• 289 posts

i would buy one. 

psomelet

psomelet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I've also reached out to a Kansas based company that used to sell FW800 panel-mount cables and still does custom cable orders to see what it would cost to make something compatible with this board's Firewire headers.

Presuming this is possible, who here would purchase one if the price was reasonable?

I am waiting for the :

• Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable

Adaptateur Thunderbolt vers FireWire Apple

http://store.apple.c...6dcecee09fa49a6

I test that one with:

- compact card reader.

_ HD 3,5 external.

- External dock

- Video Can

I don't use Thunderbolt, I don't have any device, if I can use oupout for something.

I read somewhere in that post, this is not plug and play and must be connect at start up...

More details after April 7

flipit23

flipit23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I would also be interested in purchasing one.

Bernard Leclerc

Bernard Leclerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I've also reached out to a Kansas based company that used to sell FW800 panel-mount cables and still does custom cable orders to see what it would cost to make something compatible with this board's Firewire headers.

Presuming this is possible, who here would purchase one if the price was reasonable?

I too would be interested

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Now that  I have an apple bluetooth adaptor, does anyone know how to get to bios with a stumpy apple bluetooth key board (there is no obvious Del key)?

If I press F12 I can get to boot menu ok, so I know the keyboard will work in bios ok, if only I can get there...

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 755 posts

If I press F12 I can get to boot menu ok, so I know the keyboard will work in bios ok, if only I can get there...

When you are on F12 menu, scroll till you see Enter Setup, and chose that ;)

mac2hackswitch

mac2hackswitch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hello everyone,

Just a quick update to confirm that both my Radeons 7750 (HIS + Sapphire) are working side by side with the latest bios (894) in Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.9.2.

CROSSFIRE IS WORKING TOO!! :)) (tested with unigen benchmark tool, FPS more or less double with Xfire active in catalyst center - note windows only of course)

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Has anyone else noticed issues with using a 3TB SATA III drive with this mobo?  If I plug it into some ports it simply won't boot and the screen stays black.  I plug it into another port and it boots fine.  Super strange.

It's this drive: http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I'm noticing my board occasionally seems to be getting stuck at the QUO logo. Not sure is it's to do with USB ports.

psomelet

psomelet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Me too, since I use the new  894 M.

I see also :

Quo logo> Black Screen> Quo Logo> apple logo> log in.

But sometime :

Quo logo stay on and don't  go on ...

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Yeah I get it too. Got it on the last bios also. I just hit the restart button and it usually boots right up. A minor annoyance but not a huge deal. I just wish I could get iMessage/FaceTime to work on the new bios.

timmy_pete

timmy_pete

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I've heard back from the company and they would be able to make an adaptor cable that goes from the motherboard header to a panel-mount Firewire 800, but it would be expensive. They've quoted on a range of volumes and it is $40-$50 US depending on how many are ordered. The real kicker is that you'd need to order two to use both ports.

I don't have the money to do a bulk order and on send to people in these forums and as an Australian it makes less sense given shipping costs. This said, if anyone had the ability I'd be very happy to PM/email the details I have and would definitely purchase one adaptor.

In the interim, its back to Plan B for me. I've ordered one of these off eBay and am going to try splice each of the Firewire 400 & 800 port's wires onto a new header. It will not be perfect but it'll meet my needs.

T

Incidentally, Quo finally answered responded to one of multiple questions for an ETA on the brackets and suggestions of alternate sources. "There is no outside source to get this. We will be producing a bracket." Go figure.

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Yeah I get it too. Got it on the last bios also. I just hit the restart button and it usually boots right up. A minor annoyance but not a huge deal. I just wish I could get iMessage/FaceTime to work on the new bios.

Type this in terminal "sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM="

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Thanks for the reply but I've tried that like 15 times. Maybe I'll try reflashing the bios and do it again.

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Is your ethernet fully recognised?

flipit23

flipit23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

My theory on iMessage with the new 894M BIOS is that it probably works fine on a clean install.  But for those those of us who had already gotten iMessages working through the fix posted on the Wiki, the new BIOS breaks iMessages.  I have not tested this theory because I never use iMessages and don't feel like doing another clean install, as I had just done one days before the new BIOS was released.  I could very well be wrong though.  It's just a theory.

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

My theory on iMessage with the new 894M BIOS is that it probably works fine on a clean install.  But for those those of us who had already gotten iMessages working through the fix posted on the Wiki, the new BIOS breaks iMessages.  I have not tested this theory because I never use iMessages and don't feel like doing another clean install, as I had just done one days before the new BIOS was released.  I could very well be wrong though.  It's just a theory.

Can confirm iMessage/iCloud/Back to mac works great on a clean install of 10.9.2 using 894M.

It's Phobos!

It's Phobos!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

That was my experience getting it to work again.

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Is your ethernet fully recognised?

I don't know why it wouldn't be. I didn't have any problems on 868. What should I look for to be sure? Shows up as en0 in system profiler. I'm on the internet via ethernet, so there's that.

This is probably what I'll end up doing.

psomelet

psomelet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

in the post #1302

I tell you :

"I am waiting for the :

• Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable

Adaptateur Thunderbolt vers FireWire Apple

http://store.apple.c...6dcecee09fa49a6

I test that one with:

- compact card reader.

_ HD 3,5 external.

- External dock

- Video Can"

I test that one this morning with the compact card reader.

I don't plug it before startup and the card mount straight :-)

Next week I test for the other things. But at the moment, I am the felling this is the easy way to connect a FireWire 800 device.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy