• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

ZackehSoul

ZackehSoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Once a pkg is made, people will download it, and since this is new fix/first revision, they won't get needed updates or improvements if/when released. It really is better to build it, and you'll want the ability so you can update in the future as well.

While I do agree that it's better to build it, I think the way Clover works means that once someone builds it the latest installer gets moved to Sourceforge?

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.
i format the usb in mbr fat32 one partition, do a standard instalation, put the info needed at the end of the config but simply appears that 7 and nothing happens even if i let one hour. cant get rid of the boot1 error if i install in the hdd... so i think im stuck. will have to wait for another fix...

i cant even get to the bootloader interface.

MrBobrowitz

MrBobrowitz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I know that this is the iMessage thread but hopefully this will get some eyes on it and help me solve this problem

This is on a USB stick not a HDD

eep357 has been very helpful in getting a working config.plist going for my setup. The issue now is it seem like clover is not looking to that at all, is there a specific way you have to build the USB stick for it to work?

For example when I go into options it doesnt respect any of the parameters that have been set in the config.plist

cktse

cktse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for all the hard work and research... it works on my iMac12,1 hack. Will try to switch to clover as the primary bootloader in my free time...

shmk

shmk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
No luck here but it is obviously a clover issue, I am getting kernel panics on start up. Good to know there is a solution to the Message problem though.

blaatschaap

blaatschaap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Both my Hackintoshes currently have Chameleon 2.1 bootloader and MBR-style partitions. Can I just migrate to Clover without expecting problems or will the MBR partition scheme give issues? I also read that you can boot Clover in EFI mode and in BIOS mode, does this method absolutely require the use of EFI mode?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,067 posts

Both my Hackintoshes currently have Chameleon 2.1 bootloader and MBR-style partitions. Can I just migrate to Clover without expecting problems or will the MBR partition scheme give issues? I also read that you can boot Clover in EFI mode and in BIOS mode, does this method absolutely require the use of EFI mode?

If you read Clover instructions thread more carefully you may notice that using boot1h2 you have a choice to boot Clover or Chameleon located on the same partition.
Attached File  Снимок экрана 2013-01-11 в 16.26.14.png   33.85KB   153 downloads

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
im stuck. will try from 0 this weekend.

senormoll

senormoll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I was able to get everything working perfectly, EXCEPT my cinema led out of the displayport. I can plug a different monitor into DVI2 to get two monitors working, but the displayport/cinema led will not work. iMessage really isn't that important compared to getting my main screen back, so:

Does anyone have any idea how to remove Clover?!

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
if you just install over the chameleon. reinstall chameleon and it will takeover the boot again. for me was that simple.

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
nope. ivy bridge laptop bios h2o insyde. try standard install, with patches, without, with dsdt, without. nothing can make even go to the clover boot screen. now install clovergrower and with the newest release, same thing but does not appear the 7 anymore. just black screen with a underline blinking in the left upper corner.

any help please!

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

I was able to get everything working perfectly, EXCEPT my cinema led out of the displayport. I can plug a different monitor into DVI2 to get two monitors working, but the displayport/cinema led will not work. iMessage really isn't that important compared to getting my main screen back, so:

Does anyone have any idea how to remove Clover?!

Read Slice's post 2 above your's

@mendietinha-Not sure what you issue may be, my brother had problem with getting it to start from USB and from hard drive when on a non-Intel SATA3 port, but worked OK from HD on Intel SATA2. Clover forums would be your best resource, the ones here and at projectosx86.com

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 274 posts
@mendietinha, I have read some user experiences where changing USB stick to newer one or trying different USB ports would help. Or even sometimes changing some options in BIOS regarding those USB ports.

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
works perfect. Some problems with clover (my config.plist changes are ignored... :hammer: ), but its booting with raid0 and uefi now. Thanks.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

works perfect. Some problems with clover (my config.plist changes are ignored... :hammer: ), but its booting with raid0 and uefi now. Thanks.

Perhaps it's because of an incorrect plist format. Open the file with a proper editor, like the one in Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Hi all!

If some of you are having problems with iMessage even after the clover fix, something about calling apple customer service, that's a simple trick that i found out by accident that appears to have solved the issue for me: log with your Apple ID in a legit Apple iOS or OSX device. Did it, tried again the clover fix, all joy.

Best regards!

ctroncosor

ctroncosor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Really thanks for the tutorial, as an ex user of other Duet Loaders (such as XPC and ######) it has been pleasure to use clover, imessages is working like a charm in my hack imac 13,1 :)

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Perhaps it's because of an incorrect plist format. Open the file with a proper editor, like the one in Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Thank you for the tip but nothing changed. "Timeout" and some Partition Hide functions arent working, but stuff like the monitor resolution is working... strange.

Sorry for offtopic :king:

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

Thank you for the tip but nothing changed. "Timeout" and some Partition Hide functions arent working, but stuff like the monitor resolution is working... strange.

Sorry for offtopic :king:

Timeout is changed in refit.config and not config.plist, also since config.plist can load from many locations, check boot.log to be sure it's loading the one you are expecting it to.

gothic860

gothic860

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Timeout is changed in refit.config and not config.plist, also since config.plist can load from many locations, check boot.log to be sure it's loading the one you are expecting it to.

Its loading. I used the right refit.config and i get the "Hide Partition" function to work with:

<key>Volumes</key>
<dict>
<key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
<string>Macintosh HD RAID</string>
<key>HideAllLegacy</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HideExternalUEFI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HideInternalUEFI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HideOpticalUEFI</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>

But when its booting i get a blank black screen and i can only use my keyboard to get to GUI and select one of my 2 RAID0 drives to boot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iMessage, Messages, Fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy