iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Changed boot.plist file and network.plist file - Help

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

Adam1203

Adam1203

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Check out the third post down...

http://www.insanelym...ed/page__st__20

I use this to enable FMM, it may be useful if we need to pull/create NVRAM data at boot.

[EDIT]

I ran the nvram -x -p on my hack, and I only have 6 keys.... none of which reference the UUID or EFI.

Attached Files

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

From what I'm piecing together from this thread – the little I can understand in it, the likelihood of this ever being fixed is snowing to none, am I right?

Anythings possible, you just have to think different :)
@Adam1203: that's how hack would be expected to look. I added UUID to mine and made it persistant after reboots, but keep in mind this does not set the UUID, only stores the value, possibly to be read by something else later.

Adam1203

Adam1203

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Anythings possible, you just have to think different :)
@Adam1203: that's how hack would be expected to look. I added UUID to mine and made it persistant after reboots, but keep in mind this does not set the UUID, only stores the value, possibly to be read by something else later.

I wonder if a user that hasn't logged out of iMessage could export their iMessage entries from the keychain. Would that be helpful?

ccsr

ccsr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I wonder if a user that hasn't logged out of iMessage could export their iMessage entries from the keychain. Would that be helpful?

Nope, tried it

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
FWIW, this morning I noticed that the share name on my main hac was blank, put that back in and iMessage stopped work, would be interesting if Apple started making changes to social features of OSX to work on confirmed Apple devices. the hack community either can fix them or we find alternatives to them.

iMessage, Facetime and iCloud, I could live without them on my Main hack, I have a MBP and MacMini and this machine does mostly VM's.

This will be interesting for sure and needs to be the main focus of the community not only for getting iMessage to work but to have a plan B if OSX loses social features in the future on hacks.

My 2 cents

blackthund3r

blackthund3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Is it possible to proxy the iMessage connection via iOS? I assume the protocol is (nearly?!) the same. Otherwise can the keys be copied from the iOS keychain into the OS X one?

Also just to add something to the mix: how relevant is the push authentication and its associated keys? Is it possible that the push authentication isn't 100% approved on a hackintosh and imagent checks the push keys when 'signing in'? Has anybody tried copying over both the iMessage keys and the push tokens from the keychain?

With regards to FakeSMC, could there be a check on its existence? Has anybody been able to successfully recompile FakeSMC from source under a completely new name? Perhaps if it is found on the Hack imagent fails the authentication.

I'm just brainstorming here; feel free to let me know if any of this is irrelevant / impossible.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
Anything's possible, if all the variables are right. I did a quick proxy through my old MacBook using it's extracted certs and was able to alter the iMessage connection routine where it fist connected to http://init.ess.appl.../wa/getBag?ix=1 just as iOS would. It then connected to verisign at which point it failed with "check network connection it may be down", this was likely do to some misconfiguration on my part and I knew I hadn't set everything needed up, but just wanted to see if anything changed. Using mitmproxy to monitor and will be using pushproxy to handle certs, both available on github by meeee.

salado

salado

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Any update or fix for the Message login problem now? Just installed with iATKOS ML2.
iCloud and App Store logged-in without problem.

No luck on Message App. Ehhh~~~

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
Everyone figured out how to fix it on there own so we killed the thread :) JK. I've been trying different random things as they occur to me, but nothing new worthy of reporting on. Assume that's kinda the case for everyone at the moment. Don't worry, any major revelations will be posted. I did get the beta to reinstall on my Lion only MacBook by changing the system clock and putting it back to internet time after rebooting launching it. Can use it for google talk, but I know if I quit it I'll be forced to switch to iChat next time I launch it. It still can't sign into imessage, gets same "imessage beta has ended" in the auth token response as ML hack and follows the same server authentication sequence as ML on hack, except it does a "get bag" exchange at the beginning like iOS does and the content in it is much longer than what's in the nvram, so at best that is just one portion of it. In the mean time, trying out some Cydia tweaks so I can just use my iOS version from my Hack, or in this case old MacBook.
Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 11.34.54 PM.jpg   138.4KB   168 downloads

Sorry about the squiggles. Had to protect other peoples privacy.

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Same as eep357. I've been trying a few things but so far no success to report back on.

I did file a support request with VMWare as this problem affects virtualized OSX under Fusion which is a supported configuration by VMWare and Apple. At first they pointed the finger to Apple but after calling BS, they escalated to an engineer who is "looking into it". If VMWare can find and fix the issue we may be able to replicate what they do. I would suggest other paying customers of VMWare Fusion file support requests to bring more attention to the issue. Just don't mention this problem affects hacks since they'll probably deny the request instantly as an unsupported host configuration. It would also be helpful to have a real mac that you run Fusion on in order to work with support and provide any needed info from a legit mac.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
Here's my solution: Not perfect and won't work for everyone. You need a jailbroken iOS device. Download and run "Remote Messages" from cydia. I only have iPad it it's iPhone only, had to download from Mac and transfer it via SFTP then use iFile to install. Once installed and enabled in settings, you can use any web browser on your local network to use iMessage. This also lets me use it on my Lion only MacBook and could use it on Windows if I used Windows. Not a fix, but a good enough work around for me at the moment assuming it all works like it should.

ZackehSoul

ZackehSoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Same as eep357. I've been trying a few things but so far no success to report back on.

I did file a support request with VMWare as this problem affects virtualized OSX under Fusion which is a supported configuration by VMWare and Apple. At first they pointed the finger to Apple but after calling BS, they escalated to an engineer who is "looking into it". If VMWare can find and fix the issue we may be able to replicate what they do. I would suggest other paying customers of VMWare Fusion file support requests to bring more attention to the issue. Just don't mention this problem affects hacks since they'll probably deny the request instantly as an unsupported host configuration. It would also be helpful to have a real mac that you run Fusion on in order to work with support and provide any needed info from a legit mac.

The only thing we gotta hope for there is that they come up with something that fixes it across all platforms and not just localized to VMware. Which knowing the way they work is probably how it'll go.

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.
i miss it.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
With addition of NotifyPro also from Cydia and Growl on Mac, get native message notifications too. Remote Message can do browser notifications. iPad can be locked with screen off and all still works fine. So far so good.

sekmo

sekmo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Have anybody tested imessage enabler? It sasys "enable imessage on hackintosh or vmware"

http://www.souldevte...-on-hackintosh/

... and there is also this guide http://www.souldevte...-vmware-images/

As I come back home I will test it :-)

iBlacky

iBlacky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Have anybody tested imessage enabler? It sasys "enable imessage on hackintosh or vmware"

http://www.souldevte...-on-hackintosh/

... and there is also this guide http://www.souldevte...-vmware-images/

As I come back home I will test it :-)

Update #2: Apple has (inadvertently, I think) stopped the iMessage Enabler from working currently when they performed maintenance on the 18th December. Currently I’m not sure what the issue is but I’ll look into it. Those of you who are already logged in should stay logged in. If you stay logged in you can still access iMessage.

cosmo1t

cosmo1t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Developers
  • 98 posts
1/7/13 8:52:46.979 AM imagent[286]: [Warning] +[IMDMacOSCertificateHandlers generateCSRForPublicKey:privateKey:tpHandle:clHandle:subjectInfo:error:]: createCertCsr() result: -2147418032
1/7/13 8:52:47.012 AM imagent[286]: [Warning] Warning, missing csr in (null)
1/7/13 8:52:47.012 AM imagent[286]: [Warning] Missing message key: csr (Message: <FTProvisionMessage: 0x7fb9d3c44b70>)

anyone thats signed in, what is the subject info on any of the imessage certs?

fffeee

fffeee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

The only thing we gotta hope for there is that they come up with something that fixes it across all platforms and not just localized to VMware. Which knowing the way they work is probably how it'll go.

How could they fix it, but only for VMware? They'll need to expose the method used to get values from NVRAM.

1/7/13 8:52:46.979 AM imagent[286]: [Warning] +[IMDMacOSCertificateHandlers generateCSRForPublicKey:privateKey:tpHandle:clHandle:subjectInfo:error:]: createCertCsr() result: -2147418032
1/7/13 8:52:47.012 AM imagent[286]: [Warning] Warning, missing csr in (null)
1/7/13 8:52:47.012 AM imagent[286]: [Warning] Missing message key: csr (Message: <FTProvisionMessage: 0x7fb9d3c44b70>)

anyone thats signed in, what is the subject info on any of the imessage certs?

We're past the certificates at this point.

cosmo1t

cosmo1t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Developers
  • 98 posts
glad you're past that. when you have it fixed let me know so i can make the commit to chameleon.

we've discussed NVRAM stuff in the bootloader for a while.. this may be a reson for doing it, or at least for developing a real kext to handle it.. i sitll think the bootloader will have some responsibility at startup to load the saved data (unless the os doesn't require any of the data until userland is fired up)

fffeee

fffeee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

I did file a support request with VMWare as this problem affects virtualized OSX under Fusion which is a supported configuration by VMWare and Apple.

Good suggestion, I did the same. I'll escalate it on the enterprise support side if they are non-responsive.

glad you're past that. when you have it fixed let me know so i can make the commit to chameleon.

Are you wanting to do this at the boot loader or do you think it should happen in userland? Does anyone know if the code revogirl was working on for semi-persistant values is in a usable state and worth using for this?

I likely misunderstood where you were going with the certificate query, the "beta" iMessage conversation does things out of order, but are you wondering if there is a CSR value that is being stored to NVRAM or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy