ATI Graphic Issues on AMD ML Hackintosh Systems

AkimoA

193 posts in this topic

Bitcore, is the HDMI audio working for you?

Not sure , my gpu died after flashing it to a 5770 and back :(

I connected my monitor by HDMI, so video output works for sure.

But I can't remember about audio. :$

Hi Bitcore,i have a problem with ATI radeon 6770 (Flex Edition),not working on ML 10.8.2 i've installed this http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3185 Kext but after installing,restart boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f then the system loading all kext after 1 minuetes my PC restart and the screen become Black And the CPU FAN go on the Full Speed.

any solution for this problem?

Thanks

Hi Bitcore,i have a problem with ATI radeon 6770 (Flex Edition),not working on ML 10.8.2 i've installed this http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3185 Kext but after installing,restart boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f then the system loading all kext after 1 minuetes my PC restart and the screen become Black And the CPU FAN go on the Full Speed.

any solution for this problem?

Thanks

Don't boot with GE commands!

you might also need to fix permissions in case you didn't do yet

Not working!!same problem.

I've added my Graphics ID into AmdRadeonAccelerator and Ati6000controller

But not working.i boot normaly without anything

What i did:

-Install iAtkos Ml2

-Start it

-Install kexts and repair permissions.

-Rebot

-Profit :D

So it might be there is some iAtkos thing helping me out.

Dont know what it would be though.

@gils83, I have an HD 3000 too, but I only get up to 1024x768, plus a "no kext loaded" message in System Information. Did you install or modify any kext?

yes , "pci,9616" in ATI2400Controller.kext/info.plist and "0x96161002" in ATIRadeonX2000.kext and "Graphics Mode=1280x1024x32" ;)

Not CI/QE :(

Someone with one of the severely-artifacted ATI cards should try this program I just found called SMCpingDaemon. It has seemingly completely eliminated the artifacting I was experiencing with Intel HD Graphics 3000 on my ProBook.

Here it is: the streamlined version of the "graphics glitch fixing candidate" daemon. It has only {SMCOpen(); SMCClose();} calls left out the proven good old Fan Control App.

I called it "SMC ping daemon", because that's all it does.

Tested well on my system - no problems with the "lines". If I kill the daemon, I get "lines" pretty soon. It is very convenient to test for graphics glitches using the PhotoBooth (at least on my system) - lines are noticeable in the frame before they start to appear randomly in other places, e.g. with scrolling in Safari or Finder.

As a control, I tested the Null version of daemon that does not have any SMC calls at all (sounds pretty silly, but remember that we are still dealing with the "mystery"). To my relief, the Null version runs with "lines" (otherwise it would be totally weird...)

Give the simplified daemon a try. I don't have an installer, but there is a text file in the attached zip showing how to install the daemon manually to the /Library/StartupItems (should be pretty easy).

UPDATE 2013-05-02:

I have written a script to facilitate the installation of SMCpingDaemon. The script has been tested on Mountain Lion, but I foresee no issues when running it on Lion. If you do have any issues with the script, please let me know so I can fix them.

WARNING: I have tested this script, and it appears to function as intended, but, if the script causes any damage to your system, spills your tea, or releases ants in your kitchen, the author (me) is absolutely not responsible for anything this script does.

You must be an "Admin" user for this to work!

1) Download both SMCpingDaemon.zip and InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh.zip to the same directory (I'll assume you choose Downloads.); unzip InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh.zip but do NOT unzip SMCpingDaemon.zip.

2) With the two files downloaded, open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app.

3) Type, without the quotes, "cd ~/Downloads" and press enter.

4) Type, again without the quotes, "chmod +x ./InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh" and press enter once more.

5) Type, still without the quotes (How'd you guess?), "./InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh" and press enter again.

6) When prompted for your password, enter it and press enter.

7) When it asks you if you want to start the daemon now I don't think it really makes a difference since you'll have to reboot to see the effects anyway.

5) Reboot and see if anything's improved. If you want to be completely sure the script succeeded, open Activity Monitor.app and search for SMCpingDaemon; one process should be listed.

To remove SMCpingDaemon: type (without the quotes) into Terminal.app "sudo SystemStarter stop SMCpingDaemon && sudo rm -rf /Library/SMCpingDaemon".

SMCpingDaemon.zip

InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh.zip

• Like 4

Hello :) Just bought a Sapphire HD 5450 1GB. I will still use the nvidia card for testing. I installed 10.8.2. Added the device and vendor ID's to AmdRadeonAccelerator and Ati5000Controller and it booted with full QE/CI with some corruption here and there. I then updated to 10.8.3 and corrected the two files, rebooted and no QE/CI. Added ATY_Init and reboot, QE/CI again :) Problem is I have alot or graphic corruption and my card is only detected as a HD 5000. Would a DSDT help?

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 18.24.19.png

Shane, it's the Sapphire 5450 silent, device ID 68F91002, as in the topic Working ATI cards? http://www.insanelym...ionlion-64-bit/ if it's not, try to convince the retailer, since you just bought it, to accept you returning it and taking the other :)

It seems quite unlikely our results being that different. Remove ATI init! Just correct again the two kexts, rebuild caches before restart, repair permissions etc and reboot with GE=No and PCIRootUID=0. It will indeed be reported as HD5000, but no glitches should appear in Chrome - Safari is the only one app affected by them in my machine - or Firefox (in Firefox you must disable HW acceleration in Preferences) or any other application. If you can, use the HDMI port, since it's the one i use for my excellent results and, as said in the linked topic, it's the only one i cared to test.

You can also try my own patched DSDT for the sake of testing: i only added patches for HDEF and HDMI audio, and the HDMI ones are radeon specific, so the worst that can happen is you having no HDMI audio. If you decide to keep it, it's wise to correct it for your HW though. http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=121017

All the best!

P.S.: that's why i am insisting, to no avail, to people posting his/her working card in the Working Cards topic, so you know the options you have beforehand. Sadly, i've been receiving no feedback about it.

No its not the silent. 0x68E11002 Works great in Lion and Snow in both x86_64 and i386. Snow fully detects it correctly. According to the OSx86 Wiki it works in 10.8.2 which it did with minimal glitches but 10.8.3 is a whole other story. I am currently using the DVI port just now but will try VGA and the HDMI also. This card and the ASUS are the only 5450 cards they had lol I will get it to work 100% soon enough lol.

You can also try a 4xxx, i read somewhere they work superbly, just like the silent version of the HD5450, and the only problem they report (and luckily the 5450 silent doesn't have) is the red pixel issue in rendering benchmarks like Cinebench. The problem is, Gilles, Bitcore and the others didn't post their 4xxx in the topic, so i cannot really be sure of which model they use and the extent of their success.

All the best!

As expected. Well, it's a different hw altogether, but i'd say 1) remove ATY_init, 2) add the device ID to the ATI5000 and RadeonAccelerator kexts, 3) rebuild caches, 4) boot with GE=no and PCIRootUID=0. If 2) fails, try using 10.8.2 files, rebuild caches and reboot.

If none of the above solutions, i recommend you return the card and get one that's proven to work. SInce they don't have the silent model, i'd recommend you contact Gilles, Carol or Bitcore and get advice about the 4xxx options they use,

All the best!

P.S.: obviously, the steps 1-4 above involve no DSDT: remove it.

I found DSDT edits for my card and have applied them and edited the two kexts. Booting with no GE and the original files from 10.8.3. I now have minimal glitches. It is useable now. As you said though safari is a no go. Going to have a bash at HDMI sound now :)

• Like 1

You can also try a 4xxx, i read somewhere they work superbly, just like the silent version of the HD5450, and the only problem they report (and luckily the 5450 silent doesn't have) is the red pixel issue in rendering benchmarks like Cinebench. The problem is, Gilles, Bitcore and the others didn't post their 4xxx in the topic, so i cannot really be sure of which model they use and the extent of their success.

All the best!

for 4xxx series is a very good alternative, aside from these problems red pixel in the test cinebench 11.5, QuickTime and VLC work fine.

for gaming, it is not working :(

Unigine-Heaven bug :(

• Like 1

for 4xxx series is a very good alternative, aside from these problems red pixel in the test cinebench 11.5, QuickTime and VLC work fine.

for gaming, it is not working :(

Unigine-Heaven bug :(

1) What's your card's device ID, Gilles? 2) Which applications you know that work for sure? 3) Is there any other issue, apart the Uningine/Gaming/Cinebench not working?

4) Which model is it? 5) How many ports and what are they? 6) Did you test all of the ports?

Sorry asking that many questions :P and all the best!

1) What's your card's device ID, Gilles? 2) Which applications you know that work for sure? 3) Is there any other issue, apart the Uningine/Gaming/Cinebench not working?

4) Which model is it? 5) How many ports and what are they? 6) Did you test all of the ports?

Sorry asking that many questions :P and all the best!

:)

yes , 0x94421002 / Sapphire HD 4850 1024 / DVI / HDMI / VGA