3544 replies to this topic

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

See 4.8.2 above.

Select Profile1 from the XMP setting in BIOS.

I think I chose every combination you could.  I tried Profile1, Profile2, and even the manual setting so it would say 1600Mhz.  Then I did save + reboot and Windows + OS X still report 1333Mhz.  Even the BIOS after a reboot says 1333Mhz on the first page :/

Anyone having issues with a EVGA GeForce 560 Ti?  I'm using 3 monitors (1 in Integrated, 2 In the 560) and I've been getting random lockups, but generally it's only once every few days.  Or I'll come back to my machine after the weekend and it will be frozen (but the mouse will move around).  Curious if anyone has had success with it.  My 670 (from another machine) works great, just been trying out the 560.

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 620 posts

I think I chose every combination you could.  I tried Profile1, Profile2, and even the manual setting so it would say 1600Mhz.  Then I did save + reboot and Windows + OS X still report 1333Mhz.  Even the BIOS after a reboot says 1333Mhz on the first page :/

Anyone having issues with a EVGA GeForce 560 Ti?  I'm using 3 monitors (1 in Integrated, 2 In the 560) and I've been getting random lockups, but generally it's only once every few days.  Or I'll come back to my machine after the weekend and it will be frozen (but the mouse will move around).  Curious if anyone has had success with it.  My 670 (from another machine) works great, just been trying out the 560.

Could you provide the exact model for the memory in your signature?

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 314 posts

That is your specific gfx card fault for not matching the framebufer design on ports, to get it working you will need to patch the framebufer, just buying a model that in theory is supported(as model) does not mean it will work 100%.

As you found on hard way your ATI card does not match the reference design....

LE I see what u mean , well some will say Hoolock is better.

LLE. Seems 820M is not so good, I would advice to skip it for now.

I dumped the DSDT, inserted the patch to set the framebuffer name and popped it in the load direrctory. That's fixed the problem with 2 screens on the 5770. Thanks for your help. Is it worth dropping back to 816M for now?

It also fixed the problem of not detecting the 5770 if the BIOS was Auto, Auto for First Display and Internal Graphics, also sleep not working with the 5770 in, the flashing colour BIOS problem and my tea tastes better too.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,049 posts

I dumped the DSDT, inserted the patch to set the framebuffer name and popped it in the load direrctory. That's fixed the problem. Thanks for your help. Is it worth dropping back to 816M for now?

Nah, I would wait for updates....

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Could you provide the exact model for the memory in your signature?

done!

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 620 posts

done!

Geesu,

Can you confirm it is BLT4K8G3D1608ET3LX0 or a different model.

Most

Most

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Most,

Consider placing your system specs in your signature. (http://www.insanelym...&area=signature)

In addition to the obvious specs, ensure that you have your firmware version and OS version.

Consider addressing the audio issue first. If you have to flash the firmware, I beleive it will reset nvram.

Have you confirmed your current firmware version via the shell? See The KiNG's recent posts.

You say you believe you tried the audio fix. Can you described how you patched the audio?

Yea my bad. Didn't really put enough info. Sig has my specs. Don't know the firmware version I'm on though. I flashed a month or two ago to start to run Mac OS.

I tried to patch the audio with the legacy files in terminal. It worked for 10.8 but not when I upgraded. So I tried ##### and got nothing again.

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Geesu,

Can you confirm it is BLT4K8G3D1608ET3LX0 or a different model.

It's BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0 and BLT8G3D1608ET3LX0 from amazon (one is just a 2 pack kit)

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 620 posts

Yea my bad. Didn't really put enough info. Sig has my specs. Don't know the firmware version I'm on though. I flashed a month or two ago to start to run Mac OS.

I tried to patch the audio with the legacy files in terminal. It worked for 10.8 but not when I upgraded. So I tried ##### and got nothing again.

From the built-in shell, run:

bdmesg -b

In regard to the second step you took to for audio, I have no idea what it has done.

As far as the patch. It works in 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9. Check the link and instructions from my previous post and let us know if that works. If it doesn't, please respond with any error messages and steps you took.

[edit] thanks THe KiNG

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,049 posts
As far as the patch. It works in 10.7 10.8 10.9.

A small correction, the 10.7 patch also works for 10.6.8 since the kext layout is the same, so if someone want for some reason to run snow leopard on this board it should know that it can have audio fixed by same patch.

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Has anyone been able to connect to another mac pro w/this motherboard using back to my mac?  Interestingly enough I can connect to both of my mac pros from actual laptops.  I just can't have them connect directly to each other. (Note: I did change the serial number of both, but not the baseboard serial number)

ILL

ILL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

My system works without any problem with both graphics card I've got and without them (HD4000) and wifi (Dlink 556) but I find a strange behaviour in PCI.

I've tried to use 2 Kona 3G cards in the 2 16x slots and I've lost every PCIe cards, Kona's are 4x cards.

I can use the Sapphire+Dlink+ one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the 680+Dlink+one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the HD4000+Dlink+ one Kona 3G either in Slot 1 or in Slot 2 and everything works fine.

but

If I plug 2 Kona 3G and the Dlink the system doesn't recognize any PCI card (I lose the wifi also), anyone knows why? I've tried the (few) possible settings for PCI and nothing change. I've tried also without the Dlink with the same result.

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 620 posts

My system works without any problem with both graphics card I've got and without them (HD4000) and wifi (Dlink 556) but I find a strange behaviour in PCI.

I've tried to use 2 Kona 3G cards in the 2 16x slots and I've lost every PCIe cards, Kona's are 4x cards.

I can use the Sapphire+Dlink+ one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the 680+Dlink+one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the HD4000+Dlink+ one Kona 3G either in Slot 1 or in Slot 2 and everything works fine.

but

If I plug 2 Kona 3G and the Dlink the system doesn't recognize any PCI card (I lose the wifi also), anyone knows why? I've tried the (few) possible settings for PCI and nothing change. I've tried also without the Dlink with the same result.

Do you have windows installed, as well?

Most

Most

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

bdmesg -b

In regard to the second step you took to for audio, I have no idea what it has done.

As far as the patch. It works in 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9. Check the link and instructions from my previous post and let us know if that works. If it doesn't, please respond with any error messages and steps you took.

[edit] thanks THe KiNG

Noob question. How do you get to/run the shell?

Also I used the patch that you had in your link. That's the same one I did before. I did it again and it said done. Seems like it was successful. Rebooted and got no audio still. No error messages either.

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

I'm getting some SUPER strange graphics problems, check this out: http://cl.ly/image/0u3I393X1w3E

I took out my GeForce card, so now I'm just running dual monitors with the HD4000 that comes with the i7-3770k.  And I'm on OS X 10.8.5 (I know my sig says mavericks, that's another mobo).

Anyone else getting things like this? Not sure how to resolve.

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 168 posts

Noob question. How do you get to/run the shell?

Also I used the patch that you had in your link. That's the same one I did before. I did it again and it said done. Seems like it was successful. Rebooted and got no audio still. No error messages either.

Choose: UEFI Built-in EDK Shell from F12 Boot Menu.

Your audio does not work because you installed some stuff from MonyTac.

ILL

ILL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Do you have windows installed, as well?

No win.

The mobo was first flashed with 816M, then 10.8.4 from usb, upgraded on line to 10.8.5, audio patched and than 10.9, never patched the audio after.

I've flashed today from 816 to 820 with the same results.

Sys info doesn't show any PCI card but cards are active with fans and leds always on.

Most

Most

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Choose: UEFI Built-in EDK Shell from F12 Boot Menu.

Your audio does not work because you installed some stuff from MonyTac.

Thanks for the Shell info. Not so much on the audio part. Telling me something is broken because I did something wrong is no help what so ever. My previous posts will tell you that I first used the legacy audio patch and nothing worked so then I used mu1ti-be@st. So please if you have a way to fix it I'd love/appreciate the help.

Most

Most

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

bdmesg -b

[edit] thanks THe KiNG

My UEFI Spec is: 2.31 and my Rev: 4.653.

joe75

joe75

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,515 posts

#635               i assumed you were on bios before 816. Try helping yourself before criticizing someone else 

Modbin ftw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy