• Please log in to reply
1460 replies to this topic

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I updated to 10.9 from the App Store without issue. I get some graphics corruption with integrated graphics and a TB display but discreet graphics works fine with a DVI display. Really happy upgrading was mostly a non-issue.

Did you set your BIOS settings to integrated graphics only? I'm getting some graphics corruption as well

smgoller

smgoller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@smgoller can't be like that, triple checked, audio is fine, also the installer.

The only thing that can explain this is that you think that you are on 816M but you are not, and are running on oz older then 801M.

Start built-in edk shell and run bdmesg command, it will tell you on first line the ozmosis version..

You are correct, sir. Bios updated and everything is running awesomely. Thanks again!

Most

Most

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

So I've got the imessage issue which I've read can be solved by going into termminal and sudo and simply paste this in with your extended serial "sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". It never works. I've tried multiple times even with Champlist and still nothing.

Also my audio isn't showing up. I've seen some have used the legacy files to get it to work. I believe I tried them already. Anyone else having luck with something different?

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

So I've got the imessage issue which I've read can be solved by going into termminal and sudo and simply paste this in with your extended serial "sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". It never works. I've tried multiple times even with Champlist and still nothing.

Also my audio isn't showing up. I've seen some have used the legacy files to get it to work. I believe I tried them already. Anyone else having luck with something different?

Most,

Consider placing your system specs in your signature. (http://www.insanelym...&area=signature)

In addition to the obvious specs, ensure that you have your firmware version and OS version.

Consider addressing the audio issue first. If you have to flash the firmware, I beleive it will reset nvram.

Have you confirmed your current firmware version via the shell? See The KiNG's recent posts.

You say you believe you tried the audio fix. Can you described how you patched the audio?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

hey crowned one, time for some public ecstasy - look at my (commendable?) sig .. ;)

(trying to help make ye happy)

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 674 posts

hey crowned one, time for some public ecstasy - look at my (commendable?) sig .. ;)

(trying to help make ye happy)

Only one sugestion, Add ALC 892 Codec with link to install pkg for audio, also check PM.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Only one sugestion, Add ALC 892 Codec with link to install pkg for audio, also check PM.

DONE! + see my BIOS version .. :) (verified via bdmesg | more)

@ all: I have to find out why the OZ bootloader isn't working via the HOME key. Screen blackens, regardless if connected via DVI or HDMI. Then default OS 10.8.5 boots.

Hitting V or Alt + V to enter verbose does not do anything.

Do I have to install the OZ bootloader separately? I thought it's included in the H3A.

BTW, after a BIOS Update, all the BIOS settings are lost .. I guess for that purpose one should save the settings to a Profile (in the past BIOS page)? Or do these saved Profiles get overwritten by a BIOS update, too? (that would be very stupid, so I hope the answer is no)

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Well its the windows key not alt

ie

win + v = verbose mode

win + x = safe mode

win + s = single user mode

not sure why home key isnt working, but you can always use F12 boot manager to select which os to boot, or use startup disk selector in os x to set the boot volume.

It's Phobos!

It's Phobos!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

My Messages didn't want to log in either, even with the baseboardserial set correctly. I found that it was only doing it with my ID, others could log in fine. I went into ~/Library/Preferences and deleted everything with imessage in it. Working flawlessly again.

electroshock

electroshock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Tried update to 10.9 using the App Download auto install. 10.9 seemed to load but after reboot the system still reports 10.8.5. Looks like no changes were made. I forgot to copy 10.9 installer to new folder so I am doing another 5 hour download from Apple servers. My system updated fine from 10.8.4 > 10.8.5 with this method but then I edited the Symbios with the "6.2 MAC mini hack commands" posted earlier in this thread because my I5-3570k system originally reported as a: MAC Pro (early 2008).  Could changing the Symbios affect the system's ability to auto upgrade? I am going to try a USB update to see it that makes a difference.

Bernard Leclerc

Bernard Leclerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Upgraded from 10.8.4 Vanilla to 10.9 from AppStore without a hitch. Just re-applied legacy audio patch, and that was it.

4.2ghz OC i5 3570K with 670GTX and Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

Very happy with this setup.

Same for me. Everything seems fine as far as I can tell.

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Tried update to 10.9 using the App Download auto install. 10.9 seemed to load but after reboot the system still reports 10.8.5. Looks like no changes were made. I forgot to copy 10.9 installer to new folder so I am doing another 5 hour download from Apple servers. My system updated fine from 10.8.4 > 10.8.5 with this method but then I edited the Symbios with the "6.2 MAC mini hack commands" posted earlier in this thread because my I5-3570k system originally reported as a: MAC Pro (early 2008).  Could changing the Symbios affect the system's ability to auto upgrade? I am going to try a USB update to see it that makes a difference.

Electroshock,

Consider making a USB copy of the Mavericks installer. Once downloaded to your Applications folder, take the following and replace /Volumes/Untitled with the your Flash drive's Volume Name. See Disk Utility to confirm. In Terminal, with the aforementioned changes, type:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

I noticed that 820M is available with a note that it has fixes for the Mavericks installer. I installed directly from a flash drive copy and had not issues.

THe KiNG,

Is the latest build related to the running the Mavericks installer on the destination drive?

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 674 posts

THe KiNG,

Is the latest build related to the running the Mavericks installer on the destination drive?

Dunno, try... ;)

Wimdows8

Wimdows8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hmm. Guess I spoke too soon.

Audio patched perfectly fine and all seemed to work, but hadn't tested sleep. Turns out sleep doesn't work. Worked fine under ML. Was running on 801M. Updated to 820M, still same issue, screen goes off, power LED and fans remain on.

Specs: i5 3570K, MSI 670GTX.

Any suggestions?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Well its the windows key not alt

ie

win + v = verbose mode

win + x = safe mode

win + s = single user mode

not sure why home key isnt working, but you can always use F12 boot manager to select which os to boot, or use startup disk selector in os x to set the boot volume.

I am referring to

OZ Boot Manager GUI

Verbose: When in Boot Selection Alt + V (fixing bug please just tap V once) and then make your choice.

straight from https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org/ ....

You are referring to a DIFFERENT verbose mode, not the one from OZ Boot Manager but the one from OS X ..

And apart from that, what you write does not even work w/ OS X booted on the QUO AOS .. You don't have a sig (as supposed, tss tss) so I take for granted that you don't even own a QUO AOS, and neither can nor have tried yourself before posting here.. ;)

Needless to say, any of the key combos need to be pressed BEFORE OS X starts .. that's how it is on a real Mac. However, thanks to either the QUO AOS board or the OZ BIOSes being buggy, keeping keys pressed stalls the booting: either the screen remains black, or the QUO restarts ..

That applies to ANY keys pressed and held down: DEL, F12, END, HOME ...

It's been beyond a nuisance to reach either BIOS setup via DEL or BIOS boot menu via F12: when not pressed only ONCE in the very right moment, either boot stalls, or the default OS loads .. so cumbersome ..

The work-around is to increase the wait time in BIOS from 1 to 4. So when the slogan "Q.UO | your comuter .." appears on the screen, there now is a about 75% chance that by pressing a key I actually do get to either BIOS setup or BIOS boot menu.

I tried several USB keyboards in several different of the board's USB ports --> no change, buggy as hell...

The 820M H3A BIOS update did not change that awkwardness at all ..

And the OZ bootloader is not working.

So for any pointers that will dulcify my pre-OS boot experience here, PLEASE SHARE THEM MY WAY!

Thanks,

bugs

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 674 posts

@BugsB STOP messing with the BIOS and you will have a stable computer, it shouldn't be your daily toy and if you screw it up is only your fault, sorry.

UEFI BIOS is not what you are used with, any small change you made and is enough to screw it.

And bs0d is right is windows key(was alt), and trust me he does not need the sig, try to let emotions behind, think before posting, yes there are bugs, that is normal, time will fix all.

If you dont like, dont use. Simple, you have plenty other options...

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,065 posts

:poster_oops:

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

HD4000 and resolutions higher than 1920x1200

Is anyone running resolutions higher than 1920x1200 using a Thunderbolt to DVI-D Dual Link adapter? It should be supported; however, I have not seen anyone discuss.

Writing to NVRAM

A while back, I wrote to NVRAM to boot verbose automatically. Works great.

sudo nvram boot-args="-v" 

I use desecrate graphics to power an ultra wide monitor. It works great!

I was considering if it would be capable to apply 2560x1080 resolution using the Graphics Mode boot argument to correct the distorted view on boot. I tried:

sudo nvram boot-args="\"Graphics Mode\"=\"2560x1080x32@60\""

I receive a blank screen after selecting the volume to boot. I attempted to see if is a way to clear nvram variables via the UEFI Shell. Seems that the nvram tool in the UEFI shell is limited. More likely is that I am limited in an understanding of how to use this tool. Checked the help page as well as a UEFI shell whitepaper.

Since reflashing the BIOS clears these variables, I did so and it corrected the issue. Ill give it a few more goes.

From the UEFI Shell, I was able to use dmpstore to clear the variable. *Thanks XyZ

dmpstore -d boot-args

russ807

russ807

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Did you set your BIOS settings to integrated graphics only? I'm getting some graphics corruption as well

My BIOS was set to init IGPU and IGPU was set to enabled. The TB display running on integrated was becoming more of a hassle than it was worth. The 27" Dell Ultrasharp monitor got a pretty steep discount recently and I was able to pick one up on Amazon for $540. It seems to be back up a bit now, unfortunately.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

@BugsB STOP messing with the BIOS and you will have a stable computer, it shouldn't be your daily toy and if you screw it up is only your fault, sorry.
UEFI BIOS is not what you are used with, any small change you made and is enough to screw it.

"The basket has a handle. If you carry the basket by the handle and it breaks, that's your fault. The handle was not made to carry the basket"

King, come on, please get back down to reality .. if the BIOS update did not overwrite my settings, I WOULD NOT NEED TO HAVE TO GO BACK INTO THE BIOS !!

And yes, it needs to be accsessible ON FIRST TRY, not having to reboot a couple of time .. but thanks for at least acknowledging the bugs ..

And bs0d is right is windows key (was alt)

why don't they correct that on their homepage? For how long has it not been ALT? They just changed on that page from 816 to 820, but were not able to change a wrong instructions? Am I really dealing with professionals? More and more I need to say: unfortunately not ..

and trust me he does not need the sig, try to let emotions behind, think before posting, yes there are bugs, that is normal, time will fix all.
If you dont like, dont use. Simple, you have plenty other options...

That's totally not what it's about. It's mainly about professionalism, King .. when I look at the QUO web-page with dead sections and links FOR MONTHS --> http://quocomputer.c...ectq/technical/ even though I pointed that out to them via email weeks ago (and so did others), how professional is that? How long does it take to update at least the basic sections of a website?

The PA/PR of this project deserves maybe 1 *. I can tell its lots of young people with very or no experience in regards to marketing, and customer support. Comments like yours fit 100% into that, so thanks for your frankness.

:poster_oops:

just FYI: fine with me .. whoever has the urge to hide behind anonymity may do so .. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy