck. It actually did work on a Yosemite install from a USB stick, and it worked when I installed El Cap with clover, but just booting El Cap with Oz hasn't worked ever for me.

Have you messed with BIOS settings cause there is nothing you should have to do ...

Has it always been like that for you ? Or did you just get that keyboard ?

Legacy USB ist activated, which settings affect the USB Keyboard?

Yes, everytime when the pc goes into sleep.

After I wake it up via the keyboard, the connection is away.

I already tried another Port but without success.

The keyboard works like a charm on a GA-Z77N-WIFI.

Hey guys does the Oz defaults plist SMBIOS loading work on El Cap? Or is that borked along with kext injection right now? If it does work, can somebody help me out with doing a plist with SMBIOS for iMac13,2? I've tried a few times but it never reads it. I keep getting the default MacPro3,1 bios. Either it doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong. I've looked at a few default plist example and tried modding a "vanilla" defaults plist but no luck. It actually did work on a Yosemite install from a USB stick, and it worked when I installed El Cap with clover, but just booting El Cap with Oz hasn't worked ever for me.

Yes Oz does process Defaults.plist .... you have to Zap PRAM for SMBIOS in Defaults.plist to kick in.

Legacy USB ist activated, which settings affect the USB Keyboard?

Yes, everytime when the pc goes into sleep.

After I wake it up via the keyboard, the connection is away.

I already tried another Port but without success.

The keyboard works like a charm on a GA-Z77N-WIFI.

Sometimes the BIOS settings gets corrupted.. Boot, Enter BIOS once there hit F7 to Load Optimized Defaults, Shutdown, Turn Power Supply Off, wait 10 secs before re-powering/reboot

See if it fix the issue.

The only things that you can/need to change from defaults is XMP Memory Profile and 'Intel Virtualization Technology' if you are using Parallels Desktop or VMWare.

Yea i've had the same issue with BIOS being corrupted and not letting me change any of the settings. Quite weird. On a slightly different subject, has anyone herd about a new BIOS update? Not really too worried but still interested if its in the works.

One other thing for new users that want HWsensors for HWmonitor. I had no idea when you download the HWsensors that you had to click customize then select all the sensors to install. When you do the default installation, it only installs HWMonitor. Just sharing this info if anyone gets stuck with none of the sensors showing up. 

Peace y'all