Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

ham4ever

613 posts in this topic

theconnactic, Yeah would be great if they worked but that is what hackintosh is all about :) for now Wine seems to be the way, let me know how wineskin does, I know in the Wine AppDB they had to install some wine tricks for some independices, but I'm not sure if that was just for the install. Lucky to build a custom engine with those independices needs Xcode which I think we have got sorted now, does xcodebuild work in terminal on Xcode 3.2.6 in lion?

EDIT: theconnactic, Wineskin works like a dream in Lion. Photoshop CS6 using Wineskin, see attached.

• Like 1

Yes, the retail installer of the entire suite.

OK awesome, let me know. I tried PlayOnMac (built on Wine) with the portables, No cigar, same as using Wineskin.

On the Wine AppDB they said to have it running on PlayOnLinux but they installed using the trial (like you are doing) then coping the files from a Windows install.

Hi, Bronzovka! Nice to see you here.

So, will your 10.7.5 kernel work even with nVidia cards? I confess i'm afraid to update to 10.7.5 because i use nVidia, and most 64-bit or 32/64-bit kernels seems to not play well with nVidia graphics.

About the adobe CS6, do you have an idea what's the cause of the problem?

Best regards!

Hi, Bronzovka! Nice to see you here.

So, will your 10.7.5 kernel work even with nVidia cards? I confess i'm afraid to update to 10.7.5 because i use nVidia, and most 64-bit or 32/64-bit kernels seems to not play well with nVidia graphics.

About the adobe CS6, do you have an idea what's the cause of the problem?

Best regards!

I continue search problem for CS6 .My new kernel 10.7.5 fine working, ati5770 working full QE/CI with flag arch=x86_64 ! But for nvidia - if without Geforce.kext , working gui , if with Geforce.kext , then you need correct natit or another kext . Because i dunno for nvidia .

I continue search problem for CS6 .My new kernel 10.7.5 fine working, ati5770 working full QE/CI with flag arch=x86_64 ! But for nvidia - if without Geforce.kext , working gui , if with Geforce.kext , then you need correct natit or another kext . Because i dunno for nvidia .

So, if i understand correctly, no QE/CI for nVidia with your 10.7.5 kernel, right?

I'll stay for a while running 10.7.4 with your 10.7.4 kernel, Bronzovka: my AMD rig is my HTPC, and QE/CI is the most important feature i must have enabled. I'm satisfied with 32-bit-only Xcode, since i also have two more hacks capable of running Mountain Lion with latest Xcode.

I'll wait for nVidia to be fixed, since Gatekeeper - the main "new" feature of 10.7.5 as far as my rig is concerned - does not really attract me. But i'll install it anyway on an USB stick, as soon as i have a spare 16GB stick, for the sake of testing and gathering information for the fixes. I'll report when this is done.

Best regards and thank you very much for the answer.

So, if i understand correctly, no QE/CI for nVidia with your 10.7.5 kernel, right?

I'll stay for a while running 10.7.4 with your 10.7.4 kernel, Bronzovka: my AMD rig is my HTPC, and QE/CI is the most important feature i must have enabled. I'm satisfied with 32-bit-only Xcode, since i also have two more hacks capable of running Mountain Lion with latest Xcode.

I'll wait for nVidia to be fixed, since Gatekeeper - the main "new" feature of 10.7.5 as far as my rig is concerned - does not really attract me. But i'll install it anyway on an USB stick, as soon as i have a spare 16GB stick, for the sake of testing and gathering information for the fixes. I'll report when this is done.

Best regards and thank you very much for the answer.

I have 10.7.5 installed with full QE/CI on my GT 430 using GE and arch=i386, arch=x86_64 gives the same black screen as ML.

Edit: Using Apple nvidia kexts and Cuda installed but didn't need Cuda for QE/CI

• Like 1

<p>

I have 10.7.5 installed with full QE/CI on my GT 430 using GE and arch=i386, arch=x86_64 gives the same black screen as ML.

Edit: Using Apple nvidia kexts and Cuda installed but didn't need Cuda for QE/CI

Black screen . Ok . please wait beta test kernel ...

mach_kernel_10_7_5_FX_RC7_TEST_FSB !http://www.mediafire.com/?6bs5001r1y5218y

• Like 1

Only as a site note, Bronzovka: booting your 10.7.4 kernel with arch=x86_64, i'll have a screen divided horizontally; the upper half being a solid white rectangle, the lower being a solid black rectangle. I'm using a GeForce G210 DDR3 1024MB (Point of View).

Yes . You same can write flags -nossse3bit, -nosse42bit

I need these flags even for arch=i386, or else my 64-bit apps won't open and i'll have no QE/CI. In 64-bit, obviously, the system panics without the flags.

• Like 1