Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

ham4ever

613 posts in this topic

If you have working windows install transmac delete Mach kernel and put the patched kernel to root dir.

You can use for it Bronzska kernel rc8

After that restart your pc and start it with usekernelcache no, f, arch i386 graphics no

I think you are at wrong place better go the help section.

You try ! :)

yes , je doit avoir un Lion de valide , avec tous ses essaies , j'ai mes disques qui débordent !! :)

yes, I must have a valid Lion, with all its trying, I have my discs overflowing! :)

:)

hello Bronya :)

il nous reste ML 10.8 DP1 i386 pour Nvidia , si tu pouvais le rendre kernel sinedp1 compatible pour les Phenom/Atlon , ça serait top !!!

it remains 10.8 ML DP1 i386 for Nvidia, if you could make it compatible for kernel sinedp1 Phenom / Atlon, it would be top! :)

hello Bronya :)

il nous reste ML 10.8 DP1 i386 pour Nvidia , si tu pouvais le rendre kernel sinedp1 compatible pour les Phenom/Atlon , ça serait top !!!

it remains 10.8 ML DP1 i386 for Nvidia, if you could make it compatible for kernel sinedp1 Phenom / Atlon, it would be top! :)

Yes ! I just finished kernel for k10 . but i check for parallel desktop and vmware and then i recompile for ML !

ah! super!

to block blocked 10.7.5 i386, both enjoy ML 10.08 Nvidia i386 for DP1, especially my little GT 610 passive oob and enjoy the power of the Phenom would top the FX CPU throttling many video and a lack power harsh! Video is more fluid with the GT 610 with the HD 5450 and 4850

http://www.materiel....CFfLLtAodhjkAJg

Dimitrik thank you!

with RC8 kernel (Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Tue Feb 26 14:33:29 MSK 2013; BronzovkaAnVoodoo_Sinetek###:xnu-1699.32.7/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_I386 i386), i see tons of "kernel: 64 bit opemu wrong instruction"

i have to do some more test also to RC10

also tried that modified GeForceGLDrive​r.bundle: it can boot in 64-bit but without graphics acceleration.

with RC8 kernel (Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Tue Feb 26 14:33:29 MSK 2013; BronzovkaAnVoodoo_Sinetek###:xnu-1699.32.7/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_I386 i386), i see tons of "kernel: 64 bit opemu wrong instruction"

In Console? Does it have any side effect besides the error message itself?

i was installing Maxima from HomeBrew (an alternative to MacPorts: it downloads source code, compiles it, and install), and noticed that the process paused at some point. cpu usage was very high after some hours, so i suspected something was {censored} around...

Console.app let me see a flood of of "kernel: 64 bit opemu wrong instruction" (so many messages that Console.app was also hogging the cpu) im not sure but seems that OPCODE is buggy!

the process became a zombie eating cpu cycles. it must be killed with fire (signal 9, SIGKILL) in order to stop it. i was not sure if this affected the system behavior, maybe was not responsive as a fresh start.

hi bronya!

testing here Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: четверг, 4 апреля 2013 г. 23:28:35 (MSK); BronzovkaAnVoodoo_Sinetek###:xnu-1699.32.7/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_I386 i386

_tons_ of "04/04/13 22:19:45,000 kernel: 64 bit opemu wrong instruction" when trying to brew install maxima

xcode crashes

cpu= amd athlon 64 x2 7850be (this one: http://en.wikipedia.....2865_nm_SOI.29 )

first impression seems that overall system responsiveness has improved... still testing!

EDIT: joined 2 post, update.

Edited by bcobco

hi bronya!

testing here Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: четверг, 4 апреля 2013 г. 23:28:35 (MSK); BronzovkaAnVoodoo_Sinetek###:xnu-1699.32.7/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_I386 i386

tons of "04/04/13 22:19:45,000 kernel: 64 bit opemu wrong instruction" when trying to brew install maxima

xcode crash also attached in this post

still testing

hello !

what you processor ?

Hi all !

I did kernel for FX , Phenom and old processor's !

Please test !

Download kernel for Lion 10.7.5 :

mach_kernel_RC12 !

Am trying the RC12 on my FX-8350 now. For the past 30 minutes, the behavior matches the older 10.7.5 kernel. I have tried X86_64 with Cinebench, 1Password, 32-bit application for Wireless USB Key network access, Firefox, Safari, Grab, etc. Loading i386 only works with the 2.1 2059 Chameleon. With the 2.2 2187 Chameleon and i386, I get a kernel panic on the EFINvRam kext. Restart from the Apple menu has never worked with Lion. I believe it has to do with not making any DSDT modifications and/or having an smbios.plist set for iMac 12,2. The 13,2 iMac more closely matches my hardware, but Lion refused to install to a 13,2 iMac.

When in i386 mode, Cinebench has the ATI FirePro V4900 with 44.03 fps. The older kernel in i386 mode is 43.87 fps. I cannot get the OpenCL_OceanWave_Bandwidth_V161 application to run the benchmark. Every time I open that one, regardless of kernel version, 64-bit mode, 32-bit mode, the program says, "Error in OpenCL bandwidth measure task." The FirePro firmware has not been modified since opening the shipping box and installing into the motherboard. The OpenCL 1.1 version is currently inside the FirePro.

I have never observed the computer memory details in Lion. Is there something special to disable within Chameleon? When I boot to SL with Chameleon 2 RC5, r726, I see the memory information in the System Profiler. I have tried adding memory details within smbios.plist for Lion. No matter what I add into smbios.plist, the Memory details always say, "There was an error while gathering this information." Obviously the memory is found and the computer behaves, because other parts of the system do correctly show 16 GB at 1600 MHz, DDR3. The Lion boot logs also clearly show the same information that displays in the SL System Profiler memory section.

Restart from the Apple menu has never worked with Lion. I believe it has to do with not making any DSDT modifications and/or having an smbios.plist set for iMac 12,2. The 13,2 iMac more closely matches my hardware, but Lion refused to install to a 13,2 iMac.

Try "EvOreboot.kext" WORKS like a dream on my system!

• Like 1

Folks, try to use the help topic for these any kind of issues not related to kernel tests and features (i.e.: "RC10 broke my HDMI!" fits here, "How to enable HDMI in Lion?" doesn't). Please also try to avoid slow chats, because it makes the topic more difficult to follow, aside the annoying email messages that are sent to each and every follower.

Counting on the help of you all! :D

Best regards!

• Like 2