Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique
:)

le double écran fonctionne très bien pour moi (i386) , les drivers cuda ne changent rien . (GT 610 avec GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

the dual screen works fine for me (i386), cuda drivers do not change. (GT 610 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1628767/

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

le double écran fonctionne très bien pour moi (i386) , les drivers cuda ne changent rien . (GT 610 avec GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

the dual screen works fine for me (i386), cuda drivers do not change. (GT 610 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

Are you using DVI and VGA ?

If I connect the other LED I get a blank display no signal. Which kernel BTW ?

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

yes ;)

DVI/VGA/HDMI why kernel Dimitrik ou Sinetek 11.4.2 and GE=Yes why Clover or chameleon .

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

yes ;)

DVI/VGA/HDMI why kernel Dimitrik ou Sinetek 11.4.2 and GE=Yes why Clover or chameleon .

Where can I get this kernel ?

Gismo

Gismo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

yes ;)

Hi, I'd like to have this kernel.^^

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

Hi, I'd like to have this kernel.^^

http://www.mediafire...lz9gow6rw3k6dav

de Bronya alias Dimitrik Bronzovka lui même (flag : arch=i386 why support 64 bit for CPU FX )

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

http://www.mediafire...lz9gow6rw3k6dav

de Bronya alias Dimitrik Bronzovka lui même (flag : arch=i386 why support 64 bit for CPU FX )

Gives me a reboot :( just after kernel cache

ZiggyW

ZiggyW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:World Peace and a working 64bits kernel osx10.8 for AMD

i did kernel for 10.7.5 and works on FX .
For Mountain i no did , is no time .

Hi,Bronzovka!
It works !bootflag arch=X86_64 .It's only cause glitches when starting up chrome ,looks like the same glitches as on ML. No problems so far on Safari.

Only glitches thus far in Chrome, no problems furthermore !

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 340 posts

Hi,Bronzovka!
It works !bootflag arch=X86_64 .It's only cause glitches when starting up chrome ,looks like the same glitches as on ML. No problems so far on Safari.

Only glitches thus far in Chrome, no problems furthermore !

@ZiggyW
Try what I did in ML and see if that tames the glitches, I don't have Lion installed so I can't test.
Follow the steps here: http://www.insanelym...60#entry1886220

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

system log kernel Bronya (Dimitrik)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1634990/

Clover 1050 :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ZiggyW

ZiggyW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:World Peace and a working 64bits kernel osx10.8 for AMD

@ZiggyW
Try what I did in ML and see if that tames the glitches, I don't have Lion installed so I can't test.
Follow the steps here: http://www.insanelym...60#entry1886220

Ok disabling flash made the trick !

Still no KP !

chpe

chpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello!

Here are my results with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 QL-65 @2.1GHz + HD4570:

LiTz ShAnE build (x86_64) - BEST RESULT:
  • super stable
  • runs fine with 10.7.4 and 10.7.5
  • Safari 6 freezes on start (64/32bit)
  • Safari 5.1.7 runs only in 32bit mode, Safari 5.1.7 64bit freezes on start
  • Preview 64bit runs fine (instant idiot reported it not launching, he's got the AMD Athlon II x4 640) as well as every other default Lion application (can't test Chess because of incompatibility in Lion's Quartz.framework that leads to lockup with my current hex edited ATI4600Controller for HD4570)
  • Finder 64bit - buggy, weird behaviour - occasionally non-closable windows showing 0 files until relaunched
  • heavy graphical corruption in CINEBENCH: http://i45.tinypic.com/2rxtoy8.jpg
  • graphical glitches in Chrome when Flash loaded, unless started with '--disable-accelerated-compositing'
Connactic and Bronya's 10.7.5 kernels (i386):
  • occasional lockups during booting and in OS (cursor movable)
  • Safari 6 freezes on start (32bit)
  • CINEBENCH OpenGL tests run fine
  • no graphical glitches in Chrome with Flash
Bronya's 10.7.4 kernel (i386/x86_64):
  • KP on boot :( ("tsc_init: EFI not supported!") - same as MadMungo's KP, he's got the FX 8350.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 340 posts

Ok disabling flash made the trick !

Still no KP !

Try this Launcher I made, (Ah the power of Google) with flash not disabled.
Get it here: https://www.dropbox....wgai/HPIXMSlm2B

byransays

byransays

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
@IiTz ShAnE

I read an old post of yours while looking to resolve sleep issues, and was just wondering if you have sleep working on this Lion with your kernel, or bronzovkas x86_64/i386 10.7.5 kernel.

I have 10.7.3 running perfect with bronzovka's kernel, arch=i386 -force64, its stable and running well, arch=x86_64 works okay but has minor issues that keeps me from using that, mostly graphic.

Anyway, I have nullcpupowermanagement and sleepenabler which used to work great when I was booting only i386 but now for some reason it doesnt wor with these new 64 kernels.

Any ideas Shane? anyone? I thought it was a fakesmc issue(i didnt have it) but then I got it and no change there either.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 340 posts
I am having the weirdest thing, I have a HD6570 that work on SL and ML with QI/CI (without the need of GraphicsEnabler) but on Lion, I get just a plain grey screen instead of the desktop. I am using the VGA port gonna try with a DVI adaptor later.

EDIT: Ok it works now, when I used a Nvida 9500GT to boot and update to 10.7.5. Swapped out to the HD6570 and it works QI/CI :D

Thanks guys :D really stable system!!!!

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 340 posts
Can someone please help, someone build a Kernel for Lion (or Snow Leopard) to use i386 with SSSE3 emulation instead of SSE3 to test.

I tried to build an old Snow Leopard Voodoo Build myself and even without doing anything to it, it just wouldn't build (if someone can help me with this too please PM me).

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Guys I got Bronzovka's Lion 10.7.5 Kernel [12] to boot in native 64bit with the latest Enoch Chameleon Version.

This is on an FX 8350 cpu. I just updated chameleon, and pointed it to the new kernel with arch=x86_64 busratio=20 npci=0x2000 -v
booted straight into the desktop with full QI/CE on my HD 5970 GPU.

misterfrista

misterfrista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
My FX8120 is booting with connactics 10.7.5 kernel to the point where the Desktop should show up!
For me, with a GTX660 the 10.7.5 isn´t usable!

With RAW´s 10.7.4 I am able to use the system pretty fine except my graphicscard, but it isnt freezing or anything similar!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
Hi, folks!

Well, jumped again to the Lion boat, using Bronzovka's 10.7.4 hybrid 32/64bit kernel. It boot faster than AnV's legacy kernel for Snow Leopard and, in this couple of days i've been running it, it has proven itself even more stable, if that's possible. Way to go, Bronya! So now my days of Snow Leopard are definitely behind. I'll miss Front Row (kind of: QuickTime codec support is pretty lame and perian wasn't playing nice), but i'm so much used now to this newer OSX interface (thanks to ML) that i frequently was finding myself missing natural scroll, launchpad and my iCloud goodies. Not to mention the lot of apps that now i can use because of the widespread OSX10.7 or newer paradigm in the App Store.

Ergo, so long, Snow Leopard. Was a nice time.

I'm using it in 32-bit mode with 64-bit process support, just like i did with 10.6.8. No apocalyptic graphics artifacts with my nVidia GeForce G210 (like i had with 10.7.4's IiTz ShAnE's 64-bit kernel: sorry, man) and the performance is really consistent with which i had with 10.6.8. I think the shutdown time could be faster (in Snow Leopard it was instantaneous) but that's OS version's fault, not kernel's.

I confess: i'm not intending to update it to 10.7.5 for now, since my experience with the newer version was rather frustrating on my AMD rig (i was using my own connactic 10.7.5 kernel, made from R:A:W's 10.7.4 sources, which hadn't the built-in opcode emulator). If some nVidia users report success with 10.7.5, though, i'll be tempted.

Some pics:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.56.34 AM.png   199.15KB   16 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.57.25 AM.png   58.92KB   13 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.57.40 AM.png   44.16KB   15 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.58.59 AM.png   85.08KB   20 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.59.17 AM.png   76.88KB   17 downloads

Best regards!

UPDATE 1: VMWare Fusion still gives me a KP, just like before with 10.6.8 and AnV's legacy_kernel.

UPDATE 2: All my games work as fine as possible with the hardware i have. Bioshock runs with all configs maxed, while it didn't even open on 10.6.8.

UPDATE 3: My first seemingly random KP in 72 hours: happened when i was trying to install a 10.7.4-compatible Sleepenabler (there aren't many around, and i used that: http://www.osx86.net...&id=2710&page=3). As soon as i typed my password in KextUtility, the dreaded multilingual box of death appeared. Unfortunately, i wasn't in verbose mode, and log log of it persisted in my system, so i cannot be sure of what caused it, since it just repeated the process and nothing happened.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.

Hi, folks!

Well, jumped again to the Lion boat, using Bronzovka's 10.7.4 hybrid 32/64bit kernel. It boot faster than AnV's legacy kernel for Snow Leopard and, in this couple of days i've been running it, it has proven itself even more stable, if that's possible. Way to go, Bronya! So now my days of Snow Leopard are definitely behind. I'll miss Front Row (kind of: QuickTime codec support is pretty lame and perian wasn't playing nice), but i'm so much used now to this newer OSX interface (thanks to ML) that i frequently was finding myself missing natural scroll, launchpad and my iCloud goodies. Not to mention the lot of apps that now i can use because of the widespread OSX10.7 or newer paradigm in the App Store.

Ergo, so long, Snow Leopard. Was a nice time.

I'm using it in 32-bit mode with 64-bit process support, just like i did with 10.6.8. No apocalyptic graphics artifacts with my nVidia GeForce G210 (like i had with 10.7.4's IiTz ShAnE's 64-bit kernel: sorry, man) and the performance is really consistent with which i had with 10.6.8. I think the shutdown time could be faster (in Snow Leopard it was instantaneous) but that's OS version's fault, not kernel's.

I confess: i'm not intending to update it to 10.7.5 for now, since my experience with the newer version was rather frustrating on my AMD rig (i was using my own connactic 10.7.5 kernel, made from R:A:W's 10.7.4 sources, which hadn't the built-in opcode emulator). If some nVidia users report success with 10.7.5, though, i'll be tempted.

Some pics:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.56.34 AM.png   199.15KB   16 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.57.25 AM.png   58.92KB   13 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.57.40 AM.png   44.16KB   15 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.58.59 AM.png   85.08KB   20 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.59.17 AM.png   76.88KB   17 downloads

Best regards!

UPDATE 1: VMWare Fusion still gives me a KP, just like before with 10.6.8 and AnV's legacy_kernel.

UPDATE 2: All my games work as fine as possible with the hardware i have. Bioshock runs with all configs maxed, while it didn't even open on 10.6.8.

Do 32 and 64 bit apps work with no problems? I will try 10.7.5 later on as I need to reinstall anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy